Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-30-2009, 03:50 PM   #1
booty hunter
Queen of Funny Auotcorrects
seller
seller

My Mood:
Wre your pregnacy symptoms stronger with twins ?

Did you have more morning sickness, more tired ,or did you not really notice any difference right away from a singleton pregnancy?

Advertisement

Last edited by booty hunter; 06-30-2009 at 04:03 PM.
booty hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 04:27 PM   #2
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Wre your pregnacy symptoms stronger with twins ?

I answered in your pregnancy thread.
Old 06-30-2009, 05:50 PM   #3
Tania
Registered Users

Morning sickness was about the same in the beginning but seemed to drag on a lot longer. I have a hard time comparing the fatigue because I was working during my singleton pregnancy but was home with a toddler during my twin pregnancy. I just remember being really tired for both!!
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 08:28 PM   #4
lisastwins2002
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have been pg 4 times so far. The first one ended in m/c at 12w and I had absolutely no morning sickness at all. My second pg was my first set of twins and I just felt sick for about 8 weeks total. I didn't find out I was pg until 8w and saw twins on the u/s at 9w. My cycle was confused so I didn't O for about 2.5 months (which is why I didn't know I was pg). My 3rd pg was my singleton DD and the first pg I actually threw up. I was sick for about 10 weeks with her. My 4th pg was my second set of twins (now 3 months old) and I started feeling crappy the day I got my BFP. I figured it was just because it was my 4th pg. Saw my doctor at 6w, he said I felt big, saw twins on u/s at 7w. Lasted from 4w until about 18w, then went away for good.

GL!
Lisa, SAHM to twin DD's 1/2/02, DD 6/13/07, b/g twins 4/5/09, girl #5 arrived on 5/26/10!!
*** Be my SwagFriend ***
lisastwins2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 08:13 AM   #5
mammaof??
Registered Users

My Mood:

my twins pregnancies were pregnancies 4 & 5 for me. all I really remember is being more tired at the beginning, but maybe that's b/c I had so much else going on and I was working full time with the first set. Second set, we moved into our house and I packed, moved, unpacked, painted, etc... other than that my twin pregnancies have all been very healthy and normal. Both sets arrived at 39 weeks and were born at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisastwins2002 View Post
I have been pg 4 times so far. The first one ended in m/c at 12w and I had absolutely no morning sickness at all. My second pg was my first set of twins and I just felt sick for about 8 weeks total. I didn't find out I was pg until 8w and saw twins on the u/s at 9w. My cycle was confused so I didn't O for about 2.5 months (which is why I didn't know I was pg). My 3rd pg was my singleton DD and the first pg I actually threw up. I was sick for about 10 weeks with her. My 4th pg was my second set of twins (now 3 months old) and I started feeling crappy the day I got my BFP. I figured it was just because it was my 4th pg. Saw my doctor at 6w, he said I felt big, saw twins on u/s at 7w. Lasted from 4w until about 18w, then went away for good.

GL!

Mama to my amazing 8: 9, 7, 6, 4, 4 2, 2, AND Newbie, born 5/30/11- last 6 all born at home. Loving the babymoon!
mammaof?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 06:23 PM   #6
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My twin pregnancy wasn't different in reguards to symptoms. I didn't start getting sick until I was already 9wks pregnant and it lasted until I was about 16wks. With my others it started right away and lasted a lot longer.
I did have reflux towards the end because of lack of room, but aside from that it was actually my easiest pregnancy by far! LOL
Old 07-06-2009, 07:08 AM   #7
Breakaleg
Registered Users
Formerly: mindyholthaus
seller

Wow. Everyone is so different!!! I have had 2 pregnancies. First was twin girls (fraternal), second was singleton boy. I was sick for the first 20 weeks with the girls, throwing up throughout the morning. I felt sick with my boy for the first 20 weeks but I never actually threw up. It was like the same pregnancy but the twin pgncy was just twice as intense. Like gums bleeding, carpal tunnel, etc - all more intense.
Breakaleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 08:33 AM   #8
Tania
Registered Users

I forgot to mention that my carpal tunnel was terrible with my twin pregnancy!
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:57 AM   #9
Mamatoabunch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My twin pregnancy was one of my easiest pregnancies. Little MS, not terribly tired.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:58 AM   #10
BlsdMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm glad you asked. We haven't had twins yet, but my, the morning sickness this time around IS much worse than ever before. Not actually throwing up but just the constant nausea. And for me to STILL feel awful at 13 weeks is practically unheard of. I'm definitely NOT bigger, and I doubt I'm more or less tired, but that for me is a change. And it made me wonder this same question...

Guess we won't know for a bit now will we?