Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-22-2009, 07:09 AM   #1
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Angry dd has a "well" visit tomorrow- UPDATE

UPDATE
dd is fine. petite but perfectly healthy and on track developmentally(or ahead ) the dr waited til the very end to bring up vaxing and decided to give me a story to read to "change my mind". i said thanks and left. i should have read the darn thing there its about a little girl who was FULLY vax'd but got Hib and her mom told the hospital she was vax'd against it so they delayed checking her for it. turns out the vax didnt "take" and she almost died......now hoe is that supposed to convince me to vax????? here's a story on how vax's dont work, now vax your child...i think NOT
BTW we arent anti vax we just choose to wait til they are 2 to consider any
the dr's last argument....we should vax bc our insurance covers it so its free are you serious???? jumping off a cliff is free should i let my kids do that too???

she is almost 16 months and hasnt been since she was 3 months (hasnt been sick and we dont vax). well the ped called me last week when i was half asleep and i scheduled an appointment other than weighing and measuring, what will they do? they dont push the vax'ing issue so thats not a problem

Advertisement

JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops

Last edited by shortcake2386; 06-23-2009 at 04:23 PM.
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 07:12 AM   #2
kannondicarpo
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: dd has a "well" visit tomorrow

I have no advice but Nikolas is 26 months and hasn't been since his 4 month check up. We don't vax either and he has been well so there was no need for a visit.

Don't let them talk you into anything!

ETA: Congratulations. I just saw that you were expecting again. Sorry about being so late on that one.

Charlene Keala || 9.27.10, Zakary Michael || 10.25.12 & Baby "Momomi" || October 2014 ~

Loving life on the Big Island!
kannondicarpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 07:18 AM   #3
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannondicarpo View Post
I have no advice but Nikolas is 26 months and hasn't been since his 4 month check up. We don't vax either and he has been well so there was no need for a visit.

Don't let them talk you into anything!

ETA: Congratulations. I just saw that you were expecting again. Sorry about being so late on that one.
i guess our insurance requires well visits thanks
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
Old 06-22-2009, 07:23 AM   #4
NavyMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The other main thing they want to see them for is to catch any developmental problems that children may have. We would never have known about DD's hypotonia as early as we did, but her ped noticed she didn't have as much strength as she should, so we were able to get her into EI and after about 6 months of PT she's done. I think they also usually look at their eyes / ears. Nothing to exciting, and if her ped isn't going to push vax I wouldn't sweat it.
NavyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 07:31 AM   #5
LisaV
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The only other thing I remember with my ped was she just moved DD hips and joint slightly to make sure they were developing. Nothing that hurt or anything and then the weigh and measure and my ped always remembers to ask if I have any concerns and that was it. We were maybe there 10 minutes because no problems.
LisaV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 07:33 AM   #6
Knits on Earth
Registered Users
Formerly: eden/averymumm
seller

My Mood:

our MD just asks what the kids are doing, sees if the are at their milestones, asks how they are eating, sleeping, if I have any concerns, listens to their heart/breathing and feels their tummy. that's all. it's fast and simple.

Knits on Earth, custom knits
Knits on Earth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 07:39 AM   #7
eragsdale
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

as other pp have said; just to make sure they are meeting the milstones and that everythings is working the way it is supposed to. Just because your child hasn't shown in any signs of sick; doesn't neccesarly mean they are 100% healthy. They should know by now you aren't doing the vax's; oh DON'T sign the paper; about refusing the vax's; instead give them one of your exempt letters from the state and make sure it is notorized.
eragsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 07:41 AM   #8
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

she is definately not behind developementally. she is walking and talking and such. she is petite but so are dh and i
Old 06-22-2009, 06:44 PM   #9
Emilyjoy16
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, we go in and talk about the words she's saying and how she interacts socially and things like that. Make sure she's meeting the milestones. I really like going so that I can see her growth chart. But I'm a dork.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:49 PM   #10
delphinium
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Your insurance requires well visits? Why? That is odd.

The reason I like them is it is a chance to get to know the doc. We don't do them all but we do most so the girls meet and greet the doc. Plus, our ped caught something with dd1 that I would have missed and it was important. So, I do think they have an important role. You would never know if your child had a hearing problem or a heart murmur or if there was a muscle tone issue. There are a lot of things docs check for at well visits that parents would never know how to catch without medical training.