Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-23-2010, 06:40 PM   #1361
NancyB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: April 2009 DDC Mamas and Cutie Pies Chat Thread *Pic Heavy*

Thank you from Tristan for the Birthday wishes! Some memories from 1 year ago:
1. Complete awe of my OB!! Actually thinking about a career change to become an MD.
2. I was very tired and sore! I was so sleepy- I blamed it on the morphine or whatever they had me on, but I think it was because I hadn’t had any sleep in 24 hours
3. I remember trying to get used to the name “Tristan”
4. Instant love and attachment of my little baby, which was different than when Alyssa was born.

I have just a little nostalgia, but I am glad I am not waking up every 1.5 hours all day long anymore!!! (And that I can actually walk by myself )

We got some family pictures this morning!

These first three are in order:

Tristan: Aha! I see what I want!

Alyssa: <screams>

Everyone

Hey, who’s that up there?

Advertisement

Last edited by NancyB; 03-23-2010 at 08:12 PM.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:11 PM   #1362
NancyB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

As for BC- When we were first married, I went on the pill and then went off 3 months before we wanted (and luckily did) conceive DD1. Then after I was done nursing, I went back on the pill until 3 months before wanting (and luckily did) conceive DS1. It seems as though we have been very fortunate that we got our LOs on the first tries. I did charting (which I thought was SO COOL! I am a process engineer, so I like data) and apparently it works...

Oh, and my DH told me to "tell all my online friends" that when we were TTC #2 that I took the week off of work that I would ovulate and I insisted that we call it "Conception Week".

I agree with some of the other DIA mamas that I HATE hormone stuff now. After being off of it and I am starting to ovulate again, I actually feel normal up and down cycles that I am supposed to feel. The pill worked great for what it was supposed to do, but I hated being *ahem* 'dry' all the time and having no interest in DTD. I am sure it was torture for DH. So, once we are sure we are done with having kiddos (DH is sure, I am still on the fence), I am going to work my negotiating skilz and have DH get the snip snip. That way it is reversible. Also, WHY should I have to do the surgery. I think carrying 2 kids, 2 labors, 1 surgery, 30 years of AF is enough. I don't see how he has any leverage in the discussion.

So, now you all have a window into my psyche. I bet you are scared

Oh, I got so carried away.... we are also using condoms.

Last edited by NancyB; 03-23-2010 at 07:12 PM.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:59 PM   #1363
GC's Mama
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyB View Post
So, once we are sure we are done with having kiddos (DH is sure, I am still on the fence), I am going to work my negotiating skilz and have DH get the snip snip. That way it is reversible. Also, WHY should I have to do the surgery. I think carrying 2 kids, 2 labors, 1 surgery, 30 years of AF is enough. I don't see how he has any leverage in the discussion.

So, now you all have a window into my psyche. I bet you are scared

Oh, I got so carried away.... we are also using condoms.

That's awesome..........doesn't scare me at all. Anyone who has a crazy family like mine can SO not be scared of anybody. Hubs will also be getting the V eventually. He's also on the fence........he's actually convinced I'm pregnant right now. I do not find that humorous and highly doubt it.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:33 AM   #1364
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

Nancy, I gave the same reasoning to my dh
Old 03-24-2010, 09:12 AM   #1365
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Nancy. Those family pics are adorable, Tristan is TOTALLY a mini version of your dh! And you are just too cute
5 angels in my heart always
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:33 AM   #1366
newbiemama
Registered Users
Formerly: justanauntie

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by smblake View Post
Nancy. Those family pics are adorable, Tristan is TOTALLY a mini version of your dh! And you are just too cute
ITA, except i think T and A look JUST like you! i LOVE the pic of T looking up at you!!

newbiemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 11:18 AM   #1367
~Sherry~
Registered Users
seller

Oh my goodness!! Too much cuteness!!! Nigel is too cute, Madelyn makes that same face Lordy, Nancy!! Those kiddos are the spitting images of you and DH!

I just told M "You can't eat crayons, Silly!" and took it away so she went "Aahhhh!" and made that pouty face.

DH asked if I was getting "fixed" this time. I said "Yep, you too!" and he's like "Why they are like 99.999% effective." So I said "I'd rather be 199.998% sure instead of 'maybe' 99.999%"
~Sherry~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:56 PM   #1368
GC's Mama
Registered Users

My Mood:

Tristan has the most adorable gummy smile on earth...........and DH thought the pic of Alyssa and newborn Tristan was the cutest thing ever. He actually said "That is one of the cutest little girls I've ever seen!" He so swoons over little girls....Mr big tough industrial mechanic is a softie when it comes to tiny little princesses!
Old 03-24-2010, 01:24 PM   #1369
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

dh has an apt next friday to get a referrel to get the big V..lol
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 03:03 PM   #1370
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

I came home today to surprise fluffy mail! My mil made Sofiya a marisol top with a skirty! I am bummed though because she knit the legs too tight, so I am going to have to send it back for her to fix. She looks cute in the top though!