Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-05-2010, 10:46 AM   #2001
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: April 2009 DDC Mamas and Cutie Pies Chat Thread *Pic Heavy*

We have been working with my almost three year old on potty training and Sofiya is catching on as well We are using the baby signs potty train system and it has really caught my son's attn. Sofiya just likes it when we jump up and down and clap

Advertisement

Old 10-06-2010, 10:47 AM   #2002
newbiemama
Registered Users
Formerly: justanauntie

My Mood:

hello again! just popping in for an update!

we just had the flu run though the household... then we gave it to my nephew, too! just spreadin' the love, i guess!

Cate doing really well. she loves being at daycare when she's there. she even has a friend and they sit by each other during group time and play together. the stories the workers tell me are adorable!! she's learning all kinds of animal noises. she has a picture book and now we can go though it and i can ask "where is the lion" or "where is the banana" and she can point out objects to me. it's so much fun all she's learning. we are nowhere NEAR PL, though. she loves to play with the potty we have for her but HATES to sit on it. so in the handful of times i thought she might have to go and set her on there she refuses and cries.

let's talk halloween! what is everyone dressing up as??

Cate is going to be a flower. then later Dh and i have a costume party we want to go to. i figured he could be a farmer, but then i don't know what my costume could be? something else related to farming/gardening? maybe i could be just a gardner?

Catherine Grace (6)
John Gabriel (4)
Laura Josephine (1)
newbiemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:25 PM   #2003
Jenifer
Banned

My Mood:

how about a scarecrow?!? or a pumpkin?! lol

Olivia is being spider girl, samonia is being a rainbow fairy princess, and meason is being a lion, RAWWWWWWR
(his new favorite animal noise!)
Jenifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:53 PM   #2004
starfiin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

HOLY CATS!!!
I have been away from you lovelies for far too long... boo.
And there's no way I can catch up completely- though I did scan back like 5 pages...

Keaton is going to be "Mayor Bee" from Family Guy for Halloween. We got the bee costume last year- but ended up dressing him like "Stewie" from Family Guy... which was adorable! Plus- I think the bee costume will look better now that he's walking... Just have to make a little "Mayor" sash.

Summer- can't even BELIEVE you have to wake Sofiya in the morning!!! JEALOUS. Keaton is usually up around 5 and can sometimes be nursed back down...for like an hour or two maybe. sigh.

Melissa- Nigel is so stinkin' cute! And your photos are fab lady!

Sherry- LOVE the painting pics of your girls!! And can't wait to see the whole fam photos! We just had our family photos done by a photog friend of mine. Just waiting (anxiously!) to see the proofs... it's SO weird being on the other side of this photo shoot business!! I WANT TO SEE THEM NOW!

Keaton will be 18 mos a week from yesterday. Can't even believe our babes are so big!! I haven't had him in for a well baby visit since he was 9 mos (we don't vax and with no issues, it seemed silly to go at 12 and 15 mos... but now it's been so long, I'd like to know where he is height/weight wise and just check in with the doc...) - he goes for his 18 mo visit a week from today- so I can check back in w his stats then. He's really slimmed down since he's started walking/climbing to the top of EVERYTHING/doing all his own stunts.
He is still nursing several times a day...I'm not really "weaning him" - but I am starting to curb it a bit when I don't feel up for it. I'm good with that early morning feed that gets him back to sleep a bit, then nursing while we "hatch" in the morning, before nap and at bedtime...it's just all the other times that I'm kind of over. I'm trying to offer him a drink from a cup with a snuggle... we'll see.
He signs a ton- and seriously understands EVERYTHING we say. There is lots of spelling happening at our house if we are discussing something we don't want him to know about... (eg: "o-u-t-s-i-d-e-" if we aren't IMMEDIATELY headed there... ) He says mama, dad, kitty, woof (for dog), berries, balloon, these, this, that, water, bubbles, "la-la-la" (for music), truck, chhh (for train), hot, "go-go" for bird, and "moh" for no. My fave though is that he doesn't say "yes" he says "HA HA!" like "YES! SWEET!" but it's a laugh.

Here are some pics from this end of summer/beginning of fall...

in his new car-

right after his fourth haircut (this kid's hair grows like a stinkin' weed!!)

at the apple orchard-

we've officially entered "train love"-

from just a couple days ago...

and- my recent FAVES-
a friend got this antique sailor suit for Keaton a while back- and we went to our old neighborhood to take antique-esque photos of him. These were taken right across the street from our old house (which was too in the bright sun for good photos... but I totally want to try again to get pics in front of our old place...)

ok, that's enough of a novel from me!!
I will try to keep up more!

Last edited by starfiin; 10-06-2010 at 07:58 PM.
starfiin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:15 AM   #2005
lindsayncadence
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Nisa- Keaton is soooo handsome. I cannot believe how much hes looking like a little "toddler". Love the pics

Cadence went on her first Kindergarten field trip today. They went to the pumpkin patch. I went to all her headstart trips and I signed up for any volunteer opportunities but I wasnt sure if it would be out of line to just go so she was a little sad...but I know she will have fun

I cant believe how big Irie seems to be getting. She is kind of tiny but her personality seems so big She seems to be understanding a lot more, if we ask her to pick up a toy, throw something away, yesterday she helped carry the diaper to her pail and she led the way Seems like everyday she says something new but after she says it once she wont do it again for a while lol. Cadence likes playing school now that shes enjoying it more and her student gets to be Irie. She really does try to teach her and it is so cute, I love the bond they have...wish I had a sister
Old 10-07-2010, 10:13 AM   #2006
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

oh Keaton, how I've missed you - Nisa, what a darling boy he is.

Irie sounds so sweet!

Jenifer - Nigel's favorite animal sound is rawwwr too, but funny thing is, he thinks ALL animals say rawwwr
5 angels in my heart always
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 01:58 PM   #2007
TabbySanchez07
Registered Users
seller

Hey ladies! Been a while it seems since I checked in..not too long, but a while for me. Jacob had his 18 month check up today. My middle son was there too and got his flu shot. Jacob had two shots today and so both cried and were not too happy. Jacob also got a breathing treatment while there since he woke up wheezy.

He is only 31 inches, but 26lbs so around 50% for weight. Still nurses ALL.THE.TIME! He is napping right now. He is being switched from pulmacourt twice a day (two breathing treatments EVERY day, I just couldn't do it) to two puffs from an inhaler and a chewable singulair daily. MUCH happier with that! He has his pulmanologist (sp?) appt next month too so we should know more then.

My boys are SO excited for Halloween this year. Jayden will be Buzz, Jordan Woody and Jacob is Rex since he LOVES Rex. He roars when he has it on.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:09 PM   #2008
NancyB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Aww so happy to hear from everyone

I installed my own watersoftener with the help of my dad (who has no plumbing experience either). It turned out it would have been pretty simple, except our main water supply was leaking by with the valve all the way closed. So we had to call the city to turn it off at the curb, and we had to do a lot more soldering. I ended up having to take an extra day off of work. We have very hard water, it turns out, so that is probably why I ended up getting stinky diapers (under softening). I bought a very expensive softener that only regenerates when needed and it has a nice screen on it that says how many gallons we used in a day, how much of the softening capacity is left before it needs to regenerate, etc. I am SOOOO excited. Can you tell I'm an engineer?? I'll share pictures eventually lol

As for Tristan ...

He is doing well. Very stubborn though, so we are getting some tantrums. We are just starting to say some words. He known "Hi" the longest, and we have recently added
"uh-kay",
"mmmm" for Moo,
"Dah" for stomp (he actually does the stomp at the same time)
"Nai-Nai" for night night,
Meow today!
Today also he actually addressed me as Mama! Before he would say mamama, but not really at me.

He really fights it when I try to get him in his carseat and in/out of the high chair, diaper change, shoes on, etc.... It is exhausting....

At his 18m appt he was
33.5 inches (75-90%) <my prediction was 75%>
25 lb 13.5oz (50%) <my pred. 50%>
18" head (10%) <my pred. 25%>

He is a shnookie-pie and I can't wait to share pictures
Old 10-11-2010, 10:43 AM   #2009
starfiin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

so...I thought I'd never say this...thought it was a myth honestly
but I think I am approaching stash nirvana.
GASP!

I tried just about everything when I first started cd-ing. Really had a huge varied stash...every time I discovered some new diaper- I totally wanted to try it. Maybe THIS diaper would be the answer!! or the cutest. or most absorbant. or whatever...

but now (after 18 mos!) we have figured out what works, what we love- and I am destashing+selling off the stuff we don't adore and adding in more of what we do.

here's where we're at (since I know you're all cd nerds, too)
I am loving pockets for this stage (totally thought I'd be a fitteds lover, pockets seemed silly when we started...but I love them now!)
we have:
6 FB OS
(12 more on the way)
3 M FB
3 RAR OS
6 GADs (in L and M/L)

for inserts we use the MF or Flip organic inserts (those are my fave and I will be stocking up on like 10 more soon...that should round out the stash for now I think.)

I also have a whole slew of adorable fitteds that I am saving for when we start really focusing on PLing this spring (still doing occasional EC w Keaton, but I think we'll really put our heart into the potty business in the spring when he can be nudey more. Nudey in a 110 yr old house in MN in the winter is not good times!) My thought is that with the fitteds- he will be feeling the wetness (where he doesn't now with the fleece lined pockets) and that will help in the learning. Plus they are adorable prints, so I'll have him rock them w/o cover when nudey isn't possible.

I'm also looking ahead to next babe- and I think we're pretty much set there, which is AWESOME.

we have:
12 KL0s (I will probably work on building this stash- for the early NB days- when I'm actually pregnant)
6 various fitteds w cord snap-down
5 Thirsties covers
18 FB OS
3 RAR OS
12 FB S
2 MonkeySnuggles S
3 M GADs

sweet.

where are all of you in your stash love / quest for the perfect stash...?
Old 10-11-2010, 11:28 AM   #2010
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have been in stash nirvana for a while.... but it helps that I started cding with Kenny and had pretty much figured out what I liked before I had Sofiya. I have bought some girly diapers since Sofiya was born and I came into 10 beautifully made, brand new WAHM fitteds for $6.50 each. They are cv but work just as well as my $40 gm's I had bought, lol. The dipes were bought in a lot of like 60, the WAHM had made them for her son but then decided to switch to ai2s. Other than those purchases, I haven't bought much since Sofiya was born. I actually know I haven't bought any diapers since March and before that it was only a couple of covers every couple months, lol.

I have a stash for three, ds2, dd, and my niece. DS2 is pling, but has been a pretty slow process. So I have.......

12 Toddler prefolds
16 yellow edge gmds
24 infant prefolds
(All dyed by me with dylon)

1 WAHM AIO that we use for dr appts
10 WAHM fitteds all cv inners with prints on the outside
2 Bagshot rows
9 GMs, 5 are prints, most are bamboo, but a couple of the prints are cv

5-8 of each size thirsties covers

I have tons to sell, lol. Someday I will get to it. I have fab fitteds mostly. I liked them, but only on xs and sm babies.

I was going to post a pic of our organizer, but I can't find it in my pb.... strange. lol