Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-30-2009, 08:18 PM   #1
Len27
Registered Users
seller

2nd diaper pail for the bathroom?

Does anyone else have a 2nd (smaller) diaper pail for the bathroom? It's not an option to have the whole change station in there, but there's gotta be a more effective way rather than running dripping wet diapers from the toilet to the bedroom pail. I was thinking maybe a smaller trash can in the bathroom just for poopy dipes? I suppose I'd just have to be really diligent about not forgetting it was there

Advertisement

Len27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 08:33 PM   #2
mommy2gr8kids78
Fairies and Fireflies~ Add Magic

My Mood:
Re: 2nd diaper pail for the bathroom?

My one and only diaper pail is in the bathroom. I change DD on our bed and after setting her down safely somewhere, I bring her poopy or pee diap to the bathroom and either spray it off for poo or just drop it in. Is that an option for you? You do get used to bringing the diap there.

Catholic, Homeschooling, CD'ing, Open to life mama of 4 gifts from God.

mommy2gr8kids78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 08:36 PM   #3
misidawnrn
Registered Users
seller

I use family cloth so I have a small plastic basket in the bathroom to put those wet ones in. when i spray a dirty dipe i put it in there since its right next to toilet. we also have a small bucket in bathroom to soak pooed dipes in before spraying them off. then once in a while I take the little plastic bucket to the washer where I keep the big diaper pail aka the 13 gallon garbage can. It works for us.
PS. I also have a small garbage can in my room for night diapers and in the morning I take those to the big pail too. HTH
misidawnrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 08:36 PM   #4
mama2tstnjb
Registered Users
seller

I had that problem for a little while too. Our bathroom isnt big enough for the changing table, so after awhile of going back and forth carrying the diaper pail with me I got a trash can with a step lid just big enough to fit by the toilet and now I can toss the diapers straight in....as long as none of the kids have put trash in it LOL
mama2tstnjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 08:40 PM   #5
Bumby
Registered Users
Formerly: steph_sohier
seller

My Mood:

I do the same thing. I have a stainless steel peddle trash can behind the door in the bathroom. I bring the soiled dipe to the bathroom from the change table in the bedroon. Works for us... and I just take the insert out to take to the washer when it is full. It is about 2 days worth to fill.

My son would be in his dirty diapers all day if it was in his room. I can just close the door and keep him out of the bathroom too.
Bumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 08:50 PM   #6
momma2Mimi07
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We only have one diaper pail and it is a 13gal. trash can with a pop up lid! If I need to dunk/swish I diaper I pull the can closer to the toilet to prevent some drips on the floor and thats it, I also use Family Cloth and Momma Cloth (when I am Post partum) and its easier to just have all the cloth in one place!

ETA: Our changing table is in DD's walk in closet But I just take the diapers into the bathroom when done changing her! Although now I just change her on the floor cause she is just too big for her changing table!
Expecting Sweet Baby#3 in Early May

Last edited by momma2Mimi07; 05-30-2009 at 08:52 PM.
momma2Mimi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 09:30 PM   #7
*Hadassah*
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have small pail by the toilet for poopy diapers after they're sprayed. I line it with a grocery bag and carry that bag and the main bag down when I wash diapers. I stick it in the bathtub if company is over.
*Hadassah* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 09:57 PM   #8
rcarver
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We keep 3, but they are nothing fancy, just pails. We keep one in the upstairs restroom, one in the downstairs bathroom, and one in the laundry room.
rcarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 10:34 PM   #9
wild fire child
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My only pail is right outside the bathroom door, it's basically the center of the house. DS won't pee in his sleep though, so I have one morning diaper that gets changed in the bedroom, everything else is the livingroom floor or couch.
wild fire child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 10:39 PM   #10
Bee Green Naturals
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I do hanging wetbags in the bathroom and bedroom, pail is in the laundry room. For the new baby we will have one attached to a knob on a nearby dresser. In the bathroom there will be the same one we've used before that is hanging from the edge of one of the towel rods.