Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-01-2009, 09:44 AM   #1
iggyloo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Anyone else having a crappy Mama day?

I am just tired, stressed and overwhelmed! UGH! I feel like a terrible mama today because whenever I am overwhelmed it tends to come out and I am more irritable and quick to snap. I HATE that. DD seems to be having an irritable morning as well. Fighting me on breakfast and picking up the mess she made. I feel bad because I yelled at her, when normally I can keep my cool and just continue to be consistent until she does what I am asking.

I also feel bad because she was finally eating her breakfast at 11:15 and was acting tired. I just put her in her crib and she is quiet. This is like 3 hrs early for a nap. I hope that it wasn't that she isn't feeling good this morning and my crappy mood blinded me from seeing that.

Ahhh, the neverending Mama guilt.

It's days like today that I feel like I ruin the big strides we have taken in trying to communicate and have a positive mama/child experience.

Advertisement

Momma to Lily Grace Ryan 10/22/07 and Avaya Kai 10/30/10 Expecting #3 11/5/2014
iggyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:05 AM   #2
kkrpata
Registered Users

Re: Anyone else having a crappy Mama day?

I'm having a bad mama day also. I don't want to totally get into it but just know you're not alone...
Old 06-01-2009, 11:06 AM   #3
KristieW
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

*raises hand*

I'd type more, but DD just woke up from her (15 minute) nap and is now trying to type over me. I really need some non-touching time, so we're going to find something else to do.
KristieW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:28 AM   #4
iggyloo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristieW View Post
*raises hand*

I'd type more, but DD just woke up from her (15 minute) nap and is now trying to type over me. I really need some non-touching time, so we're going to find something else to do.
I hear you. Some days it can be too much. We all need our space sometimes.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:35 AM   #5
sapphire6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My lo has been sick for 4 days now and we haven't gotten a decent night's sleep for the past 3. Yesterday was his birthday, today is his sister's. I need to get cake and ice cream but I'm so exhausted, I just want to crawl back into bed and sleep until tomorrow.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:04 PM   #6
mrsmac08
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Me! DS2 crawled in bed with me about 6. I got him a cup of milk which he drank pretty fast (I was/am so tired I was just trying to get a few more min. of sleep!) and while he was in bed snuggling, promptly threw it all up. On me. In my hair, on my neck, down the side of my tank top, underwear, Yuck! So, yep, crappy mama day here, too!

He's perfectly happy now so I'm not sure what it was!
Old 06-01-2009, 03:17 PM   #7
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Not today I'm not, though I have had several. The older two can't seem to include the youngest, the youngest wants to do nothing but everything she's not supposed to (and then scream when she doesn't get her way), and DH has been terribly grumpy and taking it out on everyone, which puts me on edge as well. I have done so much yelling the last couple of weeks I don't like myself. I have even had to call DH a couple of times by lunch and tell him to bring home chocolate, which I only do if it's really a bad day.
tallanvor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 03:32 PM   #8
Emmett's Mommy
Registered Users
seller

I'm right there with you mamas!

Well, not today, luckily. But yesterday and almost everyday last week. My son was really sick the week before and slept with us a lot and got a lot more holding and nursing done than he'd normally want. So now, whenever he gets a little tired, he has become much needier (following me around whining), and now wakes up a lot at night and then wants me to watch him fall asleep or either won't sleep until he is in our bed. Makes for one grumpy mama after the first week of this.
Now, the other children that come over, one is doing great, the other is either having bad teething pain issues so he's needy, or he's just getting spoiled and wants to be held most the time. OR, whenever you (or anyone!) leaves the room or the house, even if he doesn't know them, he throws a huge fit, for a long time, screaming and crying. It drives me batty! I can't go to the bathroom or even in the kitchen to fix their lunch without a screaming tantrum! I would like to string them up on a line outside sometimes lol...not really, but you know how it is! It will wear you down.
You are definitely NOT alone here mama!
Old 06-01-2009, 03:52 PM   #9
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:

Joining in!!!!

My 2.5 year old is just something lately. And today is one of the "those" days. Within 15 minutes he spilled water all over our desk then went in the kitchen and spilled water all over the floor and I slipped and fell flat on my back. [And people ask me why I usually only let him in the baby proofed living room! lol]

I'm so frustrated and have no idea what to do anymore. I have been uber consistent for months and months and months and months and nothing is working. He has knock down drag out lay myself flat tantrums. If we are out somewhere and he doesn't want to do something he just becomes dead weight and you all know how hard that is to pick up a 35 lb toddler with a 20 lb baby already strapped to you!
ughhh....Calgon take me away!
Old 06-01-2009, 06:10 PM   #10
iggyloo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for sharing mamas. It helps to just hear/read other mamas vent.

And ITA, this day only got worse. DD ripped my hair out while at the library, must have smacked me 15 times, refused to eat more than 3 bites at a time. UGHHHHH. Even when I tried to make the day better it just flat out SUCKED.