Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-05-2009, 11:29 PM   #31
jesusismyjoy
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: I got another virus off of here

Just as a reminder, if you DO get a pop up here (or anywhere) don't click it. When it pops up hit CTRL-ALT-DEL on your keyboard and that will open the task manager. When the task manager opens, click applications and highlight whatever browser you are using. Then click end task.

If you already have something on your computer you may try downloading malwarebytes to try and clean it. It's a free program that I've been using for about a year now.

http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebyte...=dl&tag=button

Advertisement

Old 07-06-2009, 06:53 AM   #32
~Tracy~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesusismyjoy View Post
Just as a reminder, if you DO get a pop up here (or anywhere) don't click it. When it pops up hit CTRL-ALT-DEL on your keyboard and that will open the task manager. When the task manager opens, click applications and highlight whatever browser you are using. Then click end task.

If you already have something on your computer you may try downloading malwarebytes to try and clean it. It's a free program that I've been using for about a year now.

http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebyte...=dl&tag=button

That would be an ideal solution IF it worked. The malware Diaperswappers put on my laptop disables task manager. You CAN'T CTRL-ALT-DEL and you CAN'T add/remove programs. So downloading anything is IMPOSSIBLE.

My husband had to physically take my laptop apart, remove my harddrive, take off 3 essential files and he's going to have to completely wipe my laptop off with a system restore. It's a complete PITA, he is NOT happy. He worked on it several hours last night and is completely pissed off. He wants me to report this site to Google & Firefox for spreading malware viruses.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:45 AM   #33
Pickingitup
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tracy~ View Post
That would be an ideal solution IF it worked. The malware Diaperswappers put on my laptop disables task manager. You CAN'T CTRL-ALT-DEL and you CAN'T add/remove programs. So downloading anything is IMPOSSIBLE.

My husband had to physically take my laptop apart, remove my harddrive, take off 3 essential files and he's going to have to completely wipe my laptop off with a system restore. It's a complete PITA, he is NOT happy. He worked on it several hours last night and is completely pissed off. He wants me to report this site to Google & Firefox for spreading malware viruses.
Maybe that would cause the owners of Diaperswappers to take notice? I can't believe they don't care that the people who frequent this site are risking their computers. I was thinking of becoming a site supporter but I am rethinking that if they can't get this mess under control.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:17 AM   #34
EmilyAnn86
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I got a virus on here a few days ago. This is the 2nd time it happened. The first time was a little over a year ago, the day after my son was born.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:54 AM   #35
rebelmommy
Unresolved transaction issue! Removed from FSOT and co-ops

My Mood:

I finally got mine fixed last night! It wouldn't let you open anything to fix it. Its like it knew!!!!! freaky! i kept trying to download Malwarebytes antimalware & it got rid of the Antivirus Pro crap.
As for the annoying Symantec pop ups, I just deleted Norton & downloaded Avast. I scanned my computer to make sure nothing was left & now its working like a dream.
[FONT="Century Gothic"]Amethyst - Mommy to Hunter 6.28.07 and Willow 12.06.10 Recovering from home life issues and hoping to regain the memories lost from multiple seizures. I am trying to fix things and resolve negative transactions. Please PM me if you have any questions or issues. Thanks!
Old 07-10-2009, 03:27 PM   #36
ParamedicMama
Registered Users
Formerly: Rachel**t
seller
seller

Did ya'll get it off of the main website, or a particular page or post?

Making an almost FT WAHM income--ASK ME if you want help doing the same!!!!
Life More Simply Blog
ideas, reviews, and giveaways to help you live life more simply in the real world!
October's Heart : my journey out of domestic violence
Old 07-11-2009, 07:28 AM   #37
sillygirl
Banned

My Mood:

It took me forever, but I found where the trojan is and what I have to do is whenever I turn on my puter I have to go to running processes and cut it off. Another weird thing is that every single time I start my puter up it goes to check disc! I cannot defrag anymore. Also my puter is now Real slow. Also every once in a while a page that I want to go to will not load and some weird random page will appear.
Old 07-11-2009, 07:30 AM   #38
sillygirl
Banned

My Mood:

I also went to trend micro and did their home scan and it came up with a ton of trojans and keyloggers.
Old 07-11-2009, 10:06 AM   #39
TuthGuru
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i just got my laptop back a few days ago from having it wiped out and reimaged due to spyware picked up here. i'm browsing with mozilla firefox this time around to see if it makes any difference. i really hope it does!

Old 07-11-2009, 10:13 AM   #40
Lisa_delo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So are the DS owners doing anything to stop this from happening yet?

We have had two virus's this past week, my DH is pissed!
Closed Thread