Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-15-2009, 09:06 AM   #461
GC's Mama
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: April 2009 DDC Mamas and Cutie Pies Chat Thread *Pic Heavy*

Oh, Lillian, Nick so SOOOOOOO cute...love his little embroidered pocket! He also has gorgeous eyes!

Advertisement

Old 10-15-2009, 08:47 PM   #462
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sofiya is def on the move. She has been exploring all over the living room and dining room tonight. She prefers army crawling, but has been up on her hands and knees as well. She is really enjoying your new found freedom. I tried to post a video on facebook, but holy cow is it slow. I can't even post pics on facebook right now, so there must be a problem with my facebook/browser. *sigh* one of these days I'll have it all figured out. Anyway, guess I will just have to show her off here

In her llamajama jammies

getting ready to take off

Trying to reach her toes

My mil made this poncho and I dyed it

My oldest and her

Happy baby

I took some really nice ones of her tonight, but they aren't loaded yet.
Old 10-16-2009, 08:44 AM   #463
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

we have our first tooth!
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 11:08 AM   #464
lindsayncadence
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Irie has that same vest sofiya has on except hers dont fit anymore

I went to the dr today and I have to go next week for an MRI hes looking for MS and something called transverse myelitis (but by my research I really dont think that is what I have). Hoping I get some answers soon
Old 10-17-2009, 07:37 PM   #465
angel95annie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi! Long time no chat from me

David's 6 months stats: 28 inches long and 21 pounds 4 ounces - that's what I call a CHUNKY MONKEY!!

I am loving these photos!! I'll be back with a recent on for you...
For now I am recovering from a fever I got last night and my 2 year old had the same thing today!! BOOO Thankfully my mom came over to cook and clean while me and Lizzie slept all day....ugh

Bloggin' bout my crazy life at Mama Dweeb!
angel95annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 08:27 AM   #466
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisafiin View Post
Melissa-
is that a Beco in the pic of you hiking w the boys? What pattern is that? I *heart* it!
AND- I might be interested in having you knit something for Keaton... can you pm me with details?? delicious.
Nisa - it's actually a Kanga J from blookangaroo - Kirstin makes QUALITY stuff and I totally it - Dh mainly uses our Ergo, but this beauty is mine. I'm pretty sure the print is called something like Mod-hearts. I'll PM you this afternoon about some knitting

Quote:
Originally Posted by LClaire View Post
smblake - that picture of you with the kids is perfection. it totally makes me want to be friends irl with you

ETA: Meant to add some links to some reading I've been enjoying:
- A group of articles from Mothering
-http://www.mothering.com/education/h...p-every-parent
- Pioneer Woman's Homeschooling page (she's just fun! and lots of accessible info with great additions from readers in the comments)
- The Homeschooling Option (a book) - it has a lot of info to give ideas on realisitc homeschooling and figuring out if it's a good fit for your family. I'm sure there are tons of other great books out there, too, this was just the first I found that appealed to me.
Thanks Lillian - I would love to be IRL friends to all of you, seriously. Nick is such a cutie. I still sometimes giggle when I see pics of him, because he was "supposed" to be a girl , I'm still so glad you were able to find out, what a surprise that would have been, As for the hike - I'm so glad we jumped on the spontanaity of that hike, because it poured all week, which I'm sure it snowed up there and we totally wouldn't have been able to go this weekend.

Lindsey - I sure hope that everything is fine, or at least that they can pin-point the problem. You'll be in our prayers

Amy - tay is such a peanut and Annie - David is certainly a chunker , but so very cute, can't wait to see some updated pics.

As for us - Dh got his first call as primary "OB" on one of patients today, of course a day off , but I'm glad she won't have to be induced this week. I'm so proud of him. Just reaffirms why he doesn't really want to do OB in his practice some day.

Everytime I read about doctor experiences from friends on here, I always get nervous hoping that Dh is one of those family med docs that people love - you know the type that help you manage your family's healthcare without taking over - he totally doesn't have that personality (super gentle and soft-spoken) but I still worry.

As for me - I have a Max costume to make, I'm thinking of recruiting my mom to help me this week, I've got a great one that I'd like to copy - ds1 is SO excited, I hope it turns our :/

Nige is still not sitting up, he's so stubborn, he just prefers his belly and rolling. He's so fun, I had a dream last night that I fed him like a half a cup of sweet potatoes , he's never eaten anything. He has his 6th month check up this week, so we'll see how he's grown. And this week, he and I are starting "swimming lessons" while ds1 starts his first individual class without me.

have a beatiful sunday all - we are enjoying a breakfast of cinnamon rolls and eggs before church
5 angels in my heart always
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 12:00 PM   #467
GC's Mama
Registered Users

My Mood:

Ah, so Nick was the one that was supposed to be a girl....I forgot about that! Nice surprise! Owen is now a smooth crawler and pull-up-to-stand-er. If it were up to him, he'd spend all of his time practicing! At least he's mellow when he biffs it and falls on his face!

And Melissa, would you also PM me with some knitting info as well? I also loved the hiking picture....very NW (and I should know, having been a NW-erner all my life (the least NW I've lived is Ashland, OR)!

Annie, David is huge. I know him and Owen are pretty much the same size, but for some reason, I see pics of him and he always looks bigger to me! Oh, well, they say the camera adds 10 lbs !

Woot! We're actually having a sunbreak today after some serious showers (and thunder/lightning) yesterday....and how will we enjoy the sun? Yardwork! Yay!
Old 10-18-2009, 12:26 PM   #468
Spindle Spun
Spindle Spun - Handspun Goodness
Formerly: iamslh
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keropisunshine23 View Post
Sofiya is def on the move. She has been exploring all over the living room and dining room tonight. She prefers army crawling, but has been up on her hands and knees as well. She is really enjoying your new found freedom. I tried to post a video on facebook, but holy cow is it slow. I can't even post pics on facebook right now, so there must be a problem with my facebook/browser. *sigh* one of these days I'll have it all figured out. Anyway, guess I will just have to show her off here

In her llamajama jammies

getting ready to take off

Trying to reach her toes

My mil made this poncho and I dyed it

My oldest and her

Happy baby

I took some really nice ones of her tonight, but they aren't loaded yet.
summer, I love love love that poncho! It is so awesome!

I am having a button dress knit up for Thia and a pair of matching longies. I am so excited for it Lisa from Black Tree Knits is knitting it.
Old 10-18-2009, 12:44 PM   #469
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamslh View Post
summer, I love love love that poncho! It is so awesome!

I am having a button dress knit up for Thia and a pair of matching longies. I am so excited for it Lisa from Black Tree Knits is knitting it.
Thanks!
I can't wait to see pics of your custom!
Old 10-18-2009, 02:03 PM   #470
Spindle Spun
Spindle Spun - Handspun Goodness
Formerly: iamslh
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keropisunshine23 View Post
Thanks!
I can't wait to see pics of your custom!
knit and crochet stuff is so much fun!

I told hubby that I didn't think we could ever sell our knit stuff. Some of it we are so attached to!