Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-27-2006, 09:45 AM   #1
Shannon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
4 weeks today

Thats how long I've been breastfeeding DD. And I'm still dealing with this painful crap. Geez, this is the longest I've ever had to deal with this.

I've been taking my antibiotics for 9 days now...I started them last Monday night. And I'm supposed to take them for 14 days, althought the Dr said if at 10 days I was feeling better I could stop...well I dont' see that happening. My breast is still constantly throbbing...even when she's not eating. It tries to seal up inbetween feedings but as soon as she eats it sucks it right back open and hurts like CRAZY the whole time. I'm worn out from this. I just really want to be able to enojoy the whole thing without the pain...like the other side. Its such a pleasure to nurse her on that side...I pray that this is over soon but I just don't see how this wound is ever going to heal if she just keeps sucking it open every feeding.

Now I am using my antibiotics and Bag Balm on the nipple to help close it up.

Sorry, just wanted to vent because I really thought I'd be over this rough start hump by now

Advertisement

Marrying my wonderful Fiancee' Rodney on 6/26/20010
[/COLOR]Expecting to TTC in July 2010
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 09:52 AM   #2
greenkmt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: 4 weeks today

I am sorry that it is so tough on you. remember all the good that you are doing and try to stick with it Mamma!

DOULA in training!

HCG Diet works! Ask me how.
greenkmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 09:55 AM   #3
Fuzzi Fannies Creations
Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers
seller

My Mood:

You are doing sooo great mama.. keep it up!!! I did it for longer than you because I did not get help right away... so your doing the right thing and it will heal up soon.. and in the mean time.. just think of what a wonderful thing you are doing for your baby.. and your pocketbook GOOD JOB!!!
Old 12-27-2006, 10:01 AM   #4
Leininger27
Banned

My Mood:

mama! Hope it heals soon! Congrats on the 4 week mark through everything though!
Leininger27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 10:31 AM   #5
ShayneLeMaster
no caption needed
seller

My Mood:

Congrats... way to go.. I never thought I would have passed my 6m mark... I wanted to .. but I didnt BF my daugther and no one in my family has ever BF.. so my support was unexeperianced.. family supported my decision.. but just didnt know how to help.. ya know? so i was thinking it's gonna be sooo hard and I couldnt do it.. but .... it's nice.. going smooth.. I cant drink any coca-cola...if I want to sleep but way to go mama...
Old 12-27-2006, 11:13 AM   #6
Julesmom23girls
Banned

My Mood:

I went through that with 2 of my DD, well minus needing antibiotics. Just when I thought it would never get better it did. If you can talk to a LC about getting a better latch that might help. Also if you can find some Soothie pads they feel so wonderful. Especially when you just finish nursing and you put them on they are cool and it feels so much better. I don't think I would have survived w/ out them. Check w/ a pharmacy or store that rents pumps they should carry them.
Julesmom23girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 02:29 PM   #7
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

Have you contacted anyone from your local LLL? Or an LC at your hospital? The first 6 weeks are the toughest, but if you're in this much pain, even when she isn't nursing, there has to be something more going on.

Hang in there! And call someone else right away!
tararaboomdeea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 03:55 PM   #8
camperjen
Registered Users
seller

I'm assuming you have blister or a scab on your nipple? OUCH!! I had that for over a week when my son was a new-newborn (he's 3.5 weeks now).

My LLL leader told me to use Neosporin on it once every 2 hours - and there's a new fomula of Neosporin which also includes pain relief. It was a god-send!!! I suggest getting that and trying it out - my scabs (on both nips) cleared up in about 4-5 days - and the Neo doesn't have to be wiped off before feeding your kid unless you put it on within the past 30 minutes (if it's been longer than 30 minutes then most of it has already soaked in, said my LLL leader).

I hope you clear up soon!! That's a total pain... pun intended.
Old 12-27-2006, 04:14 PM   #9
somersocial
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sorry about the pain and I hope it resolves soon!
Old 12-27-2006, 04:19 PM   #10
MamaMel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

MamaMel is offline   Reply With Quote