Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-23-2009, 01:10 PM   #11
shanree
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: why are people always telling me that boys are "easier" than girls?

I have 3 boys and I raised my neice! I definitely believe boys are easier!!! I prayed for all boys and if I have another I would really hope for a boy too. I'd take a girl of course and love her dearly... but be scared to death of her as well hehe! girls are just scary and high maintinence! My neice just about broke the bank on SHOES. She would sob crocodile tears if you even suggested that she wear the same pair of shoes twice in the same week (and I have NO IDEA where that came from because I was always a total tomboy and at the time she was like that I only owned 2 pair of shoes myself). Her hair had to be PERFECT all the time and it was kinky curly and took a LOOOOONG time to do anything with. She was dramatic and tearful over the smallest of things and extremely manipulative (ie: "I just won't love you anymore, I will go back to live with my real mama!").
And there are all the crazy accessories for girls matching hairbows, bloomers for under dresses, tights/stockings, etc...
AND most of all the constant fear of someone getting their hands on them! (I know that there are people out there that do things to boys too, but it just seems to happen to girls more often!)

Boys may be a little rough and rowdy but I will always believe they are truly easier both on the emotions AND the pocket book

Advertisement

JESUS LOVING Wife to Les, Full-Time Mama to Naomi (17) Elijah (11) Ian (8) Jake/Xander/Rachel (7yr old triplets) Aiden (5) and Benjamin (2) ....Homebirthing, EBF, ERF, CD'ing, BW'ing, HS'ing, Co-Sleeping, No-Circ, No Vax, 3 natural VBAC Mama. & now I am a CPST!!!!
shanree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 01:20 PM   #12
sonie716
Registered Users

My Mood:

For me its the drama. I have a 6yr old boy, a 2yrold, and a 5month old girl. My boy can be a spaz, but my daughter is all about the drama. The roll her eyes and throw herself down. Its crazy. I do love her dearly though.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:28 PM   #13
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Well lets see...

I have 4 (soon 5 girls) and one boy. I would take EIGHT of my DS over my girls any day. My girls are soooo dramatic, and have not learned how to play on their own. I think girls are generally (IMO) more needy than boys. My son can sit for hours and play by himself. But then again, I dont have 5 boys and one girl which could TOTALLY change my opinion.

could just be our family dynamic though.
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 02:46 PM   #14
Rhianna'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't know but I keep hearing that lately. We have 2 girls and are now expecting a boy. Everyone keeps saying we'll love having a boy because boys are so much easier than girls. I don't find my girls difficult to deal with. I know their personalities and work with them accordingly. I'd do the same for a boy.
Rhianna'sMommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 02:55 PM   #15
blackberry75
Registered Users

I've never understood this sentiment. Seems silly to me. How would gender decide if a child was "easy"? I personally think it has to do with the kids personality more than if they have an inny or an outy, KWIM.
blackberry75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 02:57 PM   #16
~Cricket~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, I can't really compare, since I have just girls, but I don't find them particularly difficult. I think part of it is just their personality, and part of it is the way you raise them, and part of it is how your personality works with theirs. Of course, I haven't gone through the teen years, with PMS x 3 (just wait!) but so far, I don't find girls too hard. And, I imagine boys have their own challenges through the teenage years. Maybe if this little bean turns out to be a boy, then I'll have a different opinion about it all.
Old 06-23-2009, 03:00 PM   #17
SewGreenBaby
Registered Users
Formerly: Naturally Pampered
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by steph410 View Post
boys are much rowdier, more active, higher energy, less under control than any little girls their age
I've never seen a toddler girl as rowdy as my little man.
SewGreenBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 03:37 PM   #18
syfitz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't know. I heard that all the time when I was pregnant with my ds (4th kid). Now I ask those same people why they lied to me I do not think my girls are difficult at all, but man, that one little boy WEARS ME OUT!

Maybe I'll think he easier later on.......
Old 06-23-2009, 03:45 PM   #19
cm.thomas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have two boys and get this comment too. I've always thought it was a little later on, dealing with the emotions, drama and hormones...who knows? I'm sure both genders have their moments. I've also heard though that boys are difficult the first couple of years and then they are easier in the later years where girls are easier the first couple years and then the most difficult part comes later. All I know is how my sister and I were as teenagers and I can't imagine it was a fun ride for my parents?
ISO:BSRB TIANs
cm.thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 03:46 PM   #20
Calideedle
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

So far mine are the same. I am so glad I at least got one of each!