Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-25-2011, 10:31 AM   #2261
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: April 2009 DDC Mamas and Cutie Pies Chat Thread *Pic Heavy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC's Mama View Post
We're doing good. I'm not feeling nauseous very often these days, and I had my 1st midwife appt. Got to hear the heartbeat, and I"m measuring a bit big, but they said that's common when it's kid #3 and beyond. Owen has turned into quite the little chatterbox, just like big bro. I feel like there's an echo in my house, because he repeats EVERYTHING Garrett says. But it's cute.

Yesterday, Owen took his first poop on the big potty! Everyone was very excited. He's been peeing in the potty reliably if his diaper's off. I'm thinking next week we might just hang around the house with no pants (for Owen anyway ) and see if I can expedite that process, because I think he's ready. Garrett was using the potty all the time, sans naps and nighttime by 27 months. I don't know if Owen's there yet, but only one way to find out. I think he is, though.
My heart skipped a beat thinking about our babies being 27 months old, lol. It really feels like just yesterday I was struggling to get and stay pregnant and now I have a three year old and a two year old! Insanity!

Advertisement

Old 05-31-2011, 08:17 PM   #2262
NancyB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC's Mama View Post
Yesterday, Owen took his first poop on the big potty! Everyone was very excited. He's been peeing in the potty reliably if his diaper's off.
Yee Haw!

We are no where's near this point. Since January, he has been alternating diarrhea, constipation, diarrhea, constipation...... The times he got diarrhea were from antibotics/pneumonia, stomach flu, and bouts of teething for a whole month. The times he got constipation were right after the diarrhea- as a reaction to not want to poop and make his butt sore. So he would retain it and make it hard, and then it really did hurt!

Dr said to give him Mirilax, which is supposed to just add water to the stool to make soft. She said benefiber would just make more of it and may not soften enough. So we'd try it and it would work, but then he'd start teething again and would end up with diarrhea again! So we are just really struggling. He is retaining it most times in the week and he just cries when we change his diaper, even if it is soft.

I feel so bad for him that he can't seem to let go and just let it happen. It must be really hard to not be in control (the perpetual feeling of a toddler). It is also hard on Mom and Dad, that just need a break! I can't believe we will be starting ALL OVER in SEPTEMBER! ARGH! It sounds terrible, but sometimes a person just needs a break!!!

Last edited by NancyB; 05-31-2011 at 08:18 PM.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:40 PM   #2263
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

Nancy, that stinks! Poor Tristen!
Old 06-01-2011, 08:48 AM   #2264
GC's Mama
Registered Users

My Mood:

Poor little guy.....poop problems are no fun.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:53 PM   #2265
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

Starting to feel a little left out as I see another one of our DDC members is joining another DDC. LOL.... staying strong... no babies for me right now!

I have been busy trying to lose weight. I have lost 12lbs in 4 weeks and only have 6lbs to go to hit my first goal. Despite having lost 12lbs, I don't feel like my clothes fit better, so need to work on whittling the middle, lol. I have been getting compliments though, so that is fun!

How are all of you feeling these days?
Old 06-05-2011, 07:42 PM   #2266
NancyB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keropisunshine23 View Post
I have been busy trying to lose weight. I have lost 12lbs in 4 weeks and only have 6lbs to go to hit my first goal. Despite having lost 12lbs, I don't feel like my clothes fit better, so need to work on whittling the middle, lol. I have been getting compliments though, so that is fun!

How are all of you feeling these days?
Yay! Congrats!!! It is so encouraging to look and feel better!

Feeling pretty good, but eating too much junk food...
I always get more activity in the summer time, so hopefully just gaining the right amount for the baby.

Tristan on the other hand..... He had a little blood crust on his nostrils and it kind of stunk a little. My mom though it was impetigo from picking his nose with dirty fingers (always seemed to have a sand goatee after playing in the sandbox). Come to find out from taking him to the dr this morning.... blanket fuzz he has been picking off and stuffing up his nose got way jammed and packed in. It was causing an infection, and he ended up with a secondary ear infection!. To get it out, they tried the nasal aspirator, but ended up having to strap him down to go up with some kind of tweezers. I bet he just bawled through the whole thing. I am so glad hubby took him because it would have been a traumatic experience for me. Now that we are on antibiotics AGAIN, I am sure we will end up with diarrhea again Better start right away with the activia... If we religiously do that 1x/daily, the diarrhea is staved off.
Old 06-05-2011, 08:02 PM   #2267
GC's Mama
Registered Users

My Mood:

Aw, poor guy! MY parents apparently had to take me to the ER quite a few times between 2 and 4 years old for putting things up my nose (kernel of popcorn, M&M, jelly bean). The things toddlers do......

I know I give the boys probiotic pills from Fred Meyer....just a chewable, dairy free kind (both are sensitive to dairy and sugar combined) that have a high ratio of probiotics. Garrett's the only one who's ever been on antibiotics, but our doc recommended a concentrated probiotic pill/liquid when he was on them.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:45 AM   #2268
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh, Nancy! How awful! Poor guy!
Old 06-07-2011, 11:09 AM   #2269
NancyB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

He seems to be feeling better already! We had to mix the antibiotic with some yogurt because otherwise the taste was so horrible he refused!

What do you think? Does mixing an antibiotic with a probiotic actually negate the impact of the antibiotic??? I would guess not, but only because the dr's reccommend doing the yogurt along with the Rx...

Also, I really need the help of all you experienced MAMAS!!!!!! I am pulling clothes out of storage for the new baby GIRL coming this Sept. EVERYTHING has yellow spit up stains all over the necks.... I couldn't seem to figure out how to get those stains out.

Besides the sunning, any specific method you've used successfully to get out spit up stains? (would lemon juice and sunning together be the best bet?) HELP!
Old 06-07-2011, 12:17 PM   #2270
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

Congrats on a girl! no advice on stains. They used to make this stuff called clorax stain out that worked wonders, but they do not make it anymore.