Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-07-2007, 05:29 PM   #101
SorenEdenTuckers
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Serious Q about circumsizion..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getz View Post
Having a natural son is so easy, there is absolutely nothing special to do (except warn all medical personnel NOT to retract him). If he decides he wants it done when he is 18 then he can.
Isn't it amazing how many medical professionals still aren't aware that you aren't supposed to retract the foreskin? Had to take my oldest ds to the ER for a 104 + high fever once and they needed to get urine with a urinary catheter and an older nurse tried to retract him. I was on her like white on rice. I have felt the need to be the foreskin protector ever since lol. Every doctors appt with a nurse or doctor in the office that I don't know, I'm there hovering ready to pounce and educate if someone does something wrong like lioness protecting her cub. Then I am like why am I educating THEM?
My pedi is awesome though, very "crunchy". His wife EBF and CDs too. He had me email her links to where I buy my CDs from, they were just using PFs, I guess all my cute dipes sparked an interest.

Advertisement

Old 01-08-2007, 05:52 AM   #102
SheilaJoy
I grow people
seller

I didn't do a whole lot of research with my first son. I have always tried to parent as naturally as possible, and having a piece of his skin cut off right after birth seemed unnatural to me. I just couldn't imagine inflicting pain on my little boober.

I did do some research later before having my other two boys, to see if there was some compelling reason why I should have it done. Nope, couldn't find one. The hygiene point is moot because I was able to teach my oldest son how to clean it very well, and he's never as of yet had any sort of odor, problems, or infections.
SheilaJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 06:53 AM   #103
Sweetforestcat
Registered Users
seller

My oldest is circumcised and my youngest is not. I did not know any better with my first.

My DH I have a close friend who was not circumcised at birth. When He was 9 years old, he saw his papa and asked all about penises and circumcision. He made the decision on his own to be circumcised at age 9 and he was very happy with his decision. He said he was not in any pain and was happy he made the decision himself.

We have only had one problem with my youngest but he had to have surgery to remove a cyst so once that was removed we have not had any problems since. No smells here either.

Oh I have to go...I'll try to elaborate later.

Last edited by Sweetforestcat; 01-08-2007 at 08:14 AM.
Sweetforestcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 08:23 AM   #104
tsk_mum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by elijahsmama View Post
one reason I felt so strong about it was that boys are born a specific way for a reason. The foreskin has it's reasons. Why mess with mothernature.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:39 AM   #105
Camellia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My response to the OP is - It's not your penis, it's not your body: Don't alter it. There are complications with circumcision. Its a cosmetic surgery for goodness sake, and these are newborn babies being subjected to them.

There are *very* rarely complications with having a foreskin. The complications with having a foreskin are no different than the complications with having fingernails, or elbows etc...
Old 01-08-2007, 10:30 AM   #106
e_mom_e
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I havne't read all the replies and you probably have more than enough information. but I just wanted to add a few of my thoughts.

That video that was posted in the beginning of the thread....CLEARLY that doctor used no anesthetic....you can request anesthetic to be done before any cutting is done. there are much better procedures than the one done there. Things have changed alot. There are many different procedures and many are very quick and easy. Also you do not have to have it done immediately in the hospital, I recommed you don't, and you have it done at the pediatrician's office if you choose to do it. That way you can decide for sure. Also after 8 days the baby's vit K levels are at it's highest which help the blood to clot. That is the best time to do a circ. That's when the jewish do it.

I am not saying do or don't...that's something only you can decide. keep doing your research however, remember that most everything you read on this IS BIASED...they are either for it or against it. you won't find a site that tells you it's good either way you go. so you have to take that all into consideration when reading their materials. That what they are telling you is becuase they want you to believe their side.
e_mom_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 11:34 AM   #107
urchin_grey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by e_mom_e View Post
I havne't read all the replies and you probably have more than enough information. but I just wanted to add a few of my thoughts.

That video that was posted in the beginning of the thread....CLEARLY that doctor used no anesthetic....you can request anesthetic to be done before any cutting is done. there are much better procedures than the one done there. Things have changed alot. There are many different procedures and many are very quick and easy. Also you do not have to have it done immediately in the hospital, I recommed you don't, and you have it done at the pediatrician's office if you choose to do it. That way you can decide for sure. Also after 8 days the baby's vit K levels are at it's highest which help the blood to clot. That is the best time to do a circ. That's when the jewish do it.

I am not saying do or don't...that's something only you can decide. keep doing your research however, remember that most everything you read on this IS BIASED...they are either for it or against it. you won't find a site that tells you it's good either way you go. so you have to take that all into consideration when reading their materials. That what they are telling you is becuase they want you to believe their side.
Exactly. But what do "intactivists" have to gain from anyone leaving their son intact? Absolutely nothing. But doctors, pharmaceutical companies, skin cream companies - they have plenty to gain from telling everyone to circ. Circumcision is the most performed surgery in this country and a multi-billion dollar industry.

I think its sad that cosmetic surgery on INFANTS is performed more than it is on adults. What a twisted world we live in...
urchin_grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 12:07 PM   #108
ndunn
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by e_mom_e View Post

It is true that you can find incorrect information on both sides of the camp, but you can also find solid fact based evidence that shows that circumcision harms and that there are less dangers with being left intact. Those simply cannot be biased, because they are just data. Data is not biased, it can't be. You won't find a site telling you its a good way either way because that simply isn't what the research and data has shown. A site like that would be biased....for the pro side.

Urchin_Grey also raises some good points about money.
Old 01-10-2007, 08:10 PM   #109
2under2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

okay i have a story i will share. i had my ds circ. and i cannot express how much i regret it. i didn't really want it done but i didn't know why it was done or wasn't done and i thought the stupid "he will look different" was a reason to get it done. well it wasn't done well ( i don't know about the actual procedure part i ran out crying before they started) but i mean they didn't do it right. which is happening more and more. bc it is not necessary many drs. are not taking enough off or something which actually leads to other problems. this isn't as isolated as you may think as i know other people it has happened to as well. it does and will interfere with his life bc he doesn't pee in a straight line most of the time. we are potty training and the pee guard isn't big enough to catch how off course his goes! i have been told it may get better as he grows, otherwise i could do more surgery but i won't do that. i am glad you are thinking about it.... i wish i had more.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:40 AM   #110
soygurl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Disclaimer:
I am an Intactavist. I am STRONGLY against circumcision. No if's, Andi's or but's. I do NOT mean to offend anyone. I mealy wish to clearly speak my mind.

do they look the same as circ penis's when erect?

It depends on the penis. That's why you've gotten some responses saying "yes, they look the same when erect" and other responses saying "no, they look different." Intact men have differing lengths of foreskins. Circ'd men have different degrees of circs ("loose" vs. "tight" which really depends on how much each man's individual penis grows during puberty. There's no way to know during infancy "how much to take off"). Here's a (graphic but informational only) site that explains different amounts of foreskin in both circ'd and intact penises (with pictures). Foreskin Coverage Index

Does having sex with a circ man the same as a uncirc one?
I don't know. I think that it only stands to reason that there would be differences. Whether or not the difference are "good" or "bad" might depend on the "skills" of each individual man. However, I'm inclined to believe that sex would be better as nature (or G-d, if you prefer) intended it.

Also, I have heard some people say they smell differently and alot of people dont like dealing with that, is this true?
Have you ever considered cutting off your labia because of a "smell"? Would you ever consider cutting off your daughter's labia to prevent a "smell"? No, right? You wash your self and would/will teach your daughter to wash herself.
How dumb do people think men are that they can't retract their foreskin in the shower? How hard to you think it is to get boys to play with their penises in the shower? (I'm sorry if this sounds rude. I truly mean it in a totally serious manner)

Also, if you know any uncirc men, do they regret not being circ and wish they were?
I know a few intact men IRL, and none of them wish they were circ'd. If they DID, they could go get them selves circ'd (and get lots of pain relievers during and after the procedure). I DO know many men (online) who are extremely angry/disappointed that they WERE circ'd. Many of them are restoring their foreskin, but unfortunately it will never be the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~Mindy~* View Post
its illegal period here

and its a lot more taken away in circing a boy than a girl, girls vaginas still make lube, and unless youre also talking take away the labia completely, the clitoris still has *some* covering...etc, ya know? if you circ a boy, no more lube from the outside, onlly whatever their glands produce inside, no skin to rub the inside of a woman (well or man, obviously if theyre gay or bi ) and they can have scars and it be too tight and painful to be erect, and things... girls *can* still have sex and function perfectly fine if theyve only had what people equate to being the "same" as circing a girl as a boy, when in reality it isnt at ALL.
if they have other things removed, like labia, etc then yeah it acn be incredibly painful as well, but thats not whats generally refered to as circing a girl/woman...
Actually, there are several types of FGM. Some "only" take the clitoral hood (which serves many of the same purposes as the foreskin). Some take the clitoral hood and cut the labia. Some remove the clitoris entirely, and cut and stitch the labia together leaving only a tiny hole to urinate out of. Some remove the entire clitoris and most of the labial. All are illegal in the U.S. and several other countries. All are done for religious and cultural reasons. I don't like that excuse.
soygurl is offline   Reply With Quote