Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-08-2009, 04:20 PM   #21
Dahlea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: So I guess you've never seen a baby before..ever...

LOL, people were always offering ours a high chair way before he could have used one-he is a huge kid, but still. People are silly.

Advertisement

Mama to Zanthias (10/13) and wife to Drew, love of my life I offer snap services (including converting BGs and similar to snaps)! I sell Longaberger baskets! Join SB to earn giftcards! Due 8/10 with a surprise!
Dahlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 04:20 PM   #22
WhatWasIThinking
Registered Users

My Mood:

Well I get asked ALOT if my girls are twins and they are 4 years apart..LOL!
Once an older man was saying how he liked how DS was dressed in blue and made the statement that putting boys in pink or yellow makes them gay. uh, yeah.
WhatWasIThinking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 04:45 PM   #23
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

TBH, if you take a restaurant high chair (the regular kind not the fancy smancy) and flip it upside down it's the right size to put an infant carseat on and keep your baby seat up high and more secure than in a regular chair. maybe that's what the restaurant people meant.
Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
sourpatch_babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 05:20 PM   #24
Liddle1
Registered Users
Formerly: tummy mommy

we never brought a car seat, we have a convertible seat that stays in the car we did have the car seat when he was tiny but they never asked then
Old 06-08-2009, 06:43 PM   #25
MW69842
Banned/ Member requested
formerly equivocal
seller

My Mood:

Some people have no concept of age and that's especially true, if they have no children themselves.

My partner's co-worker is expecting her first child in November and she has NO experience with children at all. DP was telling her about some things that DD was starting to do/learning and she kept asking "Is she delayed, shouldn't she have been doing that before she was a year old?"

To give more information - DP was telling her about how DD has learned a lot of her colors and now knows how to count to 10 and is starting to learn letters.

... Oh, and when DD was 2.5 months old, we took her to the hospital, because she wasn't breathing properly (she had croup and an URI) and that's where the Pediatrician said to go. Anyway, once we got there... the doctor kept referring to DD as a "he." REPEATEDLY. I corrected him every single time. I kept saying "HER name is MAKENNA MAE." He'd say "Oh, OK." Then, say "HE" again or "HIM/HIS."

I even asked if he was looking at the right file, because my child is a FEMALE and he was clearly trying to treat a MALE. So annoying.

Last edited by MW69842; 06-08-2009 at 06:49 PM.
MW69842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 07:54 PM   #26
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourpatch_babe View Post
TBH, if you take a restaurant high chair (the regular kind not the fancy smancy) and flip it upside down it's the right size to put an infant carseat on and keep your baby seat up high and more secure than in a regular chair. maybe that's what the restaurant people meant.
I would have thought this too..except at the restaurant we were at they have those slings that you sit the car seat in. So they were just stupid
Old 06-08-2009, 08:56 PM   #27
nethridge
Registered Users
seller

That's when you KNOW those people don't have kids.

When DS was 2 months old, asleep in his carseat, we took him into a restaurant for a quick bite to eat and the waitress actually GAVE US SILVERWARE FOR HIM. haha. She was a young college girl, I just smiled. They will figure it all out when they have kids lol.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:42 PM   #28
amphibology29
Registered Users
seller

We went out to eat once when DD was just a few weeks old and the waiter asked if we wanted a high chair for her. Then brought her a kid's menu and asked what we wanted for her drink.

People constantly call DS a girl because he has long hair, which I think is ridiculous. He looks 100% boyish in his face and he wears clothes that are obviously boy's clothing.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:02 PM   #29
spurk5532
Registered Users

We took ds to a restaurant when he was 3 months old and we were asked if he wanted crayons and they brought him the kids menu and a glass of water. Dh and I laughed it off and saved the crayons and menu as a keepsake.

Also my sister had our kids on the exact same day and she had twins. Her boys are half hispanic and have lots of dark hair and dark skin where as my son is super white and a complete baldy and we get asked if they are triplets whenever we go out. I want to say seriously look a little closer. Granted they are the same age but look nothing alike. Most of the time we just tell them the amazing story about how they are cousins all born on the same day.

Last edited by spurk5532; 06-08-2009 at 10:03 PM.
spurk5532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:07 PM   #30
JAMmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by colj17 View Post
I ALWAYS get the "are they twins?' question. I understand now because they are older and a boy and a girl..but when they were infants in a double snap and go with matching blankets? I always wanted to say "no..they are 6 mons apart" and let them the think about that as i made my get away. hehe
I've had that asked out my 4 and 2 year olds??? they are 12 inches different in height and very very different looking

Check us out on Facebook
JAMmama is offline   Reply With Quote