Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-16-2011, 08:08 PM   #2281
jbrinkm
Registered Users
seller

Re: April 2009 DDC Mamas and Cutie Pies Chat Thread *Pic Heavy*

This blog cartoon was posted to my midwife listserv and is hilarious! Have you seen it?
http://www.amberdusick.com/woodmouse...-pictures.html

Not sure if I can post links...

If that link doesn't show up, you can type - amber dusick what it is like to (not) sleep at night - into a search engine and it will come up.

Advertisement

Old 06-20-2011, 11:54 AM   #2282
NancyB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Read the blog. Pretty funny. and sad.

Update on my stain adventure:

I did the oxyclean paste, and I will warn you that it will fade colors!!! It was also kind of rough on the fibers, it made them a little more worn in the areas that I applied.

Wet clothes + lemon juice + sunlight worked great. Out of the 40 items I had, only about 8 need a reapplication. It appears that the uv wasn't as rough on the fabric either.

We cut Tristan's hair last night. The neighbor's for sure thought we were slaughtering animals at our house.... Oy vey. He does NOT like his face or head bothered with.. He HATEs diaper changes too. Ach!
Old 06-20-2011, 01:00 PM   #2283
~Sherry~
Registered Users
seller

Hello ladies! Thought I'd pop in and try to catch up. I can't believe B will be 5 on Wednesday!

Nancy- sounds like B's first haircutting experience! That girl still hates the hair dresser.

Our outdoor activities are:
-Park (we have one .1 mile from our place) and if we go in town there are quite a few to pick from.
-We also bought a pool, it's a rectangle and inflatable and the water level is about a foot? Perfect for girls that aren't fans of getting water in their eyes and can't swim yet.
-Zoo.. we have Akron Zoo that's 45 minutes away, it's small, less than $10 a person and takes about 2 hours to walk through.
-Gardening. They love helping with it.

And then other randoms like blowing bubbles, chalk, walks, jumping on the neighbors trampoline, playing in their play house, sandbox, swing set and picking weeds.

We went to Florida for 13 days last month. Andrew and I went on a 7 day cruise (loved it!!) and the girls stayed with my Mom (she flew to Florida with us) and MIL and step-FIL at their house.

Some pictures, the first is from vacation.

~Sherry~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 08:03 PM   #2284
NancyB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Very sweet pictures!!!!

Thank you for sharing! I can't believe how big the girls are getting!!!!!

Tristan is doing very well with language development. DH is off of work for the summer now, so he gets all day with the kids. That was the tipping point for getting Tristan some more exposure to big-people language!

Kids are sharing a room now in prep for the new baby that will need a room all by herself. They seem to be having a hard time falling asleep (T is the instigator big time)and he is waking up disoriented sometimes. I think after a good week they will be doing well. I am actually really glad they are sharing a room (I looked at it as a negative before). As much as I want them TO JUST GET TO SLEEP, it is very very sweet to see them laughing and enjoying each others' company
Old 06-22-2011, 08:16 PM   #2285
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

All, please pray for my sister in law. She is in labor with 24 week twins. She has had complications since 16 weeks.

Thank you.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:46 AM   #2286
newbiemama
Registered Users
Formerly: justanauntie

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keropisunshine23 View Post
All, please pray for my sister in law. She is in labor with 24 week twins. She has had complications since 16 weeks.

Thank you.
oh gosh hope everything went OK! and that those little babies are safe and healthy!!

Cate's learned a new word/emotion... scared. she's "scared" a lot and will come cuddle in my lap and say "scared of ___" (most recently the vaccum, the neighbor's LOUD motorcycle, firecrackers) it's super cute!! i wonder if she's learned it because we also just bought her some Richard Scarry videos, so she constantly asks to 'watch Scarry!"

newbiemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:55 PM   #2287
starfiin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

oh -Summer I hope all went well for her and babes...

I haven't been around in forever- stupid "subscribe" won't tell me when there are new posts.. I have tried unsubscribing and then resubscribing...but no luck. Just have to remember to check on my own apparently...

Keaton is LOVING summer. Playing in the backyard (we have a playset, trucks, balls, sprinkler, etc.)- and we just dug up the old patio on the side of the porch to make a "muddy place" for him to just dig in the dirt and drive trucks. It's kind of toddler heaven.
He's also been really in to riding his strider bike and is balancing like a champ! It's pretty amazing to see...
We live like blocks from the zoo/amusement park, so we've basically lived there recently. Seeing all the animals and riding the little kid rides.
Parks, Splash Pads, Wading pools... all that good summer stuff!
I will have to upload some photos to photobucket tomorrow when I'm not exhausted...
Old 06-30-2011, 01:40 AM   #2288
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thank you, they are so amazing!

Jakob's sack ruptured at 16 weeks and it was suggested she terminate her pregnancy. He was not expected to have developed lungs, so it was a miracle at each ultrasound to seem him growing and competing in size with his brother.

Jame's sack ruptured last Monday and so they put her on meds to stop labor while they gave meds to help the lungs develop faster.

Both babies were born and are doing amazing! Jakob was 1lb, 11oz and James was 2lbs, 2oz and both are thriving. They were on less wires than Sofiya was when she was born. Due to their strength, my sil has already been able to start kangaroo care and she is of course pumping for them atm.

How are you mamas feeling in this heat, I always disliked the heat while preggo.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:45 AM   #2289
GC's Mama
Registered Users

My Mood:

Wow, Summer.......good to hear the babies are doing well.....those are some tiny ones!

Heat here isn't too bad, it's the Pacific Northwest. Yesterday it was gray and rainy, and I was in a sweater. Today looks like it'll be sunny but chilly. I've only ever been hugely pregnant in summer once (Garrett was born 8/31), and it was miserable, but I'm onyl 19 weeks (tomorrow, that is), so that's not too bad for me.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:25 PM   #2290
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

Big 4th plans for anyone? I really can't believe how many of our mamas are having another baby. I see facebook updates for mamas that no longer post here and I can't believe you all are so crazy! Actually, the only reason I don't have baby fever is because my kids were 15 months apart and I baby sit my niece born last August, so carting around a 3 year old, 2 year old, and a 10 month old everyday makes me crazy. lol

baby names picked out yet?