Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-27-2006, 08:27 PM   #1
Proverbs169
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Angry Taking pics of DDs nursing dolls= bad mommy

Note to self: don't take parenting advice from people who don't actually have children.

My two older dds were playing the other day when, in Allison's words, their babies got hungry (actually a doll and a bear, heehee!) and of course they lift up their shirts to nurse them. Cute, right? I run to get the camera- my two babies "nursing" their "babies"- and they smile for the camera. So sweet. I mention this later to friends who don't have kids. their reaction is less than enthusiastic. "You're going to whip those out when they're older to embarass them." "Why would you take pics? That's just wierd."

HELLO?!?! It's weird that I think it's cute?? Idiots. I have pretend baby bottles in the girls' room- should I get rid of those since- gasp- they might want to play with them and their freak of a mother might want pictures of her kids?? GRRRRR. And when are people going to take their noses out of my business and stop telling me when I should wean my daughter? But that's a totally other post, LOL!

Ok, rant over. people who don't have kids should keep their opinions to themselves. It's not wierd and mean, is it???

Advertisement

Proverbs169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 08:29 PM   #2
Kimmomy2dom
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:
Re: Taking pics of DDs nursing dolls= bad mommy

Mama. I know what you mean!
Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 08:32 PM   #3
Calideedle
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Not weird at all!!

My DS (who still nurses at 2.5yrs old) nurses his Buzzlightyear & Elmo toys & yes I run to take pictures .... how cute is that!!??

Oh and he offers my "Nana's" if he sees someone is upset!

Keep doing what your doing
Old 12-27-2006, 08:33 PM   #4
Gavin&Brent'sMommy
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I know how you feel in a sense (pressure to wean) forget them hun, it's totally cute!
Old 12-27-2006, 09:02 PM   #5
Jemgirl

Toe Jam anyone?
seller

My Mood:

its darling! Don't listen to them!
Old 12-27-2006, 09:04 PM   #6
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Super cute. Some people are just weirdos and wouldn't know cute if it smacked them upside the head.
Old 12-27-2006, 09:05 PM   #7
worldsaver
Registered Users

My Mood:

Don't worry about it! Before I was a mama, I felt differently about a lot of things. I probably would have thought it was weird too

Now I'm so jealous you got pics of that! It's so adorable! It's def. not weird
worldsaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 09:06 PM   #8
queenie3
Registered Users
seller

Aww! I think that's so cute!! Who cares what others think.... I must be a weirdo too!
queenie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 09:08 PM   #9
my2babyboys
Registered Users
seller

OMG dont worry about what you were told. My boys are 3 and 23 months and I take naked pics and stuff of them all the time still. My 3 yr old walks around grabbing my boobs ( ever so gently ) and says "boobies" . He does it all the time in public, escpecially if I am holding him or hes in the seat of the shopping cart. people look at me like Im a bad mommy for letting him do that, but its cute. At home he even rests his head on one and his hand on the other and watches TV, then every now and then he tells daddy "boobies!" LOL I think when kids do stuff like that, that its cute!
Old 12-27-2006, 09:11 PM   #10
mamax3
Registered
seller

My Mood:

That is so cute! My dd's nurse their babies all the time and I take pictures, in fact I took a video of one of the twins telling my 14 month old, "Try it!" and pointing at her 'boob' ...lol mostly to show DH because I was busting up laughing. (Margot totally tried it, they were laughing so hard, this was in the shower.) Anyway, yes, totally cute, and I KWYM about the pressure to quit BFing. I was talking to a friend the other day and told her how DD just learned to say Buhhh buh when she wants to nurse and she said, "That's why I weaned a long time ago, I wouldn't want to deal with that." Deal with what? My child telling me what she wants? Whatever. My mother is starting to think it's weird to but I don't care, we still enjoy nursing and *news flash* it doesn't involve anyone else!
6 on the road
mamax3 is offline   Reply With Quote