Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-18-2009, 09:44 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Lightbulb Webpage about CD'ing larger special needs children

It seems like information on cd'ing my older child has been really hard to come by. I was thinking I would like to start a webpage/blog that is specifically about cd'ing the larger child. Maybe it could be expanded to include info and resources on issues of cd'ing children with other special needs too, but right now I'm going to start with what I am familar with.

I wanted to get some input on what would be helpful information to have on this webpage. Obviously there would be links and info about WAHMs and companies that make larger sized cd's or will custom-make them. I would like to have an article discussing how to make your own and links/info about patterns. Maybe also reviews, first-hand experiences, even a blog where I talk about my experiences with cd'ing an older child. I would include basic cd info like what types, fabrics, care, etc. What else should be there? Any thoughts?

I would also love to know of any resources you know of - WAHMs and companies that make the larger dipes, etc. I know about Deanna who makes Clover fitteds; Snap-Ez; Fuzzi-Bunz XL (these have to be special ordered, right?); I have a WAHM making some customs for me, too. I also know of a couple diaper sewing patterns from Kayla's Cloth Kits that will work for older kids.

I'd really appreciate any info or ideas you can give me! I'd really like to build a resource for parents looking to either continue cd'ing a child who has been in cloth from the start or get their older child out of sposies when the cost and ineffectiveness just gets to be too much.

~Lori in Circleville, OH
Wife to Edson, SAHM to
Edson (6), Amelia (6, special needs) and Owen (14mo)
Cosleeping, BFing CDing, APing, BWing, knitting
farm mama!
Amelia is getting a service dog! 4 Paws for Amelia
rosaphile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 04:49 AM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Webpage about CD'ing larger special needs children

DS is 7.5 yo and has a feeding pump at night. I attempted to switch her to cloth (HH, maybe), but it wasn't cute enough for her. I got her wear it twice, but even with hemp it didn't hold enough.

So for us, we need something cute, VERY absorbant, and doesn't hold a smell. She's on a med that makes her smell like a fish and all synthetics keep the smell. She is an all cotton gal for clothes and bedding, minus the Goodnight that we current use at night. She is also heavy for her size, 59lbs and 45inches, with a budda belly.

Keep us updated- I would LOVE to switch her!!
Brittany, wife to Rawlo , mom to dd T (10/01), ds M (6/07) & ds O (3/09)
cloth diapering, baby wearing, part-time homeschooling, LDS SAHM who volunteers
britsuz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 03:41 PM   #3
Registered Users
Re: Webpage about CD'ing larger special needs children

I started a thread a little over a year ago about this. You can check here. I think some of the info is out of date such as UTN & Grateful Buns are no longer available. I am not sure if they will start producing again or not. I mainly use cuddlebuns, hand knitted soakers, bsww, bummis whisper pants, prefolds etc.... I haven't bought anything in almost 6 months because I am forcing myself to learn how to sew diapers but so far haven't managed to get very far. My son will be five in August and is 32lbs? and around 39in? tall. I believe those are the current stats, I haven't pulled his medical records lately.
mekat is offline   Reply With Quote