Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-29-2009, 04:44 PM   #1
Tania
Registered Users

Twins climbing out of crib - what do I do??

My almost 26 month old twin boys have learned recently to climb out of theirs cribs. I presently have them in the same room and they climb out and go crazy running around. What I've done for the past two nights is sit in the room and tell them to lie down everytime they get up. Is this pretty much what everyone else does? I can't think of any other solution. We are considering getting them big boy beds but I have a feeling it would be an even bigger party time at night if we did that. We also have a guest room so could split them up but I didn't really want to do that unless I absolutely had to. It's too bright in the guest room in the morning, gets way too hot at night and is not baby-proofed at all. What do all you mamas who have BTDT do??

Advertisement

Tania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 04:47 PM   #2
missydawn
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: Twins climbing out of crib - what do I do??

I wouldn't split them up you are just asking for more problems. They are use to having each other there. It is just time for big boy beds. I would trnasition them to new beds and do what you are doing. Just keep putting them back in their beds. Tell them that it is bed time and they need to lay down. Yes the first week or two is not going to be fun but if you keep at it they will get it. Good luck mama.
missydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 04:59 AM   #3
BlsdMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'd split them up in big boy beds, but I don't HAVE twins so I have no idea if that would be better or worse so take that advice for what it's worth - about two cents. :P

Be firm, be consistent. It's a matter of training that they must lie down and go to sleep. It will become a habit if you're consistent. And just think ahead and know that your training will pay off and you'll have SUCH peaceful nights ahead of you!
Old 07-01-2009, 09:59 AM   #4
Tania
Registered Users

Thanks for the suggestions! I've been doing some research online and I've found that most people with twins either put them in big kid beds and split them up (if possible) or put crib tents on at this point. If they were a lot younger I would maybe consider crib tents but they're 2 now and they just need to learn to sleep and stay in a big boy bed. We're going on a 2 week vacation starting next week so I'm just going to continue sitting in their room right now and making sure they don't climb out and then when we get home we'll get the big boys beds and make the guest room into one of theirs. Thanks again for the suggestions!!
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote