Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-29-2006, 01:10 PM   #21
sienna
Registered Users

Re: PLEASE HELP ME!!!! I've completely lost it!-UPDATED IN POST 16

Some kids are fearful of it because to them it (poop) is a part of them and it is lost forever...and they don't understand the toilet flushing isn't going to take them with them and/or all sorts of other phobias...

(Another reason to be respectful about it....)

S

Advertisement

sienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 01:12 PM   #22
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

she may just not be ready to go poop in the potty yet. that comes later for some kids. as awful as it sounds her days of pooping in a diaper/pull up/trainer may not be done yet. let her know it's ok to poop in one of those and she may let you know when she needs one then at least it won't be on your floor!!!

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 01:31 PM   #23
Malka
Registered Users
seller
seller

Younger ds and younger dd have problems with chronic constipation. Ds really doesn't have any control over his stools when he gets constipated. He can go 4 or more times in a day, including in his underwear at kindergarten, until he finally has a big poop. For about two years, I was changing poopy underwear almost every day, and have cleaned poop off the couch and carpet too many times to count. Dd surprisingly only seems to have control when she is constipated, but its making her bleed when she goes, so that's not an option. Both of them have been on miralax. Ds is off miralax because he drinks a juice box of Juice+Fibre every day. If he misses a day, he gets constipated again. Dd is on miralax currently because she just doesn't eat well consistently enough for me to give her extra fiber in her food or drink enough of the juice boxes.
Malka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 02:43 PM   #24
SandyG
Moderator at heart, but no longer moderator
The best way I know of to win an argument is to start by being in the right
seller

sorry i go tno clue
SandyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 02:44 PM   #25
A'smommy
Registered Users

Just a thought (and my DD is not PL'ing yet so take with a grain of salt)----water makes a big difference in BMs. The body will pull water out of the large intestine if it's not getting enough water from the diet, and this will cause constiptation (cause then the poop gets hard and dry).

It might help to get 'em drinking more water and taking less fiber/laxative stuff....might help your carpet and your sanity anyway.

mama. I have been cleaning up after a sick cat all day so I feel your pain!

GL!
Old 12-29-2006, 04:07 PM   #26
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

Have you talked to your Ped about this? It sounds like she is having some constipation issues, hence the reason she has little bits of poop here and there. Her body wants to let it go, but because she is scared of the pain, she won't let it come out.

Ask your Ped for something called Miralax and increase her water. No juice! Just water and some milk. That, combined with the Miralax, should help her. A lot of kids have this issue, so don't get too upset. She may just not be ready yet
tararaboomdeea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 04:46 PM   #27
beckers1111
Registered Users
seller

thanks for all the support. I am going to keep with the fiber and see if she can start to control it. maybe it just shocked her that she wasnt able to hold it anymore....and she will see that it doesnt hurt to poop. thanks and hugs
Old 12-30-2006, 04:07 AM   #28
DiapeyMom
Registered Users
seller

We have the book "Everybody Poops". My dd loves it. Maybe it will help? Also, I would do the pull-ups until she's out of this phase and just back off the subject. That's what I'm doing right now. My dd was pl'd and for the past 4 months has changed her mind about it. She just doesn't want to do it anymore. I tried cloth trainers, but the pee just came out of them--so pull-ups for now. Good luck!!
Old 01-01-2007, 12:15 AM   #29
Jenrose
Registered Users

I had a issue once with dd1 not pooping for weeks after a poop caused a little fissure and she was afraid it would hurt... we ended up having to do supositories and making her sit on the potty until it came out, but she was old enough to have it explained that if she didn't poop every day or two she'd have to do suppositories which she hated.

With "hiding"... I have one rule around pottying... either you do your business in the potty or you wear diapers. There's no middle road.... an accident means a diaper for the rest of the day. DD1 potty trained almost instantly because she seriously wanted to be naked. Shiny does a lot of her stuff on the potty, doesn't care about being naked and wears diapers all the time because I just don't deal with poopy pants or pee on the floor. Shiny will switch to panties when she is doing her business in the potty all the time, not before. We might do pullups, but they will be waterproof.

My dd1 day trained almost instantly but we did have to use Wetstop to get her to stop wetting at night. Wish I'd done that years earlier. She just slept soundly... didn't want to bother getting up... even at age 11... I didn't consider it an "issue" until she hit 12, we got wetstop, it worked within a few weeks. I wet until puberty too, as did many in my family, so there is a genetic component.
Jenrose is offline   Reply With Quote