Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-22-2006, 11:16 AM   #11
kissum
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: PLEASE HELP ME!!!! I've completely lost it!

Maybe she does it for attention? It sounds like you've focused on it a lot, talked to her about it, worked on it, etc. so maybe you should just ignore it? Obviously, keep her clean and fed, but don't act like it's an issue and she may just quit. It could just be a control thing.
GL!

Advertisement

kissum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 11:25 AM   #12
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

i agree kids go thorugh this, my son was pt and talking fine until danae was born, so the new baby was the issue for us, he slowly went back on track, it was about 6 months until he repotty trained and is talking better again, goodluck and i agree do the fiber and see if it helps, you can ask your dr about the miralax, we get this for danae and the insurance pays for it
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 12:06 PM   #13
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

i had a friends whose son did this and it got bad, he has to be on a special diet that kinda rotates b/c what ends up happening is everything INSIDE gets stretched from their being so much poo compacted...then there's more room for it to (tmi here) "shape" too big so that it ends up extremely painful for them to go at all. it got so bad that the ped said if a pull up was more comfortable for him then do it. there were several times that neighbors would end up at her house to see if he was okay b/c he was screaming so bad from trying to poo (and she was in a housing area not an apt). i don't mean to scare you but it can get bad if you try to make her use the potty. she just may not be emotionally able to to that in the potty right now kwim? for whatever reason...who knows w/kids. my ds did it all in the potty too then suddenly didn't want to poo in it, he would hold it until night when i would put him in a pull up and go then, or he'd sneak a pull up and do it. then i got some cloth trainers for at night, after two nights in those he never did it again, just started pooing in the potty and all was fine.

so just and she'll do it again when she's ready.

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 12:12 PM   #14
beckers1111
Registered Users
seller

yeah, I heard that it can cause problems, and Im totally not pushing her to poop on the POTTY. she wont even go in a diaper or pull up or her underwear, she wont even put a diaper on unless its nighttime. she has little accidents, but its just a little poop in her underwear. she just holds it for a day or two until she HAS to go and at that point its a mad rush to the toilet.

thanks for all the help....what would I do without you guys! I feel a lot better now.

Old 12-22-2006, 01:07 PM   #15
FitMommyOf2
I wish I could turn the tide!
seller

My Mood:

mama,
no real advice here, but I still wanted to give you some hugs.
DD was PT'ed @ 20 months but when we moved to the US when she was 2.5 yrs old, she suddenly went back for a few wks. I know, this is common under those circumstances.. so I guess I'm really no help..
Old 12-29-2006, 10:46 AM   #16
beckers1111
Registered Users
seller

well we are trying the fiber thing we started off adding it a little at a time up to today.... so starting yesterday she had fruit with every meal and bran cereal for breakfast......

and NOW shes pooping EVERYWHERE!!! its not runny, like diarrhea, looser than normal, but OMG! I have cleaned poop off of carpet in 3 rooms today!

I HATE POTTY TRAINING!!!! I have seriously lost it!
Old 12-29-2006, 10:51 AM   #17
Shyla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: PLEASE HELP ME!!!! I've completely lost it!-UPDATED IN POST 16

its okay it will get better. I dont think the fiber was the problem. Some children have a fear of pooping it actually is common. Just continue to reasure her that it is okay. It will get better. My ds(3) had simular problems and is now going potty in the potty seat all by himself no more cleaning poop off the floor for me (well at least for a few more years) I know it is hard and frustrating but it will pass
ISO GMS & Wool:
Shyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 11:04 AM   #18
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

im glad she isnt holding it in anylonger, fiber is good, sorry your cleaning poop off the floors, you might need to now start asking again or just take her to the pot and sit her down and tell her to go poop.
is she afraid of the flushing toilet sound? that was the biggest thing in our home, my son would freak out, now he's better but it was crazy at the time, goodluck mama
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 11:44 AM   #19
beckers1111
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Fantasy_Fox View Post
im glad she isnt holding it in anylonger, fiber is good, sorry your cleaning poop off the floors, you might need to now start asking again or just take her to the pot and sit her down and tell her to go poop.
is she afraid of the flushing toilet sound? that was the biggest thing in our home, my son would freak out, now he's better but it was crazy at the time, goodluck mama
thanks mama.....no she actually likes to flush the toilet
Old 12-29-2006, 01:07 PM   #20
sienna
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahisma View Post

We also stopped talking about it all together. No pressure, good or bad. Poop was poop, and it should be done in the toilet...but we didn't encourage her to go really...just did the normal stuff.

Eventually, it stopped being a "thing".
vibes:
Ds did this with pee. It was frustrating. He did it for about 6 months (had alot of accidents after being totally trained.) It was suggested to me that after learning to potty kids become less focused on it and that causes alot of accidents. So i just had to wait it out.

We just were neutral about it.

"Oh. Your pants are wet. Let's go pee. Now lets go to the laundry room and put the wet pants in the wash and go get dry pants. Remember pee goes in the potty. Okay? **smile**" rinse and repeat repeat repeat.

It is a gift to her to communicate to her that it is her body and you respect that and when she is ready she can use the potty. Or perhaps she would like to have a diaper to poop in? (Be neutral and not punitive about this.) Communicate respect for her choices over HER body. And use lots of "when you are ready to poop on the potty, you can just tell me!" encouragement.

S
sienna is offline   Reply With Quote