Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-24-2009, 08:22 AM   #11
Amaggiepie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: question for the non vaxing or semi vaxing mamas

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiematie View Post
Im glad i could help! Im sorry you are also dealing with issues with your child. One thing i have a hard time with is forgiving myself for not knowing better. I feel like my first son got the short end of the stick since he had to deal with so much, because i listened to my doctor and not to my instinct. I didnt even know i had a choice not to vax, i didnt think vaccines did any harm and i thought they were effective. I was so wrong, but now i make it my mission to help other moms so that maybe they dont have to deal with some of the stuff i did, so that they know they have a choice and they cant be forced to do something that deliberatly hurts their child. The vaccine (pharmaceutical company) industry is VERY corrupt. Its a multi-billion dollar industry for a reason.
Ok, please help me then. I have vaxxed my DD for everything they have told me to...when I asked the doc about why, etc., she said she HAD to have ALL of the vaxxes or she wouldn't be allowed to go to school. It broke my heart and went against everything I felt to hold her down so they could inject her with those things. She is 2 now and has had most of the vaxxes. Can I stop from here in out, or is it pointless now?

We are TTC #2 and I would love to know what you have to do to get around the vaxx requirement for school...I would love to not vaxx at all for this next little one.

I don't take medicine unless I feel like I'm DYING so why should I inject my kids with tons of junk they don't need, and that cause them problems down the road?

IF you can spam me some info, that would be great! We're in MD, by the way...

Advertisement

Amaggiepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 08:30 AM   #12
Baltic Creations
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiematie View Post
Im glad i could help! Im sorry you are also dealing with issues with your child. One thing i have a hard time with is forgiving myself for not knowing better. I feel like my first son got the short end of the stick since he had to deal with so much, because i listened to my doctor and not to my instinct. I didnt even know i had a choice not to vax, i didnt think vaccines did any harm and i thought they were effective. I was so wrong, but now i make it my mission to help other moms so that maybe they dont have to deal with some of the stuff i did, so that they know they have a choice and they cant be forced to do something that deliberatly hurts their child. The vaccine (pharmaceutical company) industry is VERY corrupt. Its a multi-billion dollar industry for a reason.
exactly how i feel i had no clue i could refuse them until i joined this site and i truly felt the vaccines were the cause of all of our problems! and you are right the drs tell you you HAVE to vaccinate so without real good info most of us figure well since the doctor says i have to.......but now im outright going to REFUSE them thanks so much for your help!
Old 06-24-2009, 08:31 AM   #13
Baltic Creations
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaggiepie View Post
Ok, please help me then. I have vaxxed my DD for everything they have told me to...when I asked the doc about why, etc., she said she HAD to have ALL of the vaxxes or she wouldn't be allowed to go to school. It broke my heart and went against everything I felt to hold her down so they could inject her with those things. She is 2 now and has had most of the vaxxes. Can I stop from here in out, or is it pointless now?

We are TTC #2 and I would love to know what you have to do to get around the vaxx requirement for school...I would love to not vaxx at all for this next little one.

I don't take medicine unless I feel like I'm DYING so why should I inject my kids with tons of junk they don't need, and that cause them problems down the road?

go to the blog in her signature it has TONS of great info!!
Old 06-24-2009, 08:51 AM   #14
Amaggiepie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridamama View Post
go to the blog in her signature it has TONS of great info!!
Clicking.....

Old 06-24-2009, 09:03 AM   #15
NATTYBATSMOM
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
SIDS is another big reason im wanting to not vaccinate! I had a close friend very recently lose their 3month old little boy to SIDS it woke me up big time and now im freaked about EVERYTHING. he was healthy and happy and thriving and went to bed and never woke up and he was getting all of his shots. so i really think they played a roll in his death.

what about the shot of vitamin k they give them in the hospital usually? avoid that one too?
We did do that one but DH didn't want to, I kind of pushed it because of the fact that she was born via cesarean, I didn't want to take any chances with any brain bleeding. That was my thing, I'll admit. That one, to be honest, I probably would have gone back and not done. Not that anything had happened (that I noticed) but knowing what I know now, there can be issues with that one too.

You're having a boy, the vitamin K shot is a big factor with circumcisions. If you are going to circumcise, that would be a reason to get it UNLESS you wait at least 8 days. DH strongly believes that is the reason for the wait, because that gives the body time with the clotting and all of that. If not, then there probably isn't any reason to but with everything going the way it went with DD's birth, I was kind of worried and wanted to be on the safe side. But we probably won't do it if we have any more.
My Blog: Sipping Life One Day at a Time
NATTYBATSMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:06 AM   #16
NATTYBATSMOM
Registered Users

My Mood:

You can stop at any time. The sooner the better but better late than never, you know?
My Blog: Sipping Life One Day at a Time
NATTYBATSMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:15 AM   #17
Amaggiepie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

OMG! I just read Katie's blog.... I feel so horrible. I had NO IDEA I was injecting all of those things into my little girl.

I printed out the exemption form right NOW and am filling it out. No more vaxing for us!!!!!!!!!

Another question - at the Dr.s office, I can just refuse the shots, right? I mean, do I really have to explain myself to the Dr.? She will probably argue with me. Do any of you have experience with stopping vaxxing after it has been significantly completed?
Old 06-24-2009, 09:19 AM   #18
brighteyes mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

what about the shot of vitamin k they give them in the hospital usually? avoid that one too?
DD had this one in the hosp. they did it without even asking me! I would have said no. Def. make sure you tell the doc/midwife these things before you have the baby- everyone treated me like i was too dillusional to make decisions like that. no one asked beforehand either.

Quote:

you can stop whenever you want!!!
http://www.nvic.org/Vaccine-Laws/sta...uirements.aspx
so you could claim medical or religious exemption.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:22 AM   #19
brighteyes mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
OMG! I just read Katie's blog.... I feel so horrible. I had NO IDEA I was injecting all of those things into my little girl.

I printed out the exemption form right NOW and am filling it out. No more vaxing for us!!!!!!!!!

Another question - at the Dr.s office, I can just refuse the shots, right? I mean, do I really have to explain myself to the Dr.? She will probably argue with me. Do any of you have experience with stopping vaxxing after it has been significantly completed?
Since we've never vaxed at the docs, i might not be any help, but they deff tried to pull the "we know best, throwing stats in my face"
Just stand your ground and say you've made an informed decision. End of story- you DO NOT have to explain yourself- if the doc gets weird with you, get a different one. just my :2cent:
Old 06-24-2009, 09:27 AM   #20
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Quote:

Just say no thanks. You do not need an explanation. They can "fire" you as a patient though, but that gives you the opportunity to find a vaccine friendly ped in your area.

We no longer vaccinate. I always knew I wanted to be a non-vaccinating family but was always scared into it by family and doctors. I did the research a few years ago and we have stopped all together. My 5th baby and the baby on the way will have none at all. My 3rd and 4th are partially vaxed and my first 2 were vaxed up until kinder. They are 11 and 12 now and ready for more, but we are refusing those as well.

You do not need to do the Vit K shot, it really is preference. It is not a vaccine as it is not on the list or in the little books they hand out. (shot record)

We had no issues getting my DS into kinder even though he is partially vaxed. We just signed and notarized a form saying we don't vaccinate. Not a question was asked.

Good luck in your research!
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote