Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-28-2006, 05:27 PM   #11
blessed with boys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: UGH! Thrush, for 5 months?

I'm right there with you....I am going to try the gse again. My doc wont prescribe diflucan since I'm pregnant too.
My nips hurt sooo bad, everything hurts!... even just wearing a shirt. I'm to the point of wanting to wean my ds thats 18 months.
If I weaned him would the thrush go away before the "new" baby's born?

Advertisement

blessed with boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 05:28 PM   #12
trashley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thrush doesn't go away with weaning
Old 12-28-2006, 05:55 PM   #13
birthfree
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm in this 4m myself... what a pain! For the record, even 2w on diflucan didn't do anything at all - right now I'm just living with it... nothing has worked for us either (even grapeseed extract) so I'm just kind of living with it. I keep hoping it'll clear on it's own. A weak wish I think.
birthfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 09:15 PM   #14
blessed with boys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ugh, Julie dont tell me that! I'm hoping to find something that will work for me. Ds doesnt appear to have it, can I have it without him showing signs?
blessed with boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 10:45 PM   #15
www.ClothDecisions.com
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trashley View Post
What dosage did you get for the diflucan?
200mg and I start with a 400mg dose the first day and go to just 1-200mg pill for days 2, 3 and 4. I am not gonna take it anymore. I feel like I'm just putting the pharmacists kids through college with all the flippin co-pays! I-carumba! DD is so gentle when I tell her, "it hurts momma" I stick it out just for her. She is now all cleared up and I seem to be the only one with the issue. There is now NO SUGAR or sugary foods in our house that doesn't have lock and key for it We'll see how the GSE works out for me, getting it while grocery shopping Saturday.
www.ClothDecisions.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 11:35 PM   #16
birthfree
Registered Users

My Mood:

You know my son doesn't show signs either... but the lactation consultant (who I swear we should have on speed dial :rolling my eyes: ) said that if you have it, even if you can't see anything with them, they have to have it too. It's darned easy to pass back and forth so I agree with her.

It's hard because if your pH balance in your gut is off, it won't help to do that other stuff... but even when I tried to balance mine (via a naturopath) it didn't do much. I tend to get thrush after childbirth (like 4+w after) because of the hormonal shift that just kind of throws my body for a loop. I think that's why I have that "oh heck, nothing's going to work anyways" mindset. It's certainly not like that for everyone!

A friend of mine who had thrush a year or so ago said it's the most painful thing she'd ever been through (she who had a natural childbirth) so you know that when babies cry about it or don't want to eat, there's a reason.

However my DS doesn't seem to show a single uncomfortable sign with this thrush... and if I remember right neither did my other boys. Ugh! (Well it's a good thing, but if you knew the weeks we've dealt with thrush - bah!).

Are you boiling or otherwise steralizing any pump parts, pacifiers, bottles, your bras, etc.? I know vinegar is my lifelong friend for this reason alone.
birthfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 12:46 AM   #17
www.ClothDecisions.com
Banned
seller

My Mood:
Unhappy Re: UGH! Thrush, for 5 months?

OMG!! I feel so awful!!!!!! It NEVER dawned on me to sterilize MY BRAS! Paci's - yes, bottles - yes, don't use the pump anymore so - no. But, I wear a bra a few days during a treatment and...geesh, it's all my fault. I can't quite the sugar, not all of it anyway. Don't want to pay for co-pays anymore and don't even think of the laundry Damn, am I doing this to myself? Why didn't the pedi say any of this? Isn't he obligated to? Every day I get worse and worse and there doesn't seem to be an end in sight. Now I just cry over it, A LOT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by birthfree View Post
You know my son doesn't show signs either... but the lactation consultant (who I swear we should have on speed dial :rolling my eyes: ) said that if you have it, even if you can't see anything with them, they have to have it too. It's darned easy to pass back and forth so I agree with her.

It's hard because if your pH balance in your gut is off, it won't help to do that other stuff... but even when I tried to balance mine (via a naturopath) it didn't do much. I tend to get thrush after childbirth (like 4+w after) because of the hormonal shift that just kind of throws my body for a loop. I think that's why I have that "oh heck, nothing's going to work anyways" mindset. It's certainly not like that for everyone!

A friend of mine who had thrush a year or so ago said it's the most painful thing she'd ever been through (she who had a natural childbirth) so you know that when babies cry about it or don't want to eat, there's a reason.

However my DS doesn't seem to show a single uncomfortable sign with this thrush... and if I remember right neither did my other boys. Ugh! (Well it's a good thing, but if you knew the weeks we've dealt with thrush - bah!).

Are you boiling or otherwise steralizing any pump parts, pacifiers, bottles, your bras, etc.? I know vinegar is my lifelong friend for this reason alone.
www.ClothDecisions.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 01:53 AM   #18
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

I hope you feel better soon
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 06:57 AM   #19
trashley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Dr. Newman's protocol states that to effectively treat candida you must continue the diflucan for AT LEAST 2 weeks. If you're not doing that then you could possibly only be half treating the yeast and then it will always come back.

I battled this for 4 months and it just arrived again, I'm sorry you have to deal with this.

400mg starter dose of diflucan, and 200mg for 2 weeks after that. sterilize everything (bottles, paci's, bras, bed sheets, anything that could POSSIBLY have gotten breastmilk on it), eliminate sugar and yeast foods from your diet (like bread), take the grapefruit seed extract 3 times a day during your diflucan treatment, and follow every feeding with all purpose nipple ointment. During the last 4 days of my diflucan, I did one last gentian violet to make sure DD didn't have it and then add pro-biotics to your daily diet.

Pain in the ***? yep....but I fought too hard to breastfeed and I'm not going to let thrush ruin it for me.
Old 12-29-2006, 07:53 AM   #20
mama2cntrykids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trashley View Post
thrush doesn't go away with weaning
Nope, it doesn't. I've done acidophilous (sp?), vitamin B, a prescription compound that my LC rec and my dr prescribed, GSE-on nipples and swab dd's mouth make sure to dilute it with distilled water about 15 drops gse to 4 oz. distilled water.

Oh mama, I know how aweful this is. DD and I had it for the first few months of her life and it was VERY, VERY painful
Wife to an adoring man. Homeschooling mama to: A sweet girly newbie (6/2011). We co-sleep, bf and babywear~Mama to 2 boys (12/00 & 2/03) & one pretty girl (5/06). Step mom to a new Army recruit. Leaving for training summer 2013.
mama2cntrykids is offline   Reply With Quote