Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-01-2009, 10:00 PM   #11
twolittlebirds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: 3 in 2 years - am I crazy?

Thanks for the input! I've just recently become totally comfortable getting out on my own with the girls, so I'm sure a third would complicate things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEMQEMCABOOSE View Post
No many or multiples here yet but I would see how you feel once your twins get 8-11 months. For both my singletons, one of which was pretty good as an infant and one who was a dream, things sure changed for that period. Come 12 months, it was totally different and a ton of fun. Its like the pre-toddler time turned my kids into teething, clingy crazies temporarily.
Oh yeah, definitely. If they become holy terrors later this year all baby fever will be shut down for a good while.

Advertisement

Old 06-02-2009, 07:10 AM   #12
3MonkeysMomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have that...only the other way around. My ODS turned 2 6 weeks before his twin brothers were born. It was difficult in the beginning, but super nice now. I would think that it would be slightly easier with the older ones being the twins (unless you have another set!) since you are already used to juggling the demands of more than one.

However, we are waiting until the twins are past 2 to TTC #4 b/c now that I see my ODS as a 3 yr old I think that is an amazing age to get a new sibling. He is able to do so much for himelf and actually understands why we ask him to do certain things (i.e. talk quietly so you don't wake your brothers so we have more time to play together).
Old 06-02-2009, 01:27 PM   #13
5IrishBabes
Registered Users
Formerly: FeliciaM07
seller

Baby #3 was 26 mnths and baby #4 was 16 mnth when #5 was born and I love that they are all close together. I would hate to be totally out of baby stages and have another. Some days are more difficult than others but, you'll make it. =)
5IrishBabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 07:13 AM   #14
e-dub
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Another do-able but hard. I have a singleton that is 12 months older than my twins. Right now they are all about to have birthdays and will be 2 and 1. The first 4 months with all three was crazy hard, even with help. But now, it's routine, fun, and less often crazy.
Old 06-03-2009, 02:48 PM   #15
i&a's mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We're planning to have the next when the boys are 3. I want some more time with them. I thought I never would want another, but I think I was getting the hang of it.
Old 06-03-2009, 02:59 PM   #16
rowynne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My mom had 4 of us in 3 years. I was almost 2 when my sister was born and she was 15mos old (1 was 3) when my twin sisters were born. my mom said it was REALLY hard!

I think our hardest adjustment was going from 2 to 3. Our 2nd dd has a lot of behavioral issues, etc. (severe ADHD, ODD, Tourettes, Sensory processing) and had major surgery just weeks after #3 was born which was also the summer she got diagnosed and into treatment. So the first 7mos with DD#2 and a new baby was REALLY hard for us even though she was 4!
rowynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:19 AM   #17
Mamatoabunch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes you can do it! I had twins then our third 20 months later. It was challenging and awesome. We loved it. My twins were easy. They are such good friends now, as all of my children are.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:29 AM   #18
massbb2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When DS was about the age of your twins, we too contemplated our second child. It took us 2 years to conceive him due to a prior m/c and complications. We said we'd try when he turned 1 knowing it may take a while. We weren't being very careful as I didn't want to deal with birth control and getting off of it in a few months and wouldn't you know I was pg with DS #2 when my first was 9 months old. They're 18 months apart. It was crazy dealing with an 18 month old who was just getting his feet and not yet talking. I'd compare it to your twins only harder as they were on 2 completely different schedules. Of course, time went on and it got more manageable!

DD was born in January. The boys are 5 1/2 and 4(in a few weeks) and DD is 4 months old. It's actually easier this time around! I'd wait until they are 18 months before even thinking about another. Just my opinion. Wouldn't change a thing though!

Brenda
massbb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:35 PM   #19
christenjoy
Registered Users

For us, going from 1 to 3 was a really hard adjustment, and my oldest was 4 1/2 when the twins were born. My twins are 18 months right now, and are SO busy! They are into everything so I couldn't imagine trying to keep an eye on them while caring for a newborn, but if you have calm twins it might be manageable. Actually, you will survive anything, but who knows what you'll remember!
christenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote