Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-15-2006, 11:25 PM   #1
jillkuster
Registered Users
seller

constant pinching

Well, the constant biting thread got me thinking I should finally post my nursing issue.
(And by the way, Ezzie bites too lol.)
Everyone of my children has done something super annoying while they nurse-for the entire 3-4 years that I nurse them. For instance, Lucia scratch, scratch, scratched me while she nursed...while she feel asleep etc.
Annoying I can handle, but Ezra is killing me with his pinch, pinch, pinching. I have bruises up and down my inner arms. He does little tiny pinches and then pulls. I'm ready to have a break down.
I've tried to reach around and hold his fingers so he can't do it and everything else I can think of but nothings working.
I really can't do this for four years.
Is this normal?
Any ideas on how to kick this to the curb before it's a deep seeded habit?

Advertisement

Last edited by jillkuster; 12-15-2006 at 11:43 PM.
jillkuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 11:46 PM   #2
Calideedle
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: constant pinching

My DS & DD both do this! (not fun while nursing both at the same time!)

I just talk to them and stuff while nursing & it sometimes helps & sometimes doesnt
Old 12-15-2006, 11:58 PM   #3
haleysmom
Registered Users
seller

Have you tried nursing necklaces to keep them occupied?
Old 12-16-2006, 12:26 AM   #4
jillkuster
Registered Users
seller

Oh, that's what those are for?
Are they actually made so that whatever habit the baby is exibiting, they can be distracted? Does this mean that this is normal nursing behavior-I was wondering if my kids are the only ones who do this? Well mine and Calideedle's lol.
Then again, I have two necklaces on at all times. One is a hanging buddah with the chakra's highlighted in stones and the other is actually Ezzie's teething necklace lol. You'd think that would occupy him. Especially the buddah. It hangs, and he hasn't bothered with it while nursing. When he's not nursing he plays with it. Maybe I should go to Goodwill and get some giant, red, clunky old lady beads.

Last edited by jillkuster; 12-16-2006 at 12:31 AM.
jillkuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 01:29 AM   #5
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

I would also suggest a nursing neckalce, danae and danny both used to pinch me, i didnt have a NN for danny but did have one for danae and it worked great! if there hands are occupied they wont both pinching/scratching you
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 08:51 AM   #6
Tootsiemomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Omg, my daughter does the same exact thing, only she pinches my boob and arm, and she also pokes me...over and over again. I haven't worn my nursing necklace for awhile, I keep forgetting to put it on. But maybe I'll try it and see if she'll stop...those little fingers are strong!
Tootsiemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 01:27 PM   #7
pixiepunk
Registered Users
seller

yeah - my DS went through a pinching phase, and the nursing necklace was very helpful in distracting his busy little fingers. sometimes he'd also hold my hand and play with my fingers if the necklace wasn't handy.

he pinched my breast, i think to try and stimulate more milk (sort of started as pushing on it, and progressed to pinching) and i had little bruises all over my poor breasts for about 2 months before i said started using the nursing necklace.
pixiepunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 01:34 PM   #8
yellowcampcat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

a little mitten for him, perhaps? Or make sure the area where he's pinching is covered by your clothes if possible. (Not such a good suggestion if you live where it's warm.) My dd kind of pinches, but I just have to make sure her nails are trimmed.
yellowcampcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 01:41 PM   #9
Kimmomy2dom
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:

Nova grabs and piches any part of my boob she can get. Really annoying! I've just gotten used to it - or if I have the extra hand I hold the most pinchy hand, LOL. A nursing necklace is worth a try. You can find some WAHM ones on here for a reasonable amount.
Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 03:14 PM   #10
weddell
Registered Users
seller

My dd pinches the nipple she isn't nursing on. I try to keep the other side covered, but she does her best to stick her hand down my shirt, tank top, bra whatever. If I use my hand to keep my shirt closed she screams and whines! It is so annoying and kind of painful. After this thread, I'm starting to think things like this are normal nursing behavior. Maybe I'll try a necklace too...
weddell is offline   Reply With Quote