Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-05-2009, 09:46 AM   #1
Lisonh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Baby led weaning and nursing ?

I haven't started the solids yet but was looking into blw . Really curious about it ... Could that encourage her to self wean earlier ?

Advertisement

Wife to John IV , SAHM to John V 10 yrs old , Louis-Philippe 4 yrs old and Naomi Rae Soleil 12/01/2008 http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=358135http://www.youdata.com/join/lisonh My ISO list http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...8#post11707288
Lisonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 05:25 PM   #2
shelbell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Baby led weaning and nursing ?

I don't think so. DD is 22 months, nusres 4-8 times a day, eats three meals a day and snacks. She just loves her boo boo's too much to stop!
shelbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 06:45 PM   #3
stewartjess
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

hasn't happened with any of my 4 - they always nursed right after baby meals and nursed between meals also. i encouraged them to though - i just gave them some pureed carrots or something and then nursed them. i didn't want them full on carrots or squash only so i was careful not to let them fill up on solids until they were 12months+
Old 07-05-2009, 06:53 PM   #4
fourstac
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We used BLW too and DD still nurses MANY times (15+) per day at 19+months. Some days she eats more and other days, it's more about the "milkies". I don't equate this with weaning from me but rather just getting their feet wet with food and a good/healthy relationship with it.
Stacy: semi-crunchy/silly wife to Alex WAHM to home-waterbirthed perfect DD, Parker, (11/07) and new DS (10/10) Co-sleeping, non-vaxing, BFing, APing, coffee-drinking, deal-obsessing, dog-loving 100% Mom.
www.facebook.com/parkerbuttonspage Fresh Sewn goodness-handcrafted bags
fourstac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 02:57 PM   #5
Bee21
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Actually I think it would be the opposite- spoon feeding causes babies to eat when they aren't really hungry, which could negatively impact nursing. BLW allows the baby to take the lead, eating only when they want to.

We practice BLW here and dd still nurses a ton. She'd much rather nurse than eat.
Bee21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 03:06 PM   #6
fourstac
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee21 View Post
Actually I think it would be the opposite- spoon feeding causes babies to eat when they aren't really hungry, which could negatively impact nursing. BLW allows the baby to take the lead, eating only when they want to.

We practice BLW here and dd still nurses a ton. She'd much rather nurse than eat.
nicely put!
Stacy: semi-crunchy/silly wife to Alex WAHM to home-waterbirthed perfect DD, Parker, (11/07) and new DS (10/10) Co-sleeping, non-vaxing, BFing, APing, coffee-drinking, deal-obsessing, dog-loving 100% Mom.
www.facebook.com/parkerbuttonspage Fresh Sewn goodness-handcrafted bags
fourstac is offline   Reply With Quote