Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-27-2009, 10:09 AM   #11
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: HELP I"M A HUMAN PACI!!!

My 6 week old does this too ALLDAY I have low supply so I let him to help build it up. He also passes out once nipple goes in mouth..lol..We side lay and it totally helps me get sleep! GL..

Advertisement

momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 07:20 PM   #12
JP04JM08
Registered Users
seller

My DD uses a paci and is EBF with no confusion. It took a while for her to get used to the paci, but I needed her to stop using me as one too! It worked. Side-lying is a saver too.
JP04JM08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:14 PM   #13
mrseum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we gave my son a paci at 3 weeks. He hates it. LOL, every time I try to give it to him he makes a face like "WHAT is this??" he's 4 weeks now. He'll take it, but he likes to try and spit it out a few times first, and he won't keep it for long, so I wouldn't worry too much. If it's something you want him to use, I wouldn't wait *too* long to introduce it, because then he'll almost definately reject it. We also gave him a bottle at 3 weeks, and again, he made that face because the bottle nipples are too big for him. but he wound up taking it. Good luck! I'm a paci at night too. It's not fun, but at least I can sleep. The first few times we tried side laying he was VERY frusterated, but it's just making sure you try to line baby up with your nipple so she can latch. Once in awhile he'll wake up frusterated because he's not where he can reach. (He's also laying close enough that he's touching my body, obviously. ) good luck mama!
E-2.1.14
mrseum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:28 PM   #14
beesbaby2
Registered Users
seller

I think 6 weeks is just a number thrown out there. Both of mine took pacis at a few days old, and both breastfed beautifully. My first gave up her paci at 6 months old. I agree to let baby breastfeed on demand until the supply is up, but like you said, that is not an issue for you. If I let my DD use me as a pacifier, she ends up spitting up from overfeeding. If she didn't have a paci in those early days, she would have chewed her fingers off!!

DD1 10/06, DD2 3/09, and a BOY due 4/4/2012!
beesbaby2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 09:48 AM   #15
ChicanaCoqueta
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

my son has a pacifier since day one. it helped sooth him when he wasn't hungry but wanted to suck. we haven't had any nipple preference issues. I think every kid is different and if you need to try it. then do it. if you want to take it away later, it's easier when they're younger.
luckily, my son's not really interested in the pacifier anymore, he uses me... LOL but it's only for about 10 - 20 min. post-nursing and I'll take that as our special time - but I digress... LOL
do it and don't worry too much about it.
Old 05-28-2009, 06:53 PM   #16
Dahlea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

She might not even like pacifiers-mine hated them once I introduced them. Letting her suck is helping to build your supply. Stick in there!
Mama to Zanthias (10/13) and wife to Drew, love of my life I offer snap services (including converting BGs and similar to snaps)! I sell Longaberger baskets! Join SB to earn giftcards! Due 8/10 with a surprise!
Dahlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:07 PM   #17
wyoming butterfly
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I could not side laying nurse with DD till she was about 2 months old or she would get sick. So I had to sit up every time she was hungry. Very tiring 2 months.
We waited till 4 weeks with DD she nursed till she was about 18-20 months. My milk supply delpeted cause I got pg. We did not want her to be a thumb kid. We thought the paci would be easier to break cause we could use the out of sight out of mind thing. DD only has her paci at nap and bed. If it was not for the baby coming any day she most likely not have it at all. Do not want to stress her too much.

Last edited by wyoming butterfly; 05-28-2009 at 07:11 PM.
wyoming butterfly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 10:34 PM   #18
KristyG5
Registered Users
seller

Is there a recliner or enough pillows around so you could at least make yourself comfortable and dose off while holding her football-style? I think my daughter was around 3 weeks when I finally figured out side-lying and didn't have to fully wake up to feed her. Just keep telling yourself "this too shall pass!" Good luck!
KristyG5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 11:06 PM   #19
Calideedle
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

She could be having a growth spurt & at that age your supply could very well still be leveling out.

Practice, Practice, Practice the side laying position. None of my kids could do it until 2months or so. Once they did it was restful nights

We don't use a Pacifier (just because I hate them after DS1 had one, cannot stand them) but both DD & DS2 started sucking their thumbs around 3months. DD stopped at 10months.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:17 AM   #20
annabanana137
Registered Users

My Mood:

I feel like a human Paci, too. And sometimes because he's sucking for comfort, he gets more milk than his little belly can handle and spits up. Try your pinky (clean and trimmed) works for me!
annabanana137 is offline   Reply With Quote