View Poll Results: Do you use nursing cover in public?
Always 36 17.22%
Sometimes 36 17.22%
Rarely 30 14.35%
Never 102 48.80%
Other 5 2.39%
Voters: 209. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-01-2009, 06:10 PM   #11
revolekim
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Do you use a nursing cover in public?

Before I had a baby, I didn't think I'd even be able to nurse in front of my mom. Of course, being pregnant takes away pretty much every shred of modesty with fifty million people looking at me EVERYWHERE. I only nursed in public a few times, but I did use a cover. I know it makes people uncomfortable so I tried to be as discrete as possible. However, if I was in my car, I didn't 'cause I feel like if they don't want to see me nursing, they shouldn't be looking into my car.

Advertisement

Liz , wife to Mike and semi-crunchy mama to 4 little ones: Gehrig the minecrafter (04/08), Logan a.k.a. "Pigpen" (06/10), princess pumpkin Katie Rose (10/12), and chipmunk Lexi (06/14) I've been cloth diapering for 7 years straight!
::www.chipmunkandco.com::
revolekim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 06:16 PM   #12
fourstac
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I wear BOOB clothes exclusively and they cover all your bits and bites and provide real coverage and ease of nursing. I couldn't live without them!
Stacy: semi-crunchy/silly wife to Alex WAHM to home-waterbirthed perfect DD, Parker, (11/07) and new DS (10/10) Co-sleeping, non-vaxing, BFing, APing, coffee-drinking, deal-obsessing, dog-loving 100% Mom.
www.facebook.com/parkerbuttonspage Fresh Sewn goodness-handcrafted bags
fourstac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 06:29 PM   #13
ajanele
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I usually have a blanket with me, but I just use it to maneuver the goods and get ds latched because I refuse to wear "nursing" clothes , he usually grabs at the blanket and pulls it off anyways.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:33 PM   #14
gentle.mama
Registered Users

My Mood:

Nope, no nursing cover..ever! Breastfeeding is normal, natural, beautiful, and not to be hidden. Babies do not like hot covers or blankets on their heads making them hot and re-breathing carbon dioxide, either. Not to mention that nursing under a blanket/cover screams "look at me, nursing baby over here!" Nooo.... for my own personal modesty (modest catholic, also wears headcovering) I wear nursing shirts or nursing camis under shirts.
gentle.mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 06:34 PM   #15
dmj
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I wore bf clothing with #2, but now I love Glammour Mom and Bravado tanks! They cover the tummy area which is more important than the breasts (for me)
dmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 06:37 PM   #16
Gitrecca
Registered Users

I always cover in public with my sling. I do it for other peoples comfort. I don't think it's necessary because I can actually nurse discretely. However, whenever I've mentioned that to my husband, he has stated that it makes him uncomfortable and he thinks it's important to cover when we're out. So I do.
Gitrecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 07:21 PM   #17
shelbell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I used to but never do anymore. DD is 22 months and we nurse wherever we are, no cover. I'm with the mama's that want to cover their tummies more then their breasts. I always wear a nursing tank under a top or nursing tops so that I'm not hanging out all over.
shelbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 07:24 PM   #18
MarineGurl020412
Registered Users

My Mood:

I do sometimes depending on where we are. If we are somewhere where there are lots of people then yes usually. Mainly b/c DD likes to pull my shirt up and completely expose me.

"Your intuition is a better guide than everyone else's opinion of how you should do it."
MarineGurl020412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 07:32 PM   #19
looking8186
Registered Users
seller
seller

Never... It would bug me and I feel like it just screams nursing more than simply nursing discreetly. But that's just for me personally.. I think that for some people they work really well! But I do make sure to cover things up with my shirt/belly band/zip up hoodie. I like to cover my tummy It was actually really funny one time I was nursing my lo at church and an older lady came up and was looking at her very intently and getting pretty close.... She then said, "Oh she's sleeping huh?" and because I know her relatively well I chuckled a little, smiled and said, "She's actually nursing!" The lady blushed and was like "Oh I'm sooo sorry! I couldn't even tell" I just giggled and replied that that was how I wanted it to be

Last edited by looking8186; 07-01-2009 at 07:34 PM.
looking8186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 07:35 PM   #20
Samo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

no never. i was going to buy a cover but never got around to it, i guess i dont need it lol i just whip it out . My friend gave me the For crying out loud shirt that says "stick around for the show, i nurse in public." that's all the covering i need

Last edited by Samo; 07-01-2009 at 07:36 PM.
Samo is offline   Reply With Quote