Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-30-2009, 08:25 PM   #1
PamB4Bears
Registered Users

My Mood:
Does Anyone Know of a GOOD WAHM for my disabled son???

I am looking for a WAHM that could make a few diapers for my disabled child. He weighs about 75lbs Waist 27, Rise 25 and Thighs 20. I am looking for snaps placed in the back instead of the front or even BUTTONS. He is a Super soaker because he has kidney problems. I would really like something I could use inserts with, but they would either need to be snap in kind or a pocket style, as he has wondering hands. I need something basically BULLETT PROOF. . .LOL I do NOT have alot of money to spend. I could spend $10 MAYBE $15.00. I know this is asking alot, but we are getting to where Good nites are soon not going to fit and I need to figure something out. . .and SOON!!!!!!!

Please PM me if you do. . .or you are a WAHM willing to help me.

Advertisement

PamB4Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 06:24 AM   #2
PamB4Bears
Registered Users

My Mood:
DELETE PLEASE. . .FOUND PLENTY OF WAHM's

DELETE
Old 06-05-2009, 07:08 PM   #3
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Does Anyone Know of a GOOD WAHM for my disabled son???

Did you find some one? If not I might have some ideas. Mother of Eden makes a bedwetter pant that holds ALOT (Tharen is a super duper heavy wetter and they could manage him) and they come in pretty large sizes. Also I believe fuzzibunz goes to a XXL and I have been told it is incredibly huge. I am sure there are some wahms on here who would be happy to attempt it too. When Kearnan was still in diapers the wahm of Bum-ware told me she would be happy to sew special diapers for him if he went above large size, but part of his issues include very very delayed growth so even now a Large diaper would fit him if he were still in them. Also the wahm behind Snap-ez is open to special customs for special needs kids. But I don't know how much they might charge. Have you looked into medicaide or insurance covering it? Really they are supposed to cover diapers if his medical needs cause him to need them. And I think a mom on here accomplished getting one to cover cloth for her kiddo.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 08:39 PM   #4
PamB4Bears
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have never heard of Mother of Eden???? I am not sure that the Fuzzibunz will be large enough for him, but I do know he would rip it off in a heart beat. I will have to check it out to see the size of it. He is 11 tall and thin, so MAYBE. I did look at those snap ez, but $30.. .I just can not afford that. PLus it would have to be altered with everything in the back because he has this thing of liking to urinate on the wall or his hand, even likes playing in feces YES I KNOW. . .it is a sensory thing and OMG have I tried everything and HE IS SO FAST about it too. I could tell you stories, but I do not want to gross people out. So basically it has to be KID PROOF.

I am not sure if my son's insurance is considered Medicaid, but I will definately check into that. He has a CMS case worker that scedules all his team meetings for his cronial facial disorders as well as his surgeries. . .sooooo I do not know but I will try to find out. .. but that would be SWEET!!!!!!!!

I did find a few WAHM's that were SUPER DUPER nice and 2 acting as if I was pulling their arm to do me a favor. Let's just say, as unpleasant as those 2 have been they won't get my business afterwards.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:56 PM   #5
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

You might just talk to Ruth about it (the WAHM of snap ez) she is very nice and I believe her youngest has special needs as well so she tends to be very sympathetic. The MOE may not work because they are pull on or have snaps on the side, so he might be able to take those off. I know they go up to a size 8 at least, maybe 10 I can't remember. Kearnan is so incredibly small for his age it wasn't something we had to think about much. Definately look into the insurance thing. Maybe the mama who got her kiddos dipes paid for will read this and post cause it would really help.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 08:57 AM   #6
PamB4Bears
Registered Users

My Mood:

Gosh that would be nice to know how she did it and who she had to speak to, but that is not my luck. . .everything with me, seems to go that I have to figure it all out BY MYSELF and then I hear about it. . .LOL That is ok though, but any help would be nice.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:01 AM   #7
thegreatone
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have a special needs son that will need diapers awhile too. I found keeping a onesie on him will keep him out of his diaper. I dont know if that will help your situation though. I have a pattern program that you can type in the child;s measurements and make onesies, diapers, ect for special needs. Let me know if I can be of any help.
thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 11:02 AM   #8
PamB4Bears
Registered Users

My Mood:

Well he is 11 and quite smart about things, so I have to be smarter than him. He would figure that onsie thing out in less than a few hours. .. trust me there. My husband and I have had to put his shorts on backwards at night, but if it works. . .it works. You just have to keep thinking ahead of them and sometimes you run into a brick wall. . .not knowing what to do next.
Old 06-07-2009, 01:41 PM   #9
TestifyToLove
Registered Users
seller

mom4times or mom2-4 is her name now has 5, baby Josiah was born in Nov. She got a grant to cover cloth diapers for her oldest.

Colleen of Royal Buns worked with us to get ds properly diapered, including re-tooling half of them over a specific complaint ds had.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:12 PM   #10
PamB4Bears
Registered Users

My Mood:

How do you go about getting a grant for cloth diapering your disabled child??? Is that offered through the state??? From what I hear most things are different state to state, how do I go about finding out. I am calling his health care worker tomorrow to see. But is there something else I am missing or somewhere I can look????

HELP!!!!!!!!!