Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-10-2009, 08:54 AM   #1
donuts4me
Registered Users

My Mood:
Smile HELPP, HELPPP! I want to start CD again, but have hubby challenges!!

I want to start using cloth again. My ds is 1 yr but I have a son who is now almost 5 and I used them on him when he was 16 months until he got a peepee infection 6 months later. I had to stop. I am not sure if I had to use disposables again, but I didn't know what else to do in a hurry. Now that I don't change ds as much as a little little one, I want to use them.

This is our third and final child. I want to use something cost effective. I also don't want to spend a ton of money if something is going to happen again like my other ds. Any suggestions on where to start and what to start with?? I used Fuzzi Bunz on my ds. I am not sure what else has hit the market. Now mind you, my dh is not as into cloth as I am. If he knows it will save money, great. But he's not an earth saver. He doesn't like chemicals in the house and such. He's 1/2 and 1/2 on the let's save the earth deal. So at this moment, I want to save money and be practical. HELP!!!!

Karen
DD 7 1/2 yrs
DS 4 1/2 yrs
DS 13 months

Advertisement

donuts4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:54 AM   #2
ckck
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: HELPP, HELPPP! I want to start CD again, but have hubby challenges!!

I'd recommend using bumgenious pockets stuffed with gmd yellow edge pf's. Very simple for daddy to use and very easy to clean.

An eye for an eye will only make the whole world blind.
― Mahatma Gandhi
ckck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:15 AM   #3
britsuz90
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Was ds's infection yeast? Was he circumcized? Ods gets yeast infections around his foreskin and he just has plain sensitive skin. I have to make sure I dry the tip of his penis after a wet diaper and after baths or it will flare. I just use pfs most of the time and change him often to keep him dry. I do love FB, they just weren't working for us. You can pick them up cheap used here.

I have some BG Organics and Urban Fluff OS for when dh is changing. That way we dont have to have separate ones for yds.
britsuz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:31 PM   #4
snappysara
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah my DH sounds like yours.
I vote for BumGenius also, or I have a brand called Baby Kangas. They are also pocket diapers, one size and they have snaps instead of velcro/applix for the enclosure. They are real good too.
snappysara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 01:41 PM   #5
Badonkadonk Knits
Registered Users
Formerly: mikeandtiff
seller

If you are into pockets I'd search for good deals on FSOT. For any diapers, I'd search their actually. I'd try to sell your hubby on the fact that you can use them and then resell them too to recoup so of the cost (that works for my DH). Really, the least expensive route is some good prefolds, like little lions or GMD. A couple to a few covers, and you will be good to go. You could do inexpensive ones like Prowraps, which many people like. Bummis is another inexpensive cover. Make sure the pfs are snappiable so DH isn't intimidated if you go that route!!