Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-07-2010, 11:03 AM   #901
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: April 2009 DDC Mamas and Cutie Pies Chat Thread *Pic Heavy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyB View Post
Okay, here's another random one. I was on the pumping support forum, and one poster said she has gotten 12-14 ounces from one side a couple times!!!!! WHA!!! I didn't know that was possible. The Medela bottles are like 6.5 up to the rim, so that must have been quite a fiasco to change those bottles so much!!!
When Sofiya was first born, I could pump that much on my left side, I did have to switch bottles and of course if I didn't pay attn to my letdowns, I would always need to switch during a letdown I pumped with my bigger bottles (which hold 10oz) a couple times, but of course, they are heavier That didn't last real long though, I can only pump enough for one bottle of milk at work now. As a manager, we don't really get breaks, so I am always multi-tasking while pumping which affects relaxing.... I pump twice and would prefer to pump three times. Sofiya is getting two bottles of formula and 1 bottle of bm while i am at work now that I have run out of my freezer supply. It was very hard, but luckily, I have only had to buy one can of formula. I have used formula checks to buy the ready to eat kind and paid like 50 cents per can, which lasted most of the work week. My friends offered me their formula samples as soon as I mentioned my freezer stash was gone and one friend just gave me 13 cans so I should be set until Sofiya turns 1! It was an amazing gift from her! (Even though she didn't pay for them, she had gotten them through wic and ended up not using them because she bf and ff.)

I know I could do things to increase my supply and this was a hard decision to make, but honestly, I have three kids and simply do not want to pump at home all the time too. I used to pump and nurse Sofiya everytime, but when we would be out and about, I would be all leaky and pained because she could only eat off the one side. It was time consuming and stressful. I feel lessed stressed now. I still feel bad about not ebf, but she is happy and healthy, so no need to feel guilty.

Happy belated birthday, Amy!

Sofiya loves the bath! We take more showers together than she gets bath, but she is a water baby.

Advertisement

Old 01-07-2010, 10:10 PM   #902
NancyB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Summer, I know what you mean about the stress about trying to keep up bf when working. Pumping takes a lot of time- and the cleaning bottles, parts when getting home?! That is so much work! It was too much for me with A by 10 months and stress at work, so we switched to formula full time at that point. I felt very relieved and guilty all at the same time. You are right though, no need to feel guilty. Why is there so much guilt laden in being a mom?

I am very lucky that circumstances now are more favorable (work is closer to home, less stressful). I think I we'll make it to 12 months and then I'll continue to pump, but less frequently, til 15 months. I'll just make up what ever difference I don't make in whole milk once he is one year. I think I am trying to make up for A a little bit (plus I think T is our last, so I want to hold on to every last bit of that relationship).

Summer- I love your quote under your username HAHAHAHA

Last edited by NancyB; 01-07-2010 at 10:13 PM.
NancyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:26 PM   #903
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am hoping these past two days mean progress in our housecleaning.... Lol, I have gotten 11 loads of laundry put away I am pretty good about washing, but I hate putting them away.

I have been having troubles with my two year old being over agressive, so I have also been trying to give him extra one on one time, which is making Sofiya clingy. such is life!
Old 01-08-2010, 02:04 PM   #904
lindsayncadence
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keropisunshine23 View Post
I am hoping these past two days mean progress in our housecleaning.... Lol, I have gotten 11 loads of laundry put away I am pretty good about washing, but I hate putting them away.

I have been having troubles with my two year old being over agressive, so I have also been trying to give him extra one on one time, which is making Sofiya clingy. such is life!
So you mean I am really NOT the only one with a cluttered house?? I try so hard to clean but then Cadence brings stuff out and Irie wants mama. I do wear her a lot but its hard for me to bend over to pick things up with her on me. ( I get lightheaded bending over anyways). Today I am trying to do four loads of laundry and put them away. Go through my clothes and get rid of things, vaccum, dishes and clean cadences room and go through Iries clothes...BLAHHHH. I HAVE to get it done though then I need to put our christmas things away. I am going to be gone almost all day tomorrow bc I have to drive to the airport to pick up Nicks cousin and I would like my house to be clean when I come home.

Anyones LO's starting to repeat words back to you?? I think Irie will really be a chatterbox. I am constantly just talking to her and she really talks back. We call her "bug" its just a nickname but at dinner one night I was cooling her food down and she was saying "mmm bug mmm bug" (wanted her food lol) and then I took a sip of pepsi and she said "mm bug pop" haha shes so cute. I love watching her grow and learn its so amazing
Old 01-08-2010, 03:25 PM   #905
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

no talking here just lots of "singing"
Old 01-08-2010, 03:28 PM   #906
~Sherry~
Registered Users
seller

No talking here either. I mean, she'll say Mama or Dada with prompting. She will repeat sounds or lip smacking. Or screaming. That's her favorite .
~Sherry~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 03:29 PM   #907
GC's Mama
Registered Users

My Mood:

Owen babbles a lot, says "mmm", "mama", "dada" and buh-buh (brother). At least, I think he does.

Owen now has two teeth and is standing. He'll pull up on something, let go, and just stand there. He'll even stand there for a minute or so, and try to take a step, then fall on his chunky butt!
Old 01-08-2010, 03:35 PM   #908
~Sherry~
Registered Users
seller

Aww!! She'll stand next to something and smack it . I had her standing for about 10 seconds yesterday before she fell back into my hands.

I switched carseats yesterday on Madelyn.

From the infant carrier:
Coming home

Now:

To Breanna's old spare seat (by "old" I mean B's outgrown it. Not it's an old seat . It just turned 3 )
Old 01-08-2010, 04:28 PM   #909
Spindle Spun
Spindle Spun - Handspun Goodness
Formerly: iamslh
seller

My Mood:

Thia has a couple words that I know for certain she says

She says mama
and she says mmmmmmmm for ummy
And she says up
and she says down

So four little words not that mmmmmmmmmm is really a word. But mama is my favorite, because she said it before dada
Old 01-08-2010, 04:37 PM   #910
~Sherry~
Registered Users
seller

Sarah, every time I see your username I get confused because my initials are SLH. The first time I noticed it I said "I am SLH too!"