Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-22-2010, 09:21 AM   #1351
Jenifer
Banned

My Mood:
Re: April 2009 DDC Mamas and Cutie Pies Chat Thread *Pic Heavy*

summer my sister went from the depo shot to an IUD about 3 months ago and LOVES her mirena IUD! is that an option for you?

Advertisement

Jenifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:28 AM   #1352
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have a tilted cervix and have read that you have a greater risk of puncture if this is the case, although I have not researched this yet
Old 03-22-2010, 06:23 PM   #1353
~Sherry~
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC's Mama View Post
We use a combo of Ovulation tracking and Pull-&-Pray............
This. Exactly. Though I wasn't quite sure when DH asked if it was ok. Apparently not because here we are with a bun in the oven.

I was on the pill for a few years in HS (Not that I was "active", my periods were awful and all wacky and they helped.).. then I tried the Seasonique (sp?) pill and I guess I'm a horrible pill taker. I missed a ton. We used condoms a few times in the beginning but hey, we've been together almost 9 years now so why bother now? After this baby though I am getting tied or cut or whatever they do now and DH is getting snipped. We are fertile turtles over here and 3 is our limit.
~Sherry~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 07:08 PM   #1354
starfiin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Nancy- I LOVE the Flips. During the day when he wears one- I usually use just the organic insert- that thing is mad thirsty! (have I mentioned here that once while running errands I wasn't able to change him for four hours and he was totally fine- the diaper was like half wet, and he was totally dry on the outside!) We usually lay a fleece liner in every diaper- so that is a stay dry layer for his buns. At night we use a organic and a stay dry liner- and it holds up wonderfully!! love.

Summer- for BC I used to use the Nuva Ring- until I was just so over the hormones in them... then we used temping to know when I was O-ing and condoms if we wanted to dtd during O time. Right now I'm not temping - so we're just using condoms.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:25 AM   #1355
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

darn you guys, now I want to try out some flips - THAT is why I never venture over to the diaper chatter threads... now you guys have brought it to me !

BC over here - hmmm, I guess we are pull and pray and sometimes forget and get caught in the moment, and then wait 2 weeks and POAS (is that a method? I don't know ), we used to use condoms but I really HATE them, dh wasn't a huge fan either. We basically practice NFP because I watch my cervical position and cm, normally I temp but I've not started that since ds2 was born.

I was on the patch in early marriage but it was pricey and we were poor college students so a few months of that and I switched to the pill, worked ok - maybe a little moody, then after I had ds1 I vowed I would never do hormone stuff again, didn't think it was great for my body. I was on one cycle of BC during the midst of post m/c stuff to try and regulate my body and regulate the roller coaster of hormones - believe it or not I was more sane the month I was on it than the other months I was not. That was a wild 18 months of way more ups and downs than I can count.

I wish I was a fertile murtle Sherry, maybe I will be from here on out, who knows, I don't mind if it takes me a little time to get preggo as long as I don't lose anymore los;
5 angels in my heart always
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:59 AM   #1356
newbiemama
Registered Users
Formerly: justanauntie

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Sherry~ View Post
Thanks, Summer!

Though we aren't keeping the names a secret this time! Quite a few family members wanted to strangle us for not finding out and keeping the name secret . If it's a boy we are using M's boy name- Benjamin Michael (after DH's brother, Mick (Michael David), who passed away in front of B and myself 2 years ago in June). And the only name we've thought up for a girl is Ava Caroline. After nobody, we just like the names.
Sherry i those names!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keropisunshine23 View Post
So, I am sure we talked about this before, but I am wondering what everyone uses for birth control. My year of easy peasy birth control is up. I had decided to do the shot for one year, but now I need to make other decisions. I am at my heaviest I have ever been in part to the shot and in part to my lack of self control and excellent cooking/baking skills. I have also recently had severe bouts of depression that are hormonal and that I am again contributing some of it to the shot. (I also think the decrease in nursing hormones and SAD have something to do with it.) I am making other changes too in diet and excercise, but I know it is time to move onto something other than the shot.

oh, and I can not go on the pill. It ripens my uterus or something because the only times I have gotten pregnant and not miscarried was while taking the pill, regular and mini. I will save that for when I am ready for the next baby.
we use FAM. although we've actually found that we use condoms about 90% of the time, because i was on the pill 6-7 months when we first got married. we didn't know when i would be olvulating/if i would be olvulating when we got off the pill, and even though we used condoms all the time, still wound up preggo! now that i've only had about 2 cycles PP, we still use them to be sure. after all this, we've decided it's the best way morally/spiritually for us. and we've talked about it and don't quite yet agree, but we won't be doing any surgical proceedures to stop our fertility.

afm, we're getting ready for Cate's birthday! she's really turning into a person now, although a lot of me feels like she's still a baby- so i'm torn. i want her to grow up and start to walk and talk, but i also want her to just stay a little baby!! we've been feeding her more grow-up foods, and she loooooooves pancakes and cereal. she CONSTANTLY asks for cereal, always wanting to eat. she's turning into a really determined, demanding girl. she wants what she wants and there's not stopping her! or else she's fake whine until she gets what she wants!!

a short nostalgic story, we've been going on walks during the day since it's been nice lately. i remember taking her on walks last summer and she was tiny and would just sit there and watch everything. now she points at everything and talks to everything and leans way over each side to watch her dog and looks back at me to see if i'm having fun.... ugh! it's just so cute and it reminds me how much she's growing!

Catherine Grace (6)
John Gabriel (4)
Laura Josephine (1)

Last edited by newbiemama; 03-23-2010 at 11:09 AM.
newbiemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:11 AM   #1357
newbiemama
Registered Users
Formerly: justanauntie

My Mood:

to Tristan and Jacob!

Catherine Grace (6)
John Gabriel (4)
Laura Josephine (1)
newbiemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:20 PM   #1358
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

Happy Birthday, Tristan and Jacob!
Old 03-23-2010, 04:57 PM   #1359
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Happy bday!

I dont know if i mentioned this but i love flips..
BC I have a paragaurd. I also have a tilted utures(sp) NAK never heard of the punchturing before.
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 05:39 PM   #1360
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

not as cool as a birthday, but Nigel is 11 months old today... seriously, where has the past *almost* year gone Can't post and not share pics

This is the new face we see a lot - normally in response to big brother bugging or taking something from him

I ordered my little man's big boy seat today - a Radian 80SL in Metro, I didn't think I'd like the Metro, but my big sis got one for their newly arriving babe in May and I fell in love with it - he'll of course be rear facing until he's like 20 - but I tried him out in ds1's radian 65 this afternoon RF and he was loving it! Can't wait for it to get here, I'm so done with the bucket - we never remove it anymore and it's way harder to buckle than the radians! WAHOO!
5 angels in my heart always

Last edited by smblake; 03-23-2010 at 05:49 PM.
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote