Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-13-2009, 01:48 PM   #11
ladybugg423
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Moving To Texas- Houston Area

Hi!
Even though it's a pain in the behind to move again and again, I kind of wish we would have stayed in an apartment on a six month lease just to get to know the area before choosing our final destination. We would have chosen something different based on the friendships we ended up forming. Also, Harris county has outrageous property taxes IMO, so if you do end up looking at home buying, I would take that into consideration. We live in Spring/ Klein. We love our house, and the neighborhood is wonderful. We feel we got a great deal in our home except the property taxes and being so far from friends. The job that we were close to (and helped us to choose our area of town) ended up downsizing later on in the year at the same time every other company started having major unemployment issues. Next time we won't be choosing our home based on commute because in this economy, you just never know if the job is going to stick.
Sharing some of our experience in moving to Houston less than a year ago,
Heather

Advertisement

Old 08-13-2009, 08:17 PM   #12
heavenlyblessedmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Moving To Texas- Houston Area

Hello again everyone! Thank you all for your advice as it's all very helpful! We have officially set a moving date, we ended up kicking back from August to September, and we'll be living Indiana on September 14, and arriving September 15. My family will be staying in Webster with a childhood friend of mine while my husband finds and job and we get on our feet down there. I'm really excited, but it's a big move and we have LOTS to do! I also recently learned that I am pregnant with our third child, I'm about 7 weeks along and dealing with a bit of morning sickness, that will undoubtedly throw in a twist I hadn't anticipated, lol. We'll be down there before too long though, would love the chance to maybe meet up with some of you once we get settled!
Teresa, Married To My High School Sweetheart, Dustin, Since May 30, 2007. Mother To Philip Kael, Born February 12, 2008, Marshall Conner, Born February 12, 2009, Hunter Andrew, Born March 7, 2010, Warrick Devlin, Born February 7, 2012, & Elizabeth Lorelei born May 27, 2013
heavenlyblessedmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:53 PM   #13
starlight
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Moving To Texas- Houston Area *Update On Page 2*

Hi Teresa and congrats on baby #3. Houston is a great place to live but is quite big. We live in the Bellaire area and really love it. We are so close to the Zoo, Childrens' museum ... GL on your move and let us know when you get here and we can for sure get together.
Old 09-19-2009, 06:07 PM   #14
mhschool6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hello there!! We just moved to Houston from TN in April! We are renting a house in Katy area. You can get a lot of house for a good price. Our subdivision is sooo nice. And most have walking trails or sidewalks, and community centers with playgrounds and pools. (they dont have these in TN, lol) Anyway, Houston is big, but we are liking it! Good luck getting settled in!!
mhschool6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:25 PM   #15
amygamie
Registered Users

My Mood:

Last edited by amygamie; 01-28-2011 at 01:40 PM. Reason: stalked
amygamie is offline   Reply With Quote