Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-22-2009, 04:21 PM   #501
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: April 2009 DDC Mamas and Cutie Pies Chat Thread *Pic Heavy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamslh View Post
We've had the swine flu in our house more than once. There are three strains of it in this area and we've had two. The most recent one only Thia has had and it was pretty bad. Fifth day of fever, first day under 100 degrees. The third day was the worst. She hovered around 104 all day and night despite around the clock motrin and tylenol every 2 hours. I spent 4 to 5 hours doing a sponge bath and took her in the bath with me a few times. She didn't sleep for over 24 hours. Ick.
Oh, poor Thia and poor you. I remember when my son had a temp of 104, I was so worried and couldn't wait for it to go down! I actually need to go check my cabinets and make sure I have both motrin and tylenol.

Advertisement

Old 10-23-2009, 10:42 AM   #502
GC's Mama
Registered Users

My Mood:

Not much to say, just keeping us up there at the top of the list...where we belong, IMO!

Cloth diaper/playgroup is today, but due to our one car status, I'm not taking the kids in the downpour (5 miles roundtrip). So I set up an impromptu playdate instead. Fun fun Friday......what are you other mamas doing today?
Old 10-23-2009, 01:41 PM   #503
starfiin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my mom is over today so I can get some work done (WHY am I on here??? this isn't work!) It's tricky lately though cuz I think Keaton is sort of fighting some cold like bug + getting more teeth and all he wants is mama. Makes it hard to work. Or eat. Or pee. Or anything! It's kind of cool to be THE ONE who can make him feel better just by being, just by holding him... but a break occasionally would be cool, too.
Tomorrow I have two photo shoots (one was supposed to be this afternoon, but I resched. cuz of the snow) and I think Keaton and I are going to hit a consignment sale and look for some more pants for him and for some red overalls to complete his second costume (we are all going to a Halloween party and he is going to be "Mayor Bee" from Family Guy- and Stewie underneath (meaning just yellow shirt, red overalls) - I will be Meg and Ben will be Peter from the episode where Peter gets all the fat sucked out...(Ben is skinny!)
OH- also- Keaton started waving this past week. So stinking cute.
Old 10-23-2009, 02:15 PM   #504
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

We wanted to attend playgroup but of course didn't due to fevers and running noses. It is sunny here so we played outside for about three hours, just soaking up the vitamin d
Old 10-23-2009, 09:50 PM   #505
ourfamilyof5
Registered Users
Formerly: jaydenandsethsmommy
seller

My Mood:

Hi all - It's been awhile since I posted. We were gone for a week. We went to visit by Grandma in Louisiana. She is 88 years old & in frail condition so I wanted to see her, this was the 1st time she saw Abigail. She fell in love w/ her because Abigail is such a smiley baby!

Abigail is still not sitting up on her own. I have let her try a taste or 2 of some fruits but I want to try to exclusively nurse her till she is 8 months. She just recently started rolling from her tummy back onto her back. She is a chunky baby - I am assuming that's why she is not sitting up yet which is fine by me - time flies & I am not in a hurry for her to grow!

Here are some new pics of her:

How's everyone else's baby's doing?
Old 10-23-2009, 09:54 PM   #506
ourfamilyof5
Registered Users
Formerly: jaydenandsethsmommy
seller

My Mood:

I agree, I am skipping Abigail's 6 month well visit because of all the sickies going around. She is delayed with vaccines so she will be even more delayed until we go for her 8 month check up. It never fails, it seems like everytime I take my kids to the doctor's they get sick - I do not want them to get the flu & it's going around her big time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenifer View Post
i wouldnt bring a baby with no symptoms into a germ infested area like the doctors office they are crawling with germies right now....
id just watch her mama
Old 10-23-2009, 11:08 PM   #507
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ourfamilyof5 View Post
I agree, I am skipping Abigail's 6 month well visit because of all the sickies going around. She is delayed with vaccines so she will be even more delayed until we go for her 8 month check up. It never fails, it seems like everytime I take my kids to the doctor's they get sick - I do not want them to get the flu & it's going around her big time!
I just saw you on another thread today and wondered where you have been, lol
Old 10-24-2009, 03:32 PM   #508
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

hi mamas - I'm freating over here. Originally we had decided that our boys would not get vaxed for swine flu, we decided this with our pedi and together.

Dh got it because he "lives" at the hossy and it was essentially required. Initially he thought it not too big a deal, but he has seen some very scary cases of perfectly healthy people come in with it and get stuck on ventilators and such for weeks now. I think it has made him more nervous about it.

We are very proactive about healthy practices - washing hands, staying home when sick, etc. The one part that is hard is that ds1 really doesn't like very many foods with vitamin c, so I think he gets way less than he should.

I'm really stressing over this, Nige has his 6 month apt. this week, so I will for sure talk to our doc about it, but I just feel so torn and confused.

In other news, Nige is officially 6 months (yesterday) and today was so upset when we were eating lunch that he was not getting anything, so I gave in, I gave him some cherrios that he did beautifully with and a little taste of applesauce (he's had sparse tastes before). I am sad, I'm not sure why, but I am - but I intended on doing baby led weaning and just watching for his cues. I really wanted him to be able to sit unassisted before and he's not quite there yet - but he was practically begging for some food, so we have officially entered the world of solids - it's exciting and sad all at the same time. We'll take it slow and I think he will surely be a "I want to do it myself kind of kid."

My, my how fast they grow up.
5 angels in my heart always
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 05:39 PM   #509
GC's Mama
Registered Users

My Mood:

I KWYM, Melissa. Garrett was so late to get into solids, I was expecting to take my time with Owen being EBF, but he's been interested in food for awhile and loved everything we've given him. It's kind of sad how fast they grow up. I wanted him to be my boobie baby for a little bit longer. He still is, but he really digs the food.
Old 10-24-2009, 06:52 PM   #510
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

I understand your feelings Melissa.

For us it was the intention of only ever giving Sofiya breastmilk, but I can not stand pumping anymore. I am only getting half as much as I was and I refuse to pump outside of work these days I have been pumping for the better part of two years and I am just tired of it. She always gets bm when I am home and luckily it is only a couple bottles of formula a week thanks to my giant freezer stash I aquired before returning to work, but it was def a sad moment (and yet a huge release of stress) when I decided not to force myself to pump anymore.

At least I haven't really had to pay for formula yet, I had formula checks and bought the ready made small cans, so they were free. I did buy a $26 can of the special blend for milk sensitve babies for $3.14 on clearance, so that was a good score. I wish they would have had more, lol. I think it would have hit me harder if we were really going through formula and I had to buy it. Thank goodness for my freezer stash.
Keropisunshine23 is offline   Reply With Quote