Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-13-2010, 12:06 AM   #1501
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: April 2009 DDC Mamas and Cutie Pies Chat Thread *Pic Heavy*

Sofiya uses both pretty equally at this point in time, probably leaning a little more towards the right hand though.

Advertisement

Old 04-13-2010, 05:35 AM   #1502
NancyB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Tayden!!
Old 04-13-2010, 07:44 AM   #1503
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

thnx

Today

momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 08:41 AM   #1504
GC's Mama
Registered Users

My Mood:

I agree, that pic of Nigel is cute cute CUTE!

Amy, love the pics of Tayden. He's a doll! Happy Birthday Tay! And I want OBV pants for ME! Those look so soft.

And Owen seems to use both his hands pretty much equally. I'm actually ambidextrous. Maybe he takes after me.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:29 AM   #1505
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisafiin View Post
Melissa- LOVE that first pic (now your avi) of Nigel!!! sigh. so cute. and just a fab photo! love. also- can't believe you get two longs naps AND a long night's sleep out of that cutie...
*Correction - Nigel still wakes up on average of 2 times each night, often times 3-4... so no full nights sleep for me - and to be honest, it's starting to wear on my ((sigh)). So I really cherish those afternoon naps when I can catch up on life and every now and again get a short nap.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAY!!!
5 angels in my heart always

Last edited by smblake; 04-13-2010 at 09:30 AM.
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:48 AM   #1506
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

Happy Birthday, Tay! Hard to believe so many of our babies are one now.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:05 PM   #1507
newbiemama
Registered Users
Formerly: justanauntie

My Mood:

i've been MIA for while, so i'm commenting on some pretty old posts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenifer View Post
i canceled measons birthday party. instead i will take him to rehobeth beach by myself, have lunch with him, eat some yummy dessert, shop and enjoy the ocean. i am beyond fed up with family who does not care enough about meason to stick with thier RSVP's. im sick and tired of it all. im done. i wont let my little boy see me frusterated, so instead, im taking him back to the beach he was concieved at.
LOVE IT!!! i woulda done the same thing!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyB View Post
Guess who's walking!!!!

All of a sudden, he got stable today!!! All over the place...how cute.

Tristan also had his 1 year check up today.
21lbs 7 oz (25-50%)
31" (75-90%)
44.5cm head (10%)

When he turned 1 year, I started mixing in whole milk into his bottles I send to day care, so like half my milk, half cows milk. Just like a light switch his poop started smelling really rancid. Like acid, really. And it was the color and texture of finely grated carrots... Alyssa had the same deal. I remember vividly. Even sitting here I can remember the smell. I asked the doctor and she said that they don't worry about the color or smell of poop unless it is white, (or I supposed bloody). I read on KellyMom that sometimes the dairy has a harder time digesting and there is a tiny bit of blood from the intestines. I am not doubting this is true. Both kids got diaper rashes from that poop when it sat on their butt for even 5 minutes. I am wondering if I can try soy milk?? I am down to pumping 1x day at work and nursing 3 times when I am home. I really can't afford the time to pump 3x again. Anyone else on some cow's milk??
for Tristian walking!! re: cows milk, i'd imagine most kids would have some reaction to it when they first switch over. i think it's quite ridiculous that once they turn one, they can *magically* have cows milk... oh please. i think you're doing it right but introducing it slowly. maybe only do 1/3 cows milk, 2/3 BM if you can. you COULD try organic whole to see if that makes a difference at all. i know i'm not planning on giving Cate whole milk for a couple weeks yet, and i told daycare specifically not to give her any now that she's one, but they might accidently. maybe let T try a couple sips of just cows milk in a sippy cup to get used to it?? i don't know, these are just suggestions because i have no experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdavidsmama View Post
Just wanted to say hey mamas! Hugs to you all and your beautiful babes!
we'd love an update on you and your family!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabbySanchez07 View Post
Jacob is still so tiny! 27 inches long and 21.7lbs. Tiny boy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keropisunshine23 View Post
My three month old nephew is as tall as Sofiya
Cate is too, she's 29 in and 18/19 lbs. my cousin has a 6mo old TALLER and BIGGER than Cate! she's just going to be a tiny bean pole like her mama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyB View Post
Tristan is taking 2 naps. Usually 1 hour in the morning and 2 hours in the afternoon. He doesn’t seem to fight naps at all, but it takes him about 15 minutes to fall asleep.

At night, he sleeps from 7pm to 6:30 am, but has been waking up ~3 times a night again! He still doesn’t have any teeth, but he has been chewing on his hands for like 6 weeks! So I have been getting up and feeding or comforting because I never can rule out the teething pain. We try Tylenol if his crying is very sharp, or if he doesn’t go right back to sleep, but I just don’t know…..
Cate is almost exactly the same. 2 naps, usually 2-3 hours each, and she still wakes up at LEAST 2x's a night.

Cate's party was super fun. it was a BEATIFUL day so we played outside and open presents outside. i'm trying SO HARD to get pics on here but about the best i can do is change my avatar pic... she's still not walking but crusin' very well. her ladybug costume was a big hit, and i was suprised how long she kept the antena's on her head! and i was very proud of myself!! no tears that whole day!! but then the other day i was watching my 2 1/2 year old nephew and he and Cate were chasing each other all over the house and i teared up... GOSH where did that time GO!?!?!

also, MN mama's i updated the get together post, so check that!

"She is clothed with strength and dignity...
She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue...
Charm is deceptive, and beauty if fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised."

Last edited by newbiemama; 04-13-2010 at 12:07 PM.
newbiemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:19 PM   #1508
Keme
Registered Users

My Mood:

Anyone else been seeing temper tantrums? Jaime is usually a mellow, happy baby...but of late, when he has his mind set about what he wants to do and can't...temper! He's so willful!
Old 04-14-2010, 09:27 PM   #1509
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sofiya can be a diva at times, she wants her way and she wants it right then and there, but she is mostly very mild and a pleasant baby.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:34 PM   #1510
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

SO, Sofiya still fits into things I had made for her to wear as a newborn, but we are pretty close to outgrowing wool and certain things I bought for winter, she will fit into in the summer. How are you guys dealing with which dipes/wool/special things to save and which ones to sell. I do not need to fund bigger sizes or anything, so I have totally been in no hurry at all and delaying, but at some point in time, I gotta get it cleared out of here. I want to have one more, but not anytime soon, but I don't want to buy a whole new stash either when I do. The only way to ensure I actually save money the next time around.