Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-24-2009, 01:31 PM   #31
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
seller

My Mood:
Re: why are people always telling me that boys are "easier" than girls?

I get that a lot too. I have two girls, 10 and 7.5 plus two nieces 11 and 6.5 that I care for on a daily basis, and one little boy who is two. The way I see it, boys and girls are very different but I don't see one as easier than the other. Everybody has their easy parts and their hard parts.

Advertisement

GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:59 PM   #32
PurpleDaffodil
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My mother always preached and thought this after having 3 girls, then she had a boy and ATE her words. People said just wait until they get to their teenage years and you will see why. But when my brother got to his teenage years he was worse than all three of us girls combined. She now says she'd rather raise 3 more girls than one more boy
PurpleDaffodil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 03:44 PM   #33
Nate's Mommy08
Registered Users

My Mood:

I am not sure since I only have my DS. But my parents have said raising my sister and I who are 22 months apart was easser then raising my brother who is 6 years younger then me. So I think it depends on the person.
Nate's Mommy08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 04:05 PM   #34
RetroBaby
Witty title here
seller

My Mood:

Oh, I have heard this SO many times, and the opposite is true in our fam. I love my boys, but my oldest is full of drama, everything is SUPER dramatic, he can't entertain himself, and is constantly calling his siblings names and starting fights with them. Everything is a battle with him. He is very obstinate.

My DD is snuggly and is my helper. She will do the dishes or laundry without a single complaint. She keeps her room clean and pretty much does anything I ask her to with a cheerful "okay mom!". She also helps with the 2 year old when I'm having a desperate need-a-break-now moment. She is more prone to crying than my guys, but will calm down quickly with a hug and snuggle. She always stays out of trouble and gets all Os in citizenship on her report card. She is a people pleaser, for sure.

My youngest little guy is trouble, LOL. He is always getting himself into mischief, and is a clown. I can tell that he's going to be the class clown in school. He lives to make people laugh. He's a fighter, though, and I think he's probably going to get into fights later on in school. Ugh.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:22 PM   #35
Rollins4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I agree with PP, easier no, different yes! My 7 yr old is driving me nutso with the drama and always overacting. While my 3 boys, just drive me nutso. The are high energy and always need more outlets to get that energy out!
Rollins4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 01:44 AM   #36
mama2tstnjb
Registered Users
seller

I have 5 boys and 1 girl. My girl is my youngest and so far she has been easier than my boys by far! I think most people say your lucky to have boys because they are easier refers more to when they get to be teenagers. Thats what my parents say anyway. I know my boys have paid me back for anything I did when I was little, and my parents are patiently waiting until Brie is a teenager for her to pay me back for everything I did as a teen.
mama2tstnjb is offline   Reply With Quote