Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-23-2009, 01:11 PM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: how do I "cover" DS's g tube???

Originally Posted by mekat View Post
I'm not going to type a long post since the other posts seemed to answer your question well enough but I did want to define the swimming answer a little better.
Swimming with a tube after it is healed is allowed but only swimming pools & ocean type places it is usually advised not to take g-tube child into a lake. It has something to do with bacteria levels in the water.

Loving Christian Wifey to Matthew,
SAHM to DD (12/99) , DS #1 (1/07) , DS #2 (10/08) , and DS #3 (01/14) !
, modified cosleeping, vaxing, circing, and trying to be super crunchy!
lsmith073104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 07:16 AM   #12
FSOT issues with this member. Contact administrator before any transaction~
My Mood:

Thanks everyone, he dosen't get the mic key til the end of july, that's why I needed to know how to cover it, he isn't the tallest kid around, and the tube is longer then he is on both ends. I've started to just make him "tube top" like tops to put on under his clothes so its not dangling when he isn't hooked up to the pump.
Jenn SAHM married to my love Stephen mom to Dylan (7/05) and Lucas (8/08).
Picklesmom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:44 PM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:

What kind of PEG does he have? When dd got hers, we were allowed to cut off some of it. The connector end pulls out and goes back in, but some PEGS may be different. We did that, then what I did rather than tape her all up, or make her wear the tube top, I made a tab out of cloth tape. I did it closer to the connection end, but not all the way. Then, I pinned that end to her waist band of diaper. It kept it from getting pulled or falling out and she was more comfy without the tube top stuff or all the tape on her belly.

As for swimming, it's fine. Whenever your doc gives the ok for tub baths, he can swim. We were told to avoid fresh water lakes/ponds, but swimming pools and the ocean were fine.

The MicKey button is great compared to the PEG. We had to wait about 6 weeks too, but when they made the switch, it took about 5-10 minutes and we were on our way within a half hour.
Mommy to: E 11-29-05 and A 9-25-01

Last edited by Menfusse; 06-25-2009 at 08:47 PM.
Menfusse is offline   Reply With Quote