View Poll Results: What should I do?
Push the baby food. She needs it. 4 3.60%
Straight to table food. She needs it. 11 9.91%
Just EBF. 71 63.96%
other (please explain) 25 22.52%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 12-27-2006, 11:45 AM   #11
Registered Users
Re: Need Opinions

With my son I never gave him baby food, I went straight to table food, I just started with Cheerios, I would put 5 or 6 on his tray when we ate and let him play. When he was able to eat those and not put them on the floor then I started to put more of what we were eating on his plate. Bread, Really soft carrots, I would just serve ours and over cook his. He didn't really take to food though until he was about 15 months old. I just kept Breastfeeding and didn't worry about it. I told the ped what he wanted to hear not what was really going on, just cause he was an idiot about Breastfeeding.

mommypooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 11:47 AM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:

If she *wants* to eat food I would give her things that she can pick up and eat herself. I wouldn't push it though
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 17, Seth 10, Pandora Moonlilly 6 and Nevermore Stargazer 3, married to my awesome sahd artist husband of 7 years
KaleidoscopeEyes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 11:53 AM   #13
Accomplice to the Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers
My Mood:

I voted other....because each baby is so different. I would ebf and let her taste little bits of things from time to time. She knows what she needs. If she is content and growing fine then let her lead.

Sounds like you are doing great and she is happy!!! Go with it mama!!
~Lauri~ Mama of 8 blessings~ wife to Grady~

Avi pic: Leland 1 yr
annes_cottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 11:55 AM   #14
'Cuz inside out is wiggity wiggity wiggity whack!
My Mood:

I would offer it when the chance arrives, but I certainly would not push it. If there are certain things you know she likes, offer them. I know plenty of babes that were EBF well beyond the 7 month mark and they are healthy and fine. As long as she is growing and healthy, don't try to fix what ain't broken, kwim?
mom2kailinconnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 12:17 PM   #15
Registered Users

Other. Just ebf is fine but I would make finger/table food available to her so she can experiment if she wants. But nutritionally shoe doesn't NEED it.
nuttymudder to Andrew, Owen, and Rebecca
monkeytoesmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 12:50 PM   #16
Registered Users

Breastfeed until she is ready for solids. She will let you know when she wants them. My girls is 10 months and we are just now finally getitng her to eat solids and she will only eat one to two jars a day. We have tried solids in the past but she wanted nothing to do with it. As long as your baby is happy and healthy and filled up. I would not worry about solids.
Multiple final warnings, yet still using inappropriate avatars and posts
pinkflamingos77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 12:59 PM   #17
Registered Users

Your body ( breast feeding) provides everything your baby needs. Go with the flow and if you wait a little longer it does not hurt at all. Think, our bodies are made to care for our babies and that is why we have breast milk. They didn't have rice cereal way back in the days. Different docs will tell you different things. I went with the flow with my dd. She never was really that interested in solids. I think we started way later then the average.
Sakura-Single student mom to 2 sweet,wonderful girls, Born 8/01/04 & DD#2 born 10/20/07

Ebay Feedback
&TBW feedback username: Cherryblsm
cherryblsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 01:07 PM   #18
For The Love Of Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: tmolly
My Mood:

Originally Posted by chelle0518 View Post
I'd say to just make some table food available, but don't push it. I didn't rely on food for my older guys until way after a year old. I'd give them bits of things that we were eating, either mashed or bitten up by momma, and they were happy with that. I plan on doing the same with Noah. I tried some natural applesauce last week, and he's just not ready to eat yet...didn't have the 'pull it in' motion at all!
Go with your instincts mama, we're usually right.
I T A !

Just offer things occasionally, like when you are eating something that you could mash for her and when she's ready, she won't let the spoon get away!

If she's holding a spoon, you could let her finger paint with some cereal. She'll have fun and learn lots!

For The Love Of Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 01:48 PM   #19
Registered Users
My Mood:

I voted other. I don't think pushing anything on her is a good idea, but I think you should keep offering it to her- maybe on meal a day, at dinner? Keep offering even if she refuses, and she will probably begin eating it eventually. if not, offer her some table food when she gets a little older. My own DD is almost 11 months and only really eats one meal of solids per day, and I am not worried in the least. I do, however, think that there does come a time when they need more than BF.
Blessed & joyful child of Christ, wife to B & seriously awesome mama to A, S, K, T & M, born 3/29/12
"Good friends, good books and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life." -Mark Twain
Proverbs169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 02:02 PM   #20
Registered Users
My Mood:

Originally Posted by amandalynn View Post
I voted just EBF. Your body knows exactly what nutirents your baby needs. Unfortuanely this world and the doctors is so used to FF babies they give BF mamas the same advice they give FF ones. FF babies do need more than just formula after 6 months, but BF babies do not. I know lots of babies who were EBF well past a year and do as well if not better than their solid fed counterparts. Also, have you tried making your own babyfood? If you do you will notice the tast is MUCH different than processed store bought baby food, which tells you there are undisclosed ingrediants in it, it may make the difference. I know mine would never eat store food, but gobbled down what I made. GL and don;t worry about adding solids unless there is weight loss issues

Misti- Mommy to my smart, HSed, BFed, PLed, healthy eating, 4 year old Mamma's boy.

DOULA in training!

HCG Diet works! Ask me how.
greenkmt is offline   Reply With Quote