Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-09-2009, 10:40 PM   #21
ourfamilyof5
Registered Users
Formerly: jaydenandsethsmommy
seller

My Mood:
Re: April 2009 DDC Mamas and Cutie Pies Chat Thread *Pic Heavy*

Thank you Summer for finding us a new home! Do we just keep posting under this same thread continually?

My name is Nicole. I am a 35 year old SAHM to Jayden - 4 yrs, Seth - 23 months & Abigail - 12 weeks today. I have been married to my DH, Fritz for 8 years. We live in South Florida. I homeschool my oldest and plan on homeschooling all of my children. I would like to have 1 more child, I need to do a little more conviencing on my DH. He say s he'll consider it & I know that means a yes.

All 3 of my children were born c-section. I did go into labor w/ our 1st but hours upon hours of labor & his head not descending they did an emergency c-section.

Abigail was born on April 17th. Born at 7lbs, 9 oz, 18 1/2". I weighed her the other day & she ws 13.5 lbs, approx. 24". I was hoping for a small danty baby but by the looks of her she definitely isn't. She is a chunky monkey & loves to nurse! I think she will be tall like our 1st son.

I cloth diaper both my LO's. I got SO many Pamper Swaddlers as gifts even though I told people that I was doing cloth diapering. So to use them up I use disposables when we go out. She is growing so fast that I have been using them all week because I have so many left & I want to get rid of them so we can enjoy our cloth ALL the time! The cloth diapers I use on the baby are prefolds, Drybee's, Knickernappies, Thirsties & GAD's. As well as some fitteds I have sewn her.

I love having a girl - I am SO thrilled! She is mommy's little princess! She is a great baby - she has been sleeping through the night since she was 2 weeks old. She hardly cries. BUT she loves to be held which can be very hard to do when I have 2 other small children.

Here are a few pics, I wanted to post some newer ones but for some reason my camera isn't downloading the pictures onto the computer. It's 12:45 AM here & DH is sleeping so I can't get his electronic savy help!

My 2 boys holding their new sister

mama & baby

our sweet princess

Both my LO's

my oldest & my littlest

Advertisement

Last edited by ourfamilyof5; 07-09-2009 at 11:34 PM.
ourfamilyof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 03:44 PM   #22
ourfamilyof5
Registered Users
Formerly: jaydenandsethsmommy
seller

My Mood:

OK, I got my camera fixed - here aresome pics of my kids including the baby

Abigail w/ her beautiful smile

Abigail wearing her new pink diaper

Abigail's older brothers, big brother Seth, bigger brother Jayden

All 3 of my angels
Old 07-12-2009, 04:26 PM   #23
Spindle Spun
Spindle Spun - Handspun Goodness
Formerly: iamslh
seller

My Mood:

Hey mamas! So nice to have a thread to post all in one place!

My name is Sarah, age 30, living the good life in Saint Cloud, MN. I'm married to Bob the Babe the Drumset Wonder, and we have three kiddos. Sandis is 8 years old, but almost nine, Gracie is 6, and little Thia is 13 weeks. She was born at 10 lbs and she is now 13lb 15oz and 26" long. She is humongous!

My husband Bob is a professional drummer, meaning that for his work he gives drum lessons, marches on a paid drum line, and is in a paid band. He also makes custom drums, but that is on the back burner during parade season! (summer) I am in school full time for political science, hoping to start law school early 2011. I'm on my last year of school. I was laid off in February while still pregnant so chose to go back to school instead of trying to find a non-IT technical writing job in rural minnesota!

For diapers we use all natural fabrics, and love flats! We use fitteds at night though, and when we are out and about. Thia also has super power poops in the morning and afternoon, too, so I've been starting to use a fitted those times too to preserve our wool! The flats we use are sbish hemp & bamboo terry, Little Lions, cotton gauze, and Vivid Tribe tie dyed. The fitteds we LOVE are Sbish bamboo fleece and PB&E NFF. We also love Holden's Landing Bedbugs, but they are hard to find affordably! Finally, we love love love wool! We use PUL covers for day care (they can't fold prefolds worth a crap!) and then wool every other day (Thursday-Sunday) and at night.

Here is a recent picture of Thia. She isn't happy in this picture, figures. She is wearing a new pair of wool I'd bought her I have a ton of smiling and laughing pictures but I haven't uploaded them onto photobucket yet!

and here she is with daddy (in an excellent pb&e NFF, I love those dipes!)

here is the only pic I have of her smiling uploaded!

and finally all my babies!

Last edited by Spindle Spun; 07-12-2009 at 04:30 PM.
Spindle Spun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:16 AM   #24
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

yup we just keep updating on our little stinkers here

I am so tickled to see all these pics
Old 07-16-2009, 01:45 PM   #25
NancyB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi Everyone again!

I like the idea of having a thread here on DS. I find it hard to go to an offsite place. I will update more when I get home from work!!
Old 07-16-2009, 03:39 PM   #26
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sofiya is really growing into her own personality. She has been talking up a storm and starting to giggle. (She seems really late on this, but I think it is due to all the discomfort she has had.) She is very active and busy. She is 11 lbs and still in xsmalls. I am enjoying have a little girl after having two boys. After 18 weeks, I ran into my first supply issue this week. However, I made a batch of lactation cookies and cracked open my milkmaid tea and it is back in full force!

How are your babies doing?
Old 07-19-2009, 12:05 AM   #27
babygirlsmom1005
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

so we don't loose this thread
Marcie wife to Mike mom to Madeline 10/2005 , Marshall 4/2009 and surprise #3 due 9/2011
babygirlsmom1005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:28 AM   #28
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

Mamas, any updates?
Old 07-28-2009, 12:32 PM   #29
TabbySanchez07
Registered Users
seller

Jacob is getting SO big. I am betting he is 13lbs by now. He just hit 4 months old last week. He has an appt tomorrow for his 4 month check up. He laughs, rolls from his front to back, gets halfway from back to front, tries to scoot around, and still EBF. He will start rice cereal next month because I start back to school and my grandma will be watching him. It will be more of a just incase he is hungry before I make it home.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:27 PM   #30
angel95annie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi everyone!

I am Annie. David was my 2nd C-section baby. I tried for a natural birth at a birth center with a midwife, my water broke 8 days past my EDD. But after 36 hours of pain and only progressing to a 3 I begged for mercy. David was a very healthy 8lbs 15 ounces 21.5 inches long!

Lizzie is 2 years old and I tandem nursed right out of surgery. She eased into David being a part of the family as long as she could nurse while he did!
After 2 months I had a talk with her and she fully weaned without trouble, just needed my help.

For cloth diapers we use mostly PFs and PUL covers - I want more wool! I love fitteds - GMs and B4's are awesome for going coverless! I also Swellbaby OBV/OBT PFs. At night he can wear VBSNs without a cover.

I haven't weighed him lately, but his 4 month appt is next week. As of a week ago he was close to 18 pounds! He is in 6-9 month clothes, he is my chunky monkey! He is a champion sleeper, awesome eater and his personality is SHINING. He just learned how to do zerberts/raspberries with his mouth and laughs if we do it back to him. He is rolling over from back to front but gets stuck

And Lizzie so she isn't left out!

You can see in my avi that I carrying him in my Moby. I am getting a ring sling, beco butterfly and Mei Tai soon though cause he is too big for the Moby now

Bloggin' bout my crazy life at Mama Dweeb!
angel95annie is offline   Reply With Quote