Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-10-2009, 12:41 PM   #11
weintz8
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Does Anyone Know of a GOOD WAHM for my disabled son???

I am starting to make cloth diapers and have a 5 year old with the same kind of issues. If I figure out something that works I will let you know!

The Whamies have hooks on them that he couldn't get it off to save his life - and then he out grew them The only problem with them is that A LOT of people who worked with him couldn't get them off either!

Maybe you could get a WHAM to make a cover for his diapers that has the hooks like the whamies. That way you would only need 2 -3 so you could pay more for them. Sorry I can't be more help and I totallly feel your pain!

Advertisement

and Ian (born 6/5/14)
weintz8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:49 PM   #12
HMDocsLady
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What state are you in? I can ask my sister who is a social worker and family advocate researcher to ask around if anyone knows how to get you the help you need.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:46 PM   #13
mekat
Registered Users

I used to live in Florida and know of at least one person who was abled to get CMS to cover diapers. I never got that far in the process since we moved but they told me Florida Medicaid won't pay for diapers and you had to go through CMS. We solved our problem by moving to Alabama and getting the ped office to certify he was in a wheelchair. Sorry that is the best info I can give.
mekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 07:27 AM   #14
PamB4Bears
Registered Users

My Mood:

Awesome. . .I have not had a chance to call again, the first few times he was out, since then there was a death in the family, a seriously sick child, and a few other things that I am more than sure would be TMI. . .I am calling his CMS worker NOW. . .hopefully he will be available. I will let you guys know what they say. FINGERS and TOES CROSSED!!!!!!
PamB4Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 10:24 AM   #15
sololove
Registered Users

My Mood:

good thread thanks
sololove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 07:46 PM   #16
PamB4Bears
Registered Users

My Mood:

Me Kat I was told Friday by his new case worker that about 3 months ago the funding for diapers was no more. So, I called and got ahold of his old case worker and he said the same thing. There has been alot of budget cuts going on here due to them passing that Ammendment 1. . .now people are regretting they even voted for it.

Anyway, he has me on the list and he is supposed to check back with them next month. . .SOOOOO we shall see!!!!!!
Old 06-22-2009, 12:17 AM   #17
mekat
Registered Users

Sorry that really stinks. If you want to use disposables maybe try ebay. Or they do have youth, xs and small size prefolds & plastic pants which are pretty affordable in comparison. If you know of someone who sews, Kayla's cloth diapers sells a pattern that is available from newborn to adult sizes. The other option would be to try a special needs list or forum that receives really high volume of visiters and post your son's size to see if anyone has extras. Alabama medicaid pays for far more diapers then we could possibly need and as a result we have boxes of sposie diapers laying around. Alec is still in a size 6 diaper which your child is probably way to big for but their is bound to be someone with the same size out there with excessive supplies. Or you can always cross state lines but to be honest we may not be too far behind Florida. Alec's ped GI cautioned us to stockpile supplies because Medicaid might run out of money before the fiscal year end.
mekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:31 AM   #18
PamB4Bears
Registered Users

My Mood:

Ya, if your doctor is warning you. . .trust me TAKE THEIR ADVICE, because my doctor warned me that his insurance was possibly not going to accept the primary care physician we had for over 10 years. . .and BAM, within 3 months I was informed I had to find a new PCP. . .broke my heart because this doctor would make home visits when he was sick, he would call if we had not been in for 2 or 3 months. He was that kind of doctor your mom or Grandma would speak of(depending your age). So now, we have no real PCP because 1 we went to they had roaches all over the place and the people never washed their hands, it was so disgusting in there. Then the second one said how am I supposed to help a child that can not tell me his self what his problems are. . .GOOD BYE!!!!! I walked out of that office faster than I walked in. Then the 3rd one, the receptionist said the doctor requested me to look for another doctor because she did not feel she could be beneficial to a child like him, the fourth and fifth one, he would either A not get out of the car or B had a serious rage in the parking lot. . .soooooooo. .. here I am still looking and hoping CMS will allow us to pay out of our pocket to go to the original PCP and they just cover the rest, but I was told that they would possibly drop his insurance all together. . .so I am left beating my head not knowing where else to go or where to turn.

Anyway, we took the little guy to the beach yesterday, as it was his birthday last week and we were at a funeral, so I wanted to do something super special with him. . .he is a picture of that day. . .one of the best photos I have of him. . .GOD I LOVE THAT BOY. . .he has truly stollen my heart.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]