Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-08-2009, 12:38 PM   #11
rosefall
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: So I guess you've never seen a baby before..ever...

We are frequently asked if he's a boy while he's dressed in all blue.

I've also had several grandma-aged women ask if he was talking yet, starting when he was about 4 months old. I am amazed by how many times I've gotten that question.

Advertisement

Old 06-08-2009, 12:42 PM   #12
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by colj17 View Post
I ALWAYS get the "are they twins?' question. I understand now because they are older and a boy and a girl..but when they were infants in a double snap and go with matching blankets? I always wanted to say "no..they are 6 mons apart" and let them the think about that as i made my get away. hehe
This reminds me..my friend and I were at the park a couple weeks ago. Her DD is 6 weeks older than mine. Now..granted they are both baldies and do look similar so we get the are they twins thing ALL THE TIME. No big deal right? Well my friend ran to her car so I was with the "twins" by myself on the blanket. This lady comes up with her kids and asks if they were twins and the normal response.."No, she's 6 weeks older than her" and then the lady goes "so they aren't sisters..right?" Yes they are..didn't you know the gestation for a human is only 6 weeks?
Old 06-08-2009, 01:25 PM   #13
I_am_Blessed
Registered Users
Formerly: Beth's_Mommy
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdodge View Post
OK- so here is my story. 1 week after my c/s, I went to K-Mart with my mom b/c it was going to be our foster daughter's birthday and we needed to get her some gifts. So, I was holding my 1 WEEK OLD and a man behind me in line made the comment, wow just a little guy and you are already pregnant again Are you kidding me? My stomach was swollen from the section. That was about the most ridiculous thing ever.

I had the exact same thing happen to me when dd was 2 weeks old. I had her in the buggy in her carrier and someone asked when I was due with my next baby. Looking back I laugh, but at the time I wanted to run away and cry.

Also, I tried to dress DD on all pink, to avoid gender questions... but I lost count of how many people stopped and asked if she was a boy or girl. (One that stood out was when I was shopping with her. She was in a pink romper, had earrings, and was in her pink stroller and a man came up and looked at her and said, "Cute baby, is it a boy or a girl?"

Mama to 3, soon-to-be-4

Last edited by I_am_Blessed; 06-08-2009 at 01:28 PM.
I_am_Blessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 01:32 PM   #14
wild fire child
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I took DS to the hospital when he was like 7 days old, and one nurse kept saying 'she'...I corrected her each time, she knew his name, he was all in blue, and she kept it up after seeing him naked! She also would not talk to me, she talked only to my mom, though she knew I was the mom (I was 19 but looked older).
wild fire child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 01:41 PM   #15
joy7s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

this didn't happen to me.. but a friend lost their baby at her due date.. they ended up in Home depot. Anyhow somehow in the conversation. The guy said "in times like these you should get a cat" a CAT to replace ababy you lost?? Some people!!
Spring Joy Jesus following,cding, extended bfing,tandem nursing (again!) , homeschooling, mama milk donating, semi crunchy and green mama. Unemployed ped RN married to my one and only n asl Terp since 2/16/00
my three princesses: a (6/26/04) s (9/15/06) and Z (8/5/08)
and little man Z (11/12/10)
joy7s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 02:05 PM   #16
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We were at an all you can eat chinese restaurant when The Kid was about a year old. I got up to refill my plate and The Hubby stayed with him in the high chair. There was a Hispanic man cleaning up the tables nearby and he asked The Hubby in spanish:he looks chinese, is he yours? The Hubby said: no, he's not chinese and yes he's mine. The guy took one look at The Kid again and said: he looks chinese..

FTR The Kid is the spitting image of his father even at that age. And the guy had seen me before I got up and after I sat down.
Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
sourpatch_babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 02:25 PM   #17
Liddle1
Registered Users
Formerly: tummy mommy

you would be surprised how many times we were asked if ds needed a highchair from the time he was 2 to 4 months old hehe
Old 06-08-2009, 03:09 PM   #18
jackyl08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I was at Target with DD when she was 3wks old. She was in all pink, in a very pink, flowery car seat covered in pink blankets. One of the cashiers asked me if she was a boy or a girl. If I had been on my toes, I would have calmly responded, "she's a boy". Duh.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:17 PM   #19
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tummy mommy View Post
you would be surprised how many times we were asked if ds needed a highchair from the time he was 2 to 4 months old hehe
I'm loving these! They remind me of more of mine! I can so relate to this one! DD would be tiny in her car seat and they asked if we needed a high chair lol I thought maybe they couldn't see how small she was. But also if we needed a high chair why would we lug in the bulky car seat
Old 06-08-2009, 04:09 PM   #20
thegreatone
Registered Users

My Mood:

I got it all the time. Everyone would comment on my beautiful little girl (my DS dressed in a blue onesie...but he had beautiful curly hair) and what a handsome boy (my daughter in purple sucking a pink paci but bald)
thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote