Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-30-2009, 09:55 AM   #21
GEMQEMCABOOSE
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: HELP I"M A HUMAN PACI!!!

Hope you find a solution mama. We don't co-sleep so we never had the "All Night Milk Bar" phenomenon. DS1 had a paci at 2 weeks to help with his reflux at the peds' suggestion and it didn't goof up nursing. He was only given it when it was VITAL KWIM? DS2 never had a paci. But, I really don't think your DD will be content with a paci when the real deal is just a few inches away. Good luck.

Advertisement

Leslie Helpmeet since 1999. WAHM to Big(04), Middle(08) and Little(09) and Double Blessings (10/13).Granola crunchy, scheduling, Evangelical Liberal mommy that CDs, BFs, ERFs, & BWs. An attached parent without the Attachment Parenting.
GEMQEMCABOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 02:46 PM   #22
gromit0299
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My daughter is a day younger than yours, and I'm a human pacifier at this stage too. I've had to give a pacifier, and thankfully, she hasn't had confusion issues, but otherwise, I'd never get any sleep. And with a toddler, that's just not possible. I'm already a giant hormonal mess!!
Old 06-01-2009, 06:54 PM   #23
Bee Green Naturals
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Not sure if this was mentioned already but I've got experience with major oversupply with all my kids and also being used as a pacifier, the one thing that can cause this 'routine' is that she's started now to only get foremilk.
In the beginning you feed on demand but some of us are more sensitive to the stimulation and our supply increases dramatically more than needed.
So you make more milk but it's mosly more foremilk with traces of hindmilk in it but not enough to keep it from passing through her quickly.
In the end she isn't able to drink enough to get to the fatty hindmilk and is thus hungry again very soon. Which means you nurse more and increase your supply more.

I love LC's for oversupply.. good ones have vast information and can work with you on getting your supply down and showing you how to express beforehand so baby gets your hindmilk but you also won't increase your supply as easily.

For me, I learned that self expressing was the least stimulatory. Its not a fun or quick thing to do in the beginning but it works well.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:55 AM   #24
KailaMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I introduced a pacifier when dd was 2 weeks old. She would nurse all the time and also suck on my finger until it was raw. It's great for at night. By the way she's 14 mo. and still nursing.
KailaMama is offline   Reply With Quote