Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-17-2010, 11:13 PM   #11
thepinkdragon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Temple/Belton/Killeen

Hi! We are military and we'll be PCS'ing to Ft.Hood this fall, I hope to meet some of you when we get there. We aren't sure where we will live yet, but we know it won't be on post. We are planning to buy a house maybe in Harker Heights, not sure. If anyone has any input about what areas to avoid it would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement

thepinkdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 11:25 PM   #12
army_princess
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Welcome nicky! I am not familiar with that area, housing wise. My friend bought a home out past cove(other side of fort hood) it is in a nice new community, they are building a new elementary and she got a great deal on her new home, she has 5 kids, and I still think what she paid was great.

Also rereading the posts on here....I went into gaia's garden and was told that they will no longer be selling cloth diapers. I guess they do not get many people in to buy and people would order and not pay for the diapers.
army_princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:45 PM   #13
Bella'sMommy09
Registered Users

Killeen here!!! I work on base at the PEDS clinic though... I have a almost 8 mo old lil girl and we JUST started using gDiapers... does Gaia's offer these?
Bella'sMommy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:12 PM   #14
army_princess
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't think they do. They had a SMALL stash of diapers when I went to check, mostly a ton of a few kinds. None I recognized. They told me they would no longer be selling them either. So once they are all gone, they are all gone.

Other than my self, I and heard of several mamas out this way making them though.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:51 PM   #15
Bella'sMommy09
Registered Users

Im not crafty at all lol we use G's and HEB sells them in the 2 packs for 24.99.... even cheaper than the gStore!
Bella'sMommy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 08:48 PM   #16
mom2shawn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Does Gaia's have a website for their remaining inventory? I'm south of Killeen/Cove and looking for trainers.
mom2shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:29 PM   #17
army_princess
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Gaia's garden is holding a cloth diaper class and swap(new and used so bring your small diapers!!!!) AUGUST 27th at 6pm!!!!

no they do not have a website with inventory as far as I know. I have tried looking them up before and I believe it was just an ad type thing and not an actual web page. But come to the swap! I just found out about it last night!
Old 08-28-2010, 02:26 AM   #18
Aine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

AHA! I wish I had thought to come on DS before the class! I'm the one who was facilitating it

Gaia's Garden is on FaceBook here. So far, they don't have a sales website, but you can always message them on FB and ask what they have and whether they'll ship it. I can tell you for sure that they have Kissaluvs fitteds, Happy Heinys, Diaperaps print PUL covers, and Stacinator So Simple and Fleece covers, off the top of my head. Sadly, they are not going to carry cloth diapers anymore, so when their stock is gone, it's gone!

Gaia's is run by a homebirth midwife (a dear friend of mine)--they rent Medela breastpumps and sell lots of natural/wellness items. They hold lots of classes--including Tribal Bellydance and yoga. I am also a henna artist and Gaia's allows me workroom there. If you are on the natural/crunchy/AP spectrum at all, you should definitely make a trip to Copperas Cove and visit!

We will probably have another cloth diaper class/swap in the near-future, as there was a good deal of interest!

I am that radical hippie you've been warned about... Mama to FIVE awesome freethinkers.

Last edited by Aine; 08-28-2010 at 02:27 AM.
Aine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:57 PM   #19
ravenwulf
Registered Users

I didn't know Gaia's had cloth! Why didn't I know this? Now I'll have to see what $$ we can save up- TG I still have supply from baby #2 for this one (coming Oct 2010).

It was a very sad day when the Target in Harker Heights stopped carrying the Bum Genius line in store :0(

Oh yeah, I'm in Killeen, just outside Kouma and Liberty Villages.
ravenwulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 12:21 AM   #20
army_princess
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

they don't have a huge supply and they will not be ordering more diapers. so you can go check what they have and budget for when you do go buy.

I know the LLL of killeen might be doing a cloth diaper swap here soon and I think the central texas birth circle might be planning to do a meet up and possible swap also.

Not sure on dates since they are both still in planning stages.