Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-02-2009, 08:43 AM   #1
clothmomof3
Registered Users
seller

Going out of town

So DH is taking me to Branson next week for our 10 year anniversary We are getting a sitter for our 2 older kiddos,but, he is pressuring me to find someone for DS who is exclusively BF and only 12 weeks old. As much as Id like it to be just the 2 of us, I am wondering if this will ruin DS from the breast.... I am afraid he wont go back on after 2 days off. We will be gone thurs, friday and be back on saturday. Any suggestions on how to tell DH w/o causing a big.. "cut the cord" fight He is very supportive of BFing but Im not sure he understands how this could ruin mine and DSs BFing relationship
HELP

Advertisement

Old 07-02-2009, 08:53 AM   #2
nikkiemom2emmy
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Going out of town

I guess just tell him. I told DH in the very beginning I don't plan on leaving DD and I'm not sure when/if I will feel comfortable doing it. He has tried to get me to a few times but gave up. I'm a very moody person though and he just would rather not fight than try to get me to.

If you feel OK leaving him though you should go ahead, I think by that age they should be able to go back and forth bottle to breast. GL!!
Old 07-02-2009, 09:00 AM   #3
dmj
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would tell him that you can easily bring the newest lo and he probably still sleeps a lot. You could also see if you can get a sitter to come with you and stay in the same hotel. This person could do all the other stuff for lo, except nurse. I would also tell dh that if you don't bring the baby you will have to pump. If you have a sling or other baby carrier you could bring baby almost any where. You can also promise a kid free trip after lo is weaned.
Best of luck to you. Always follow your mom heart/feelings.
dmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:30 AM   #4
clothmomof3
Registered Users
seller

Thanks mamas! Im going to see if my grandmother would want to go with us and keep him when we go to Silver Dollar city so we can ride the rides and stuff. I have a wrap and a stroller, so he is easily portable, it is just SO hot this time of year.... It would me PERFECT if granny wil go with us and then she can get her own room for night time... DS sleeps all night so that wont be a problem
Any other advice? You guys are awesome!
Old 07-02-2009, 09:43 AM   #5
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

i think it sounds like a good plan
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 01:48 PM   #6
etsdtm99
Registered Users
seller

Ooo Silver Dollar City!! Branson!! fun!

anyway, there is no way i'd leave a LO that young .. bringing Granny is perfect. . - though did you know SDC has air conditioned nursing rooms with rocking chairs? (like, all over the park, i think there are 4 of them. maybe 5) we were just there last weekend with my two kids, though it was 'only' in the upper 80s .. we started bringing DS there when he was 2 weeks old (last summer) and he did great hanging out with my mom while I rode rides and played with my DD ..

anyway, if you went to SDC for a day without your LO, you'd even have to bring your pump there.. the whole pumping thing sounds a lot worse to me than bringing the baby and a grandma ..

have fun!
Old 07-03-2009, 08:28 AM   #7
clothmomof3
Registered Users
seller

Wel granny cant go... so DH will just have to deal with DS coming along I am glad to hearthey have nursing rooms around
Old 07-03-2009, 08:33 AM   #8
igloomom
Registered Users

IMO two days away will interfere with BF. I'm lucky that mine will switch from bottle to boob, but some babies once they get the bottle they don't want to go back to the boob. The flow is easier and faster from a bottle, so they may want that instead of having to work harder bfeeding.

Have fun on vaca!
igloomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:43 AM   #9
igloomom
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by clothmomof3 View Post
Wel granny cant go... so DH will just have to deal with DS coming along I am glad to hearthey have nursing rooms around
Nursing rooms are great for nosey nursers or those who would rather use them than sit in public, but, I'm not sure what code in the States is, but here in Canada it's against the Human Rights Code to ask a nursing mom to cover up or move. Your baby has the right to eat. Nothing wrong with feeding a hungry babe in public.

Oh, not enought posts to put the proper link in, www in front.

.infactcanada.ca/Breastfeeding_Rights.htm
igloomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:42 AM   #10
clothmomof3
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by igloomom View Post
Nursing rooms are great for nosey nursers or those who would rather use them than sit in public, but, I'm not sure what code in the States is, but here in Canada it's against the Human Rights Code to ask a nursing mom to cover up or move. Your baby has the right to eat. Nothing wrong with feeding a hungry babe in public.

Oh, not enought posts to put the proper link in, www in front.

.infactcanada.ca/Breastfeeding_Rights.htm
I always NIP but it has been SO hot around here that the NR with AC will be a bit of relief