Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-08-2011, 09:22 AM   #2271
newbiemama
Registered Users
Formerly: justanauntie

My Mood:
Re: April 2009 DDC Mamas and Cutie Pies Chat Thread *Pic Heavy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyB View Post
Tristan on the other hand..... He had a little blood crust on his nostrils and it kind of stunk a little. My mom though it was impetigo from picking his nose with dirty fingers (always seemed to have a sand goatee after playing in the sandbox). Come to find out from taking him to the dr this morning.... blanket fuzz he has been picking off and stuffing up his nose got way jammed and packed in. It was causing an infection, and he ended up with a secondary ear infection!. To get it out, they tried the nasal aspirator, but ended up having to strap him down to go up with some kind of tweezers. I bet he just bawled through the whole thing. I am so glad hubby took him because it would have been a traumatic experience for me. Now that we are on antibiotics AGAIN, I am sure we will end up with diarrhea again Better start right away with the activia... If we religiously do that 1x/daily, the diarrhea is staved off.
Quote:
He seems to be feeling better already! We had to mix the antibiotic with some yogurt because otherwise the taste was so horrible he refused!

What do you think? Does mixing an antibiotic with a probiotic actually negate the impact of the antibiotic??? I would guess not, but only because the dr's reccommend doing the yogurt along with the Rx...

!
Ugh poor guy! Cate has constipation problems, too, everyone once in a while. i'm wondering if it's realted to teething, or just whatever shes eating... i'm not quite sure. trying to get a rhyme or reason for it. plus we haven't tried much OTC to help her out... i maybe should! we've done antibiotics WITH probiotics before... they probably do cancel each other out, but we've done it anyways!!

we just said good-bye to daycare for good! my mom's watching her over the summer, then come August i get to quit! so while that's a HUGE blessing (although we'll be living with my folks come the end of June) it's still really hard. we loooooooooooooooove our daycare and Cate has a lot of friends. it's very hard to say good-bye. and of COURSE, it's her last week and for the first time in 2 years, they called me yesterday to come get her because she's sick! so not even a full last week for her!! but she and i will go on a day off and have a party: bring the kids cupcakes and toys and thank you cards to all the staff. ugh! i get teary just thinking about it!!

Advertisement

"She is clothed with strength and dignity...
She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue...
Charm is deceptive, and beauty if fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised."
newbiemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:53 AM   #2272
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

Saying goodbye to daycare is hard, even when it was you wanted to do, lol. I totally understand.
Old 06-12-2011, 09:53 PM   #2273
NancyB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I can't imagine saying goodbye to my daycare lady, so I totally understand! If she doesn't retire before we stop needing her, we could use her service for 10 years! (Alyssa is 5 and LO is not born yet).

When we had to use daycare, I went through the whole "mourning" period of not being my child's only provider, and then I started to really trust her abilities and her care. Don't know where I'd be without someone I knew I could trust with my most precious part of me!!!
Old 06-13-2011, 07:53 PM   #2274
GC's Mama
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
I am pulling clothes out of storage for the new baby GIRL coming this Sept.
What?! HOw did I miss that.......I'm getting the pg brain something fierce these days (I seriously feel like half of my day is spent saying things like "Where did I put that?" "What was I about to do?" "Oh crap, I forgot the _____") A girl! How sweet.....and how organized. Girl, boy, girl.....taking turns like good little siblings. Congrats, Nancy! How exciting.

As for the stains, I've had much success with wetting down the stain, making a paste of oxyclean and water, and leaving it on until it dries (preferably in the sun-double duty!). I did this with some dipes I lent out to a friend, who gave them back to me with huge dark purple stains. They are now the cleanest diapers in the world.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:16 PM   #2275
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC's Mama View Post
What?! HOw did I miss that.......I'm getting the pg brain something fierce these days (I seriously feel like half of my day is spent saying things like "Where did I put that?" "What was I about to do?" "Oh crap, I forgot the _____") A girl! How sweet.....and how organized. Girl, boy, girl.....taking turns like good little siblings. Congrats, Nancy! How exciting.

As for the stains, I've had much success with wetting down the stain, making a paste of oxyclean and water, and leaving it on until it dries (preferably in the sun-double duty!). I did this with some dipes I lent out to a friend, who gave them back to me with huge dark purple stains. They are now the cleanest diapers in the world.
I am def going to try that!
Old 06-13-2011, 10:49 PM   #2276
NancyB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC's Mama View Post

Ohh la la- I will have to try that trick! so you let the paste dry in the sun? is that what I gathered?!

And thank you! We are excited too! I know a couple mamas are not thinking about babies right now, so I am attempting to keep it low profile...
Old 06-13-2011, 10:51 PM   #2277
NancyB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We are having fun discovering hoses now! (yikes!) What fun summer activities are your LOs getting into, ahem, I mean enjoying?!
Old 06-14-2011, 12:59 PM   #2278
newbiemama
Registered Users
Formerly: justanauntie

My Mood:

Quote:
We are having fun discovering hoses now! (yikes!) What fun summer activities are your LOs getting into, ahem, I mean enjoying?!
hoses, bubbles, and the grandparents new sandbox they put in their backyard. that is our summer. !!

"She is clothed with strength and dignity...
She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue...
Charm is deceptive, and beauty if fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised."
newbiemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 05:58 PM   #2279
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

We have a pool pass. Its SO hot outside here so the kids have no interest in the yard
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:09 PM   #2280
GC's Mama
Registered Users

My Mood:

We have a sprinkler that they love. The also like going to splash parks, or this grocery store we have with a big fountain where all the water comes out from the ground (if that makes sense). They have a T-ball set that they love. One bats, the other runs for the ball, then they switch....over and over and over again. We live in NW Washington, so they pretty much just like being outside when the weather's nice in general. Garrett got into our storage shed and actually set UP DH and my camping chairs, and every sunny day the boys insist on eating lunch in the chair.