Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-25-2009, 02:47 PM   #1
smilnmom
Registered Users

Preschooler nighttime bedwetter...

I have a heavy sleeper who is 5.5.... he could really still wear diapers at night because he rarely wakes himself to go potty. And even if myself or my husband takes him once or even twice at night.. he will still have a peee accident at some point.. He really does not want to wear diapers anymore.. or anything of any kind... Kind of a lot of laundry going on... any suggestions on what I could put on him at night?
TIA..

Advertisement

smilnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 06:27 PM   #2
VMnFAM
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Preschooler nighttime bedwetter...

Lots of people really like Ditto Daddys. They look like boxer briefs. (they really do, not like the junky pull-ups that claim to!)
We use Happy Heiny's pocket trainers. They are more diaper-like but they work very well and you can stuff them as much as you need to. We have a VERY heavy sleeper and VERY heavy wetter. I took our son with me to the CD store one time so he could pick the colors.

I've also seen people who sell wool or fleece bed covers that may help protect his sheets if he's only wetting a little or once in a while. They aren't like mattress pads but just smaller rectangles that you lay out in a strategic spot on the bed. If I come across the link again I'll edit and post.

Good luck!
Old 05-26-2009, 11:49 AM   #3
csully4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am in a similar situation. My ds won't wear the happy heiny's cause they are too poofy. I am in the process of trying Antsy Pants to see if I can get them absorbent enough. My next thing to try is snap-ez. I 4T ones that are too big so I am waiting to get some 3T off of fsot. So far the only thing that has worked is pull-ups. I am getting sick of wasting money on them though. I am constantly on hear to get new ideas.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:04 PM   #4
*Hadassah*
Registered Users
seller
seller

Maybe these?

http://nickisdiapers.com/catalog.php?category=334
*Hadassah* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 01:59 PM   #5
SweetPacino
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We use Happy Heinys Pocket Trainers for Brenton @ night with a MF insert on top of a Hemp insert. He is 4.5yo and weighs about 45-47 lbs. He wears size large. They have an extra large size and XXL. How big is your guy?

Last edited by SweetPacino; 05-26-2009 at 02:01 PM.
SweetPacino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 02:22 PM   #6
tarray22
ThreadedBliss, Find your own Bliss!
seller

My Mood:

My Daughter went through this until she was 6 and had her tonsils removed. The doctor said she was sleeping so deeply becuase of it. I thought it was wierd, but it cleared up soon after the surgery. She had to have the tonsils removed anyway, this was just a strange side effect. We used cloth type pullups you can get on ebay with the plastic outer, they are very inexpensive, and did the plastic mattress protector.
Old 06-07-2009, 02:29 PM   #7
Lovefam6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I put my 4.5 yr old son in a BG 3.0 or Cricketts or Tinkle Traps w/wool. My 3 yr old son doesn't wear a diaper to bed anymore so my almost 5 yr old is really upset he still has to wear them. I refuse to spend money on diapers for him though so he either has a huge butt and looks like a bumble bee or he allows his body to wake him *shrug*.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:28 AM   #8
Carey-Anne
Registered Users

My Mood:

Ok. I can relate. You could look into what I am going to use for my son who is also a heavy wetter and is 4 1/2 years old and wets only at night. Because this combo works so well for my DD, I am getting him a custom made wool soaker (because I could not find any good ones)from:

http://hyenacart.com/royalbuns/

Colleen can custom make anything you like (diapers, trainers, covers, clothes, fitteds, etc.) and she can even embroider them. Check out her gallery and the action shots in her gallery. She is absolutely wonderful to work with (and her stuff is soohh cute!!!) and has great customer service. Then I am getting some custom made bamboo soakers with stay dry liners that will snap into the wool soakers. See link under Bakawww for what they will kind of look like (and they look quite trim):

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...d.php?t=751374

I am also a WAHM who sells Avon and Regal gifts. Please e-mail me for a catalogue or website catalogue link
Carey-Anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 02:03 AM   #9
starryeyedgyal
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey-Anne View Post
Ok. I can relate. You could look into what I am going to use for my son who is also a heavy wetter and is 4 1/2 years old and wets only at night. Because this combo works so well for my DD, I am getting him a custom made wool soaker (because I could not find any good ones)from:

http://hyenacart.com/royalbuns/

Colleen can custom make anything you like (diapers, trainers, covers, clothes, fitteds, etc.) and she can even embroider them. Check out her gallery and the action shots in her gallery. She is absolutely wonderful to work with (and her stuff is soohh cute!!!) and has great customer service. Then I am getting some custom made bamboo soakers with stay dry liners that will snap into the wool soakers. See link under Bakawww for what they will kind of look like (and they look quite trim):

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...d.php?t=751374
Wow what an awesome link...tons of info!! Thanks for that.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:17 AM   #10
cheapdiapermom
Registered Users

I have a dd who is almost 6 and still wetting at night. I was using disposables on her, but we are trying to save money, so I use a 1 premium size Indian prefold and an infant size for a doubler, with pins and a Dappi nylon cover. But I am looking for a solution to help her stop. I noticed that Hyland's has a homeopathic remedy for bedwetting. Anyone ever try it with success?
cheapdiapermom is offline   Reply With Quote