Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-22-2006, 08:15 AM   #1
GrowingUpMad
If everyone was the same the world would be a VERY boring place.
seller

My Mood:
Question Cramping????

Okay, let me start from the top. I am 25 weeks pregnant with baby #3 and while my last pregnancy was high risk (and they consider this one high risk because of that) this pregnancy has been going fairly smooth.

Yesterday I go the urge to rearrange the furniture in the front room and dh wasn't home to help me. I moved the all the furniture being careful not to strain but that darn coffee table had to be lifted to get it into place. Everything else slid pretty easily. Then I went to Costco and started cramping so bad it brought tears to my eyes. I went home and rested (did some sewing) and was feeling pretty good just tired. Then I went to work where I was on my feet and the cramping started again. I got home and put my feet up adn felt fine until I went to lay down, the cramping started again. It felt low in the stomach, almost like a bm was in store. I tried to go potty but couldn't complete the mission (seems to be the case for a while now). Today I am feeling pretty good, no cramping but then again I haven't tried to do anything including long standing or walking.

So I ask do you think that I am just a bit constipated or should I call the ob? There is no bleeding and it's not making me double over in pain. I can still feel Lilly moving around and my appetite and thrist is still there. LMK please!! I have never really been constipated so I am not familiar with that feeling.

Advertisement

Old 05-22-2006, 08:51 AM   #2
1bigfamily
Registered Users
seller

Re: Cramping????

That sounds like how I felt when I was constipated during my third pregnancy. You can take Maalox according to package directions and you should go by the end of the day, if you still have cramping after that I would call the OB. Maalox is safe during pregnancy. That is what I had to take on a dialy basis to prevent constipation!
Old 05-22-2006, 10:47 AM   #3
Fuzzi Fannies Creations
Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers
seller

My Mood:

I would personally call the doct.... just to be safe! They are very helpful even when your symptoms are nothing... better to be safe than sorry!
Old 05-22-2006, 10:55 AM   #4
hfitz5051
Let the rabbits wear glasses!
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzi Fannies Creations
I would personally call the doct.... just to be safe! They are very helpful even when your symptoms are nothing... better to be safe than sorry!

Same here. I would rather call and it be nothing, then not call and it be something.
Old 05-22-2006, 10:56 AM   #5
FunnyMonkey
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'd call the doc, just to be sure it's ok.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:24 AM   #6
2sweetboys
Registered Users
seller
seller

If it is constipation, I would go get a Fleet enema. They are by no means fun, but it will give you instant results. I had to use one with my first pregnancy. I was told not to take Maalox, but I would ask your doc. My doc provides a list of over-the-counter stuff you can take without calling them first, that was really helpful. If I can find it I will PM it to you if you want it.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:14 PM   #7
~stacy~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I took metamucil fiber during my pregnancy to keep me on track with things. Not a ton, probably about a half dose once or twice a day at most. But I also vote to call the doctor. What's the worst that can happen? Definitely better safe than sorry.

GL!