Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-04-2009, 06:30 PM   #11
angel0123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: "Depends" for first couple days postpartum?

what are these mesh panties you US mamas use?

We get nothing at the cdn hossys I just use over night maxis and change often.

Advertisement

Old 07-05-2009, 09:00 PM   #12
Mamatoabunch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmJoyFul View Post
ooooh! Thanks! I love those things. You think the largest Poise pads(15) would be comparable to the postpartum pads? I'm just not too sure about how comfortable I'm going to be in paper diapers undies. lol
The depends are not the most comfortable, slightly sticky from not being cotton, but not terrible. I only use then one day. I hate the first day bleeding, mine is incredibly heavy and I like not worrying about splill over and changing again. I am not sure about the Poise, I have not used them before. I did get some in the mail though, the largest one as a sample. They look smaller than hospital afterbirth OB pads. I was really opposed to the depends thing until I did it w/ my fifth and was sold.

You can get a sample here.

http://www.tena.us/Women/products/Ex...tion_code=test
Old 07-05-2009, 09:06 PM   #13
punkinbaby
Registered Users
Formerly: vegaslibra
seller

My Mood:

I hated the mesh undies. I just bought several pairs of black undies and and the biggest overnight pads
punkinbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 09:54 PM   #14
mamadurf
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandamama View Post
my midwife suggested the same thing, but I just couldn't bring myself to use them...I got the giant nighttime super absorbant pads with wings and changed often....it was fine.
Same here.. you can buy the mega post partum pads online and the net panties too... hated those damn things though!
Old 07-05-2009, 10:17 PM   #15
Lilmeow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamadurf View Post
Same here.. you can buy the mega post partum pads online and the net panties too... hated those damn things though!
I liked the net panties! every baby i have to go buy new panties cause i dont wear the kind that supports a pad.. With DS2 i was able to get extra net panties I will try this time too!

Get Free Twitter Followers
Lilmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 05:34 AM   #16
Twinvillageiowa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I use them every month when I have AF They do get coated with goop and tend to be a little gapy so I put a sposie pad in there too. I also sleep on a towel.
Old 07-08-2009, 01:07 PM   #17
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

My MW suggested them as well, so I bought one package. When it's gone, then I'll be back to my tiny stash of postpartum mama cloth.

DD was born in the hospital, so we had the mesh panties... but the postpartum pads weren't all that much bigger than a regular pad to me. I saw one that my sister had after her C-section, and it was GINORMOUS, lol. The pads I had did not have any adhesive on them, but the mesh held them right in place nicely.
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 05:36 PM   #18
b'smom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel0123 View Post
what are these mesh panties you US mamas use?

We get nothing at the cdn hossys I just use over night maxis and change often.
Here in North Vancouver we get the mesh panties. I bought 2 of my own this time b/c the hospital only gives you 2, and I went thru them the first 24 hrs the first time. I love the mesh panties for the hospital. They are made by Tena and can buy them in any medical type pharmacy. Or go to Tena.ca. My tip: Order a couple of the free samples of the Tena Day Light pads. They are like BIG maxi pads that work really well for the heavy flow of the first day.
b'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 06:44 PM   #19
Mamatoabunch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just recieved two pairs of the Tena underwear I linked too above. I think will be perfect, so no buying any!
Old 07-08-2009, 07:30 PM   #20
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkinbaby View Post
I hated the mesh undies. I just bought several pairs of black undies and and the biggest overnight pads
I hated those mesh undies too. In fact with my twins they gave me a horrible rash on my bottom! I thought that's what Hemmroids were since the nurses were always coming in to check on my uterus, bleeding and a peek at my bum for them. I asked if that's what that was and she kinda giggled (I was only 16) and said it was a rash! LOL Ooops! Anyway, with #3,4 & 5 I brought my own undies that I didn't care about. I used to wear grannie-panties with AF and didn't care if they got blood on them or not, so I wore those and if they got really messy I just tossed them. And like the PPs, I just got the heaviest flow pads I could for the first few days and then regular flow ones after that. I hate sposie pads with a passion but had no choice back then before I knew about mama cloth.