Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-22-2006, 10:45 AM   #11
Mindi
Its a Mindi thing... you wouldn't understand
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Boys!!??

OMG you guys are funny! I have 3 boys and the oldest is 10 and constantly has his hands in his pockets......says his leg itches....YEA RIGHT! My youngest grabs his all the time when he is being changed too. My dd and I are stuck here too with all the male stuff!

Advertisement

Old 05-22-2006, 01:29 PM   #12
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovinmy2boys
Oh, I don't think it ever gets better. It's a love affair with the weenie. My 5 year old doesn't like to wear underwear because "Mom, I like to feel the breeze on my penis!".
That is funny! My 15 month old loves his penis dearly, too. My best friend's daughter is just 6 weeks older--well, she has the hardest time changing her daughter's diaper because she will just not lie still. As long as my son can play with his penis, he will lie on the floor forever! I have put a diaper on over his hand before, though, because he just wouldn't move it.
Old 05-22-2006, 01:57 PM   #13
*~Mindy~*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yup, totally have that going on, he can say penis, and if its up he has to show ya, he points at it and grins, and is like "look what i got" all proud like, kwim? its like...
hes now realized thats the same thing daddys got too so he will point at thomass and then point at his own and smile all huge too. so weird! ive hafd yto do the dipe over the hand thing too. and if hes naked i try to put a dipe on him, he will run away shaking his head holding his penis. sometimes its irritating. thomas and my gf are constantly telling him to put it away cause we dont want to see it out all the time, and to go play with it somewhere else if he wants to play with it so bad lol!!
oh and my first us, he had his hand on it then too! he stuck his tongue out and kept grabbing it and poking me with his other hand and toes when she was looking! :lol: i was right at 29 weeks pregnant then LOL
*~Mindy~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 03:09 PM   #14
MamaLove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm glad to know my little guy isn't the only one!
Old 05-22-2006, 08:37 PM   #15
bethkay
Registered Users

My Mood:

Mine likes his too. When he takes a bath it is his favorite toy.

My pedetrician said it was a natural instinct for boys to grab their penises in order to protect them from danger. Hence the circle of life will continue.
bethkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 08:55 PM   #16
Prettylocks
Registered Users
seller

Too funny! Yep, my boys (9 months, 2 yrs 9 months, and 27 yrs) are all pretty impressed with their boy parts. The only time it bothers me is when the 9 month old graps his stuff when I am changing a poopy diaper Ya'll know what I am talking about!
Prettylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 09:08 PM   #17
pfratz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My three year old has hit this stage :lol and my six year old sometimes reverts back to it, too. I just tell him.. take it to your bedroom. lol
Old 05-22-2006, 09:56 PM   #18
falcon2
Registered Users
seller

Oh boy! Yikes! I have a lot to look forward too, eh? My son is 5 months, but hasn't found it yet (fingers crossed he will stay occupied elsewhere for a while). Not that it would bother me terribly. Just wanted to add my about girls. My daughter has been at it since 2.5 years old and we are finally to the point where she knows she needs to go to her bedroom for her "alone time." We used to call it "private time," but then she would say that when we were out visiting and everyone knew what she was talking about , so somehow we transistioned into saying she was "doing her own thing." Like letting her flag fly, you know? So, that's what she calls it. And I tell her, "if you've got to 'do your own thing' go up to your bedroom and do it." I don't care one way or another what she is up too, as long as it doesn't become an obsession. I guess that's the aspect of the winky-pulling I kinda get freaked out about--you know? Theres a time/place for everything, and yanking it in the living room while company's over isn't cool! (My daughter did that when she was little--like 2-3 years old--not many people knew what she was up too, but boy did I know!). I try not to get embarrassed over it, I know it's normal, but how to draw that line between listening to what you say about "doing it in your room" and not doing it at all, is a fine line and hard to navigate with kids. I don;t want her feeling bad, but I also don;t want anyone pointing fingers or making fun of her either. Thankfully, I think now we have it under control. We had such a time with that scene, I can't imagine a BOY! ACK! Buckle up, I guess...
Thanks for the stories!
Old 05-23-2006, 05:19 PM   #19
babydirtybike
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovinmy2boys
Oh, I don't think it ever gets better. It's a love affair with the weenie. My 5 year old doesn't like to wear underwear because "Mom, I like to feel the breeze on my penis!". My 5 month old constantly grabs his and laughs hysterically. My husband thinks this is all hilarious. The only other female in the house besides me is the dog, and she doesn't really count because she's fixed. I'm all alone in a sea of testosterone........
Oh my crap, did I laugh at that "breeze on the penis". I don't think my dh has moved on from that phase
DD Maria November 2/2010

New baby coming March 2013!
babydirtybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 07:30 PM   #20
SandyG
Moderator at heart, but no longer moderator
The best way I know of to win an argument is to start by being in the right
seller

i must have a wierdo cuz he dont play with himself .
rarely he will at bathtime, but uhmm nope. ok. tell me why is that ???
SandyG is offline   Reply With Quote