Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-18-2009, 09:34 AM   #1
carrie04112
Banned

My Mood:
Who else loves VBS week!!??

This is the best week ever!! All my kids are at VBS for the week so they are gone and outta my hair all day!! All for the low price of $10 per kid and that includes a t-shirt/lunch/snack everyday/craft.

In the past I have volunteered to help at the camp but DH and I decided it would be nice to get some work done around the house that has been put off (painting/landscaping/etc) so I did not volunteer but did take a lot of supplies they asked for. If only DH realized I have been sitting on my butt drinking diet coke all morning and watching talk shows!!

And...the best part..I may or may not have signed my kids up for 2 other camps. I get 2 other weeks of this bliss!!!! If I could find a third without a conflicting date I would probably do that one too! The other two we signed up for are the grandparents church's so they will know a lot of kids there already.

Advertisement

carrie04112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:50 AM   #2
debdebdebby13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Who else loves VBS week!!??

All day VBS? That's crazy. The longest VBS's around here are 2-3 hours, sometimes in the morning sometimes in the early evenings. I bet it's nice!
Old 06-18-2009, 10:05 AM   #3
carrie04112
Banned

My Mood:

The one they are at this week is 10:30-3:30. So not all day but a good hunk of it!

I think one of the ones they are going to later is in the evening..from 5-8 or something like that and they will get dinner there.
carrie04112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:11 PM   #4
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Our church in Alaska did an all day VBS -- 9am-3pm and I always taught. LOVED it. We just moved about a month and a half ago, so while we have found a church we want to join, we are not yet members and so I can't teach. it feels so weird to be dropping the older two off and coming home with one. They've never been to VBS without me working/teaching it.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote