Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-17-2009, 09:00 AM   #1
Sweetpea985
Registered Users

My Mood:
2 kids already expecting #3 in oct... what do i need?

today i got the feeling that i need to start making a list of what we need for when the baby is born... i know CDs are at the top of that list... but other then that i just dont know... i have a boy and a girl (this ones a suprise!)... i just dont know where to start! can you mommys of more then 1 or 2 help me!?

Advertisement

Old 06-17-2009, 09:03 AM   #2
missydawn
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: 2 kids already expecting #3 in oct... what do i need?

I would make sure you buy a baby carrier to wear the baby in. That was a lifesaver with my third child. It is always hard when you only have two hands and three kids. I used my at the store walking from to car to anywhere, just that way I could keep a hand on everyone.
missydawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 09:04 AM   #3
squintz22
Registered Users

My Mood:

The biggest things I needed with #3 and beyond were safe places to set him while I helped the older kids...The PnP was set up in the living room for a bit so I could pee and not worry about him. He loved his swing when he was still in it. (Mine all hated the bumbo so we got rid of that...their thighs were so fat I couldn't squash them down in!) We had an exersaucer for the girls and a jumperoo for the boys - they loved those.

But I also needed a carrier way more with the littles than the bigs. I just don't have enough hands!
#1 - 5/27/02
#2 - 9/29/03
#3 - 7/21/06
#4 - Leap Day 2008
squintz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 09:33 AM   #4
Sweetpea985
Registered Users

My Mood:

the sling is on my list already... i have a jumper and i believe i have an excersuser coming my way i also have a bumbo and a PnP and a bouncy seat and travle swing....
Old 06-17-2009, 12:09 PM   #5
blondeviolin
Registered Users
seller
seller

You sound just like me! We have one of each and are due with #3 next month. We also are having a surprise.

BUT, my kids are young enough that I have all the leftover paraphenalia from them. We're not even setting up the crib until we see if this baby will actually sleep alone. Abby didn't EVER use the crib, Emmett did.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:24 PM   #6
Sweetpea985
Registered Users

My Mood:

we have alot of the stuff from our son... but not everything... we will use the PnP for a while until i kick my son out of his crib into a toddler bed...
Old 06-20-2009, 01:45 PM   #7
allmybabes
Registered Users
seller

A pair of breasts and a sling. Seriously, I think that with the more kids I've had the less "stuff" I've wanted to keep and use. With my last one (#5) we got rid of all the baby gear except her car seat and just got an array of slings and carriers.

One thing I found invaluable the last time around were muslin swaddling blankets. I soooo wish I'd had them when my others were babes.

Just an FYI...there is some research out there on the hazards of exersaucers on the babe's physical development. Ours got all gross so we junked it but then I read some info on how they're not great for babe's leg and hip growth, which made me happy we decided not to replace it.
allmybabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 04:37 PM   #8
2Boys_4Me
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm only a month into having my third and the only thing I wish I had was PATIENCE!!! LOL Honestly the one thing I wish I'd grabbed before the baby was born was a new boppy since mine was trashed by the other two kids. I tend to use mine more as a "proppy" and give him a bottle while I tend to the bigger kids (I know its a no no). I've found that I want as little of the big items as possible in my house, they're just such an eyesore.
2Boys_4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 05:55 PM   #9
cryway903
Registered Users
seller

I am expecting baby #4 and I agree with the sling (or whatever front carrier works best for you). I have a good selection of larger baby items (pnp, bouncer, exersaucer, etc) but really never get a lot of use out of them. my pnp usually winds up holding clean baby laundry, my exersaucer (i will be looking into it being bad for baby and may get rid of it before this one gets here) usually gets used maybe a couple hrs a week, the swing a little more. of all my big items the bouncer is used most because i put baby in it while showering, and doing other things i can't wear baby while doing. it is easy to move from one room to another and keeps baby intertained in those moments i must put it down. but an infant carseat can be used the same way.
cryway903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 07:49 PM   #10
nellakat
Registered Users

I'm expecting #4 and I second the baby carrier and places to put the baby down when you can't wear him/her. You definitely want to think about making sure you have something to put the baby in that the other LO's can't get at. The PnP and the Bouncer are good, the swing can get a bit too "interactive" with the sibs! We had to put a gate around ours--it looked like a baby jail but it was really a baby fort.
nellakat is offline   Reply With Quote