Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-21-2006, 08:11 AM   #1
kannondicarpo
seller
seller

My Mood:
Anyone dealt with echogenic foci???

So the midwife called yesterday and said that the u/s results showed echogenic foci. I looked it up and did some research so I am aware of what it is now, but am wondering if anyone has dealt with this and can give me some real life pointers. There is not alot of information on it and hardly any in language that is easy to really understand.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not post horror stories or everything negative that you have heard about this. PLEASE.

I am looking for some facts and also to hear from anyone who has dealt with this and what resulted.

Advertisement

Charlene Keala || 9.27.10, Zakary Michael || 10.25.12 & Baby "Momomi" || October 2014 ~

Loving life on the Big Island!
kannondicarpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 01:22 PM   #2
*~Mindy~*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone dealt with echogenic foci???

ive actually never heard of it and normally wouldnt go and do this but babycenter has a couple boards for babies with birth issues, and mdc has a board for special needs, you could go check them out..i went and looked to see if i can figure out what it is, and big for you, i hope that its not a serious case!! whatever you need to look for, would be determined by what the degree is, and if theres anything else along with it, but i hope you find some help in understand and knowing what youre dealing with!!
*~Mindy~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 06:55 AM   #3
OTMOM
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hiya!
Yep, with my first son we had the same thing ID'd on an ultrasound. Essentially it is calcifications on the heart. Don't get too worried about what you are researching online. I totally paniced!

I called my ob and she calmed me down!

That was 3 years ago, and my sweet little guy is just fine. There are no problems and nothing was EVER done after that point. Nothing! Actually, i've had 2 kids since then and in 2 different states, and they don't even REPORT the echogenic intercardiac focus anymore b/c it is so occuring. SO many people have these on the U/S , but they don't report it b/c it is not truly significant.

We did not do any other prenatal testing, such as the amnio or CVS, so if that is something important to you, then go ahead and do more testing, But again, i'm sure if you call your ob and ask more info, they will say not to worry at this point.

Sharon
OTMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 07:47 AM   #4
dluciew
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't know much about it either but when I had my U/S with DS they pointed it out and I went to have a Genetic U/S done at the hospital. They were saying that "if it's not bright as bone" and it wasn't, not to worry, hard not to but everything is fine with my son. Are you doing a Genetic U/S? They know alot more than the technicians at the Dr's office.
Old 12-22-2006, 08:08 AM   #5
kannondicarpo
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks so much for insight. We are going to have the 2nd u/s which is, what my midwife told me, just a more detailed u/s and they would be able to see more. She says that she is not worried but of course it's so hard not to. This is our first baby and so I got all freaked out and so did my DH.

We will not be getting any further testing, such as amnio, beyond this u/s because we would not terminate even if there was a defect found. We want all the babies God is going to give to us.

I just had a hard time finding eny information about the outcome after birth and if this us something that we have to monitor after birth.

Thanks again, and thanks for not scaring me more.

Charlene Keala || 9.27.10, Zakary Michael || 10.25.12 & Baby "Momomi" || October 2014 ~

Loving life on the Big Island!
kannondicarpo is offline   Reply With Quote